OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 12:33:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joe Zollars--not in ROAC anymore  (Read 1945 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: February 24, 2004, 02:08:50 PM »

Joe Zollars wishes me to mention to the board that he has left the ROAC catechumenate and will be considering other Orthodox options. Please pray for him.  If you have any questions, email him at the address in his profile.

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
David
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 02:31:26 PM »

Joe is certainly a fervant and devoted young man.  I will pray that he discerns God's will.

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 03:08:46 PM »

I pray for the Holy Spirit to lead Joe to the Lord's path without much confusion and frustration.

There are many snares placed in our paths.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
gregory2
Elder

Most Holy Theotokos, Save Us!

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 10:37:17 PM »

This just makes me think that these "Orthodox schisms" that we have simply cannot be pleasing to God.

"Anything that is worth accomplishing cannot be accomplished in a lifetime." - the Holy Fathers
JoeZollars
OC.net guru

Pray for me an unworthy sinner

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004, 11:57:31 PM »

They are not.  What has happened is these people, very sadly I might add, have strayed from the Royal Path.  

Joe Zollars

These posts no longer represent my beliefs and I in no way endorse their contents.
Twenty Nine

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 09:28:01 AM »

They are not.  What has happened is these people, very sadly I might add, have strayed from the Royal Path.

How so?

Greg

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 11:47:19 AM »

Mr. Zollars,

I call you Mr. Zollars as a sign of respect, so that you won't think I'm trying to talk down to you. I will happily change back to Joe if you prefer Smiley

Anyway, I would think that you would have learnt by now that if you keep your mouth shut you can't stick your foot in there. How come, after being "burned" so many times in the past years, you're still vocallizing your opinions as to who is and isn't Orthodox or Truth-bearing? Even if you think you're right this time, I'd think that you'd have learned to be a bit more catious.

Then again, I haven't learned that lesson either.
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2004, 01:32:58 PM »

Then again, I haven't learned that lesson either.

Me either!

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
JoeZollars
OC.net guru

Pray for me an unworthy sinner

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2004, 02:57:17 PM »

I voice my opinions in hopes only to keep others from going down a dangerous path.

And I am not mister yet.  I still have some youth left in me.

Joe Zollars

These posts no longer represent my beliefs and I in no way endorse their contents.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: