OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 23, 2014, 02:21:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cardinal Kasper Speaks Out Against Fr Taft Statement  (Read 1226 times) Average Rating: 0
Orthodoc
Supporter & Defender Of Orthodoxy
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Those who ignore history tend to repeat it.

« on: February 24, 2004, 11:19:38 AM »

2004.02.23 Portal-Credo:

http://www.portal-credo.ru/site/?act=news&id=18545&topic=210

Interview with Cardinal Kasper (portal-credo.ru)

Q. A few days before your visit there was an interview with the Jesuit priest Robert Taft in the "National Catholic Reporter" wherein he sharply criticized the Moscow Patriarchate.  How do you react to that text?

A. As for Fr. Taft, even before I arrived in Moscow I wrote a letter to Metropolitan Kirill in which is stated that Fr. Taft's interview , neither in form nor in its context, reflects the
position of the Holy See. As chairman of the Papal Council on Christian Unity I express my regret in connection with the appearance of such a text and hereby state that we are striving for a peaceful and brotherly mutual relationship with the Orthodox Church. Fr. Taft holds no official responsibilities, at the present time he is a retired professor. His interview is a matter for his conscience and I cannot be responsible for
his private opinion. What he said is neither our position nor our style.

======

Orthodoc

Oh Lord, Save thy people and bless thine inheritance.
Grant victory to the Orthodox Christians over their adversaries.
And by virtue of thy Cross preserve thy habitation.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 11:25:47 AM »

Before anyone gets the wrong idea, this is a very old thread. Cardinal Kasper did not (as far as I know) recently speak out against a Fr. Taft statement.

Nevertheless, this old news is interesting for me, because I don't think I ever heard about it before -- although I was involved in multiple conversations, some offline and some online (e.g. this thread), about Fr. Taft's interview.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Tags: Taft 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: