OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 06:12:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need OCA Prayer of the Hours  (Read 1035 times) Average Rating: 0
David
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« on: February 24, 2004, 03:07:45 PM »

Hi, I'm modifying the text of the Midnight Office on Fr. John Whiteford's homepage to use the standard OCA text.  I don't have a copy of the OCA version of the Prayer of the Hours on hand, and hope that someone there may be able to give me the exact wording.  

Here is the Prayer of the Hours on Fr. John's page:

Thou Who at all times and at every hour, in heaven and on earth, art worshipped and glorified, O Christ God, Who art long-suffering, plenteous in mercy, most compassionate, Who lovest the righteous and hast mercy on sinners; Who callest all men to salvation through the promise of good things to come: Receive, O Lord, our prayers at this hour, and guide our life toward Thy commandments. Sanctify our souls, make chaste our bodies, correct our thoughts, purify our intentions, and deliver us from every sorrow, evil, and pain.  Compass us about with Thy holy angels, that, guarded and guided by their array, we may attain to the unity of the faith and to the knowledge of Thine unapproachable glory: For blessed art Thou unto the ages of ages. Amen.

The OCA is similar with some differences.  It has "hallow our bodies" "deliver us from every sorrow, evil, and distress" "that guided and guarded by them" As I am printing this today from work, I'd prefer to have the correct text so that I don't have to waste paper and ink by printing it again.  Thanks!

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
David
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 03:13:59 PM »

Nevermind, I found it here as an illuminated prayer card for sale by Holy Myrrhbearers Monastery.

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: