OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 02:20:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neurological Issues  (Read 1333 times) Average Rating: 0
Scott

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: August 25, 2010, 03:33:56 PM »

For most of my life I have had problems with my brain. When I was little I had seizures and I went through many tests to see what was causing it. A brain surgeon who was was checking me out thought it was caused by a left frontal cavernous angioma. He suggested brain surgery. Another doctor, at the same hostpial {Children's Hosital}, said it was not caused by the angioma. Anyway, I was put on seizure medicine, and it worked. A few years later I was taken off it and I was fine. Although, when I was much older I had a 24 hr. E.E.G done, and it showed I was having constant little seizures. Although by my behavior you couldn't tell. For some reason they didn't medicate me.

Anyway, from when I was little, until now, I have had pretty bad dizzy spells. Within the last few years it has grown much worse, so I started looking into this with other doctors.  I had an MRI and it showed that the angioma had grown and is pressing more so against my brain {Athough, some how, its not even in the same place as it was}. The brain surgeon I recently talked to said he would not do surgery because it's too dangerous; the angioma being two inches into my brain.

So, I talked with another doctor, and I had a test done. He said there wasnt anything too interesting happening. However, to see if my dizziness was caused by seizures, he put me on Kepra to see if it would help my dizziness. It didn't. So then I was referred to U.A.B to a floor which specializes in seizures. I was supposed to meet with them on September 2. However, I have come across another doctor that I will go to.

I'm able to see a man named Dr. Swaid N. Swaid, who is very well know for his abilities. He's at CyberKnife in Birmingham Alabama. I have an appointment with him tomorrow, on Thursday. Please pray that everything works out. I am hoping that he will do the radiation on this thing, and that it will work.

I'm not able to work because of my dizziness, and I'm really not able to do much of anything. I'm worried, though perhaps irrationally, that its not even the angioma thats the problems and we'll have to keep searching for the answer. Although, I looked up the symptoms and angioma's seem to cause the same problems that I have, so it probably is the problem. I hope so. And I hope its fixable.
Anyway, thank you for your prayers.

"To know is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge."
Confucius
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 03:35:54 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 03:43:38 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
kansas city

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 03:44:16 PM »

Lord have mercy.

God give them wisdom
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 03:50:18 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 05:40:20 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

May the doctors locate the source of your issues and fix them easily and quickly!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 11:54:38 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 04:02:09 AM »

Lord have mercy.

May the Lord use this visit to open doors to healing/treatment to give you relief.

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
Phoenix73
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 05:56:09 AM »

Lord Have Mercy,

August the 27th is the feast day of Saint Fanourios, I pray that he will be close to you.
Scott

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 06:27:39 PM »

Thank you for your prayers, everyone.

I returned from my doctor's appointment a few hours ago, and he said he doesn't think the angioma causes the symptoms that I have.
I brought him a copy of my last MRI & MRA taken and he looked at that, but he's going to give me another MRI & MRA on Monday so he can better study it for himself.
So, baby steps, I guess...

"To know is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge."
Confucius
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 06:54:38 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Love never fails.
IXOYE
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 07:29:44 PM »

Lord have mercy!
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 12:07:26 AM »

Prayers..................
Lord Have Mercy...Amen Amen

Lord Grant them wisdom,to find
The cause of your dizziness and cure......Amen Amen.

Prayers For the Intersession Of The Blessed Theotokos, with all the saints ,
to come to your aid For Healing , Mind, Body, Soul, and Spirit....Amen Amen

Slava Ti Gospode......Amin Amin.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 12:08:22 AM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Ionnis
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 11:35:04 PM »

Scott, how are you doing?

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
Scott

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 01:22:31 AM »

Scott, how are you doing?

I thank everyone for your prayers.

I had my appointment with Dr. Swaid, and I took a copy of my previous MRI so he could check it out. He said he doesn't think the angioma has anything to do with my dizziness, and the angioma doesn't seem to really need to be taken out. However, so he could have a better look himself, he ordered another MRI. A couple days after I had the MRI, the doctor's office called and said Dr. Swaid wants to meet with me to discuss the possibility of cyberknife. So, he changed his mind when he saw a second MRI.

So today I met with him, and he said something definately needs to be done about it. He said they can either actually operate on it, or do the cyberknife. And although he would like these things {angioma} to be smaller than mine is for the cyberknife, he's still going to do it. So, I'm awaiting their call for further details.

I wouldn't care if they did cyberknife or good old fashioned surgery; I'm just glad something's being done. I'm so excited! I've learned in previous doctor visits about this issue throughout my life not to get my hopes up, but I really think this is the problem, and I think its finally going to be fixed.

Also, a funny note; Before I met Swaid, and before I even heard of cyberknife, another doctor I saw said he "aint touchin' it", because the angioma is two inches into my brain, and too close to the brain stim. Dr. Swaid said he understood why doctors would think its a little scary to operate on something like this, but he wouldn't have a problem with it.
I love the confidence!

Thanks again for your prayers, everyone,
God Bless!

Confucius
Ionnis
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 10:37:55 PM »

Scott, I am glad that you are finally getting some answers and that there appears to be some relief on the horizon!  You are in my prayers.

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
Scott

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 03:29:23 PM »

Thanks for your prayers, everyone.

I've still been trying to do business with Dr. Swaid. There was a waiting period of many, many months for my medical insurance. But the waiting period is over now, and I'm going to another meeting with Dr. Swaid tomorrow morning (Monday). If nothing goes wrong, I should be able to get the cyberknife surgery soon.
I'm glad we seem to be moving foward with this, because things seem to be getting worse. I think I've started having some kind of seizures. Sometimes when I have an "attack" I can't grip anything with my hands, I can barely walk (if at all) and I can barely talk (if at all). This happened at Divine Liturgy two Sundays ago. I wasn't too crazy about that.
But at least these symptoms are more interesting than just getting dizzy and sick. . .

Thanks again! Smiley
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 03:37:47 PM by Scott » Logged

Confucius
Phoenix73
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 08:28:21 PM »

Continued prayers
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 02:02:31 AM »

Lord have mercy!

My heart truly goes out to you.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 02:19:05 AM »

But at least these symptoms are more interesting than just getting dizzy and sick. . .
Glad to hear you haven't been denied humorous perspective.

Lord, have mercy on your servant.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 04:11:03 AM »

I'm glad hope is on the horizon.

Lord have mercy.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 04:13:00 AM by Volnutt » Logged
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 12:42:36 AM »

Lord, Have Mercy!

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 03:52:46 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Scott

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 04:36:50 AM »

Yeah Cognomen, well, it is sorta funny. There comes a point when you just have to laugh about it.

Volnutt, it actually does look like hope is on the horizon now.

Thanks everyone!

I had my appointment with Dr. Swaid today. Any questions I had about my tumor causing my symptoms were put to rest. We're moving foward with plans for surgery. Soon I'll have an MRI and a Cat Scan done (And another test, but I forgot what that is. Someone will call me with the details) and these tests should be completed before the end of this week. Then seven to ten days after that, I'll begin Cyberknife treatments.

Confucius
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 07:54:02 AM »

I'm glad the diagnosis is sure.

Lord, have mercy on your servant, for you are the Great Physician.
love4christu

Faith: ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2011, 07:34:46 AM »

God have mercy...

Alternative medicine is also very helpful.  For instance if you got a tumor or an angioma there are herbal remedies that could possibly make it dissolve and heal it. but that depends.

if the cause of that is an injury for example, then Arnica Montana Homeopathic remedy might help. Or even Hypericum.

there are many remedies, but you need to find a very good Homeopath, and hope that could also work.

Thanks,

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: