OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 01:05:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Asking for your prayers for guidance and strength  (Read 1513 times) Average Rating: 0
ICXCNIKA
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: August 22, 2010, 12:52:13 PM »

I have two issues that are really bothering me. I moved to where I live now about 13 months ago. I originally went to a serbian mission parish which was great, however, my wife didn't like it, however, she liked the greek parish. So I went to the serbian mission for about 8 months and the priest was thankfully transferred to a larger mission. So the mission was dissolved. However, the whole time I went to the Serbian Mission I would also go to the Greek Parish whenever my priest was not available or when it was having a service and the mission wasn't. So even before I joined the greek parish I went their quite a bit. Now no one there is from Greece they all seem to be 2nd -4th generation greek americans. So I joined the parish about 2 months ago even though I don't know Greek (and they use alot of it) so that my wife would be happy and more likely to go. The services are good I am getting reacquianted with the greek, my problem is that they are not a friendly bunch. I have gone for 7-9 Sundays now and no one will speak to me. I tried to day to strike up several conversations with no luck. I had also hoped to speak with the priest as we have never had an in depth conversation and I figured he would want to get to know a new parishnor. He did say hello but then kept on walking and started a conversation with someone else, so i waited and then he started another conversation with someone else. He warmly embraced and talked to both these people for quite a while. I don't think I can stay in a Church where I am a non entity and an outcast.

Now on to my second dilema. I have great difficulty getting my wife to go to Church. She suffers from an anxiety disorder, she has always been a really nervous/ shy person. I figured it was because she was young and from a overly protective family. The serbian mission was too small and intimate she would have really bad panic attacks. There is another Church we tried but it had too many people and was too crowded again she had bad panic attacks. However, she felt good at the greek church however since we joined I haven't been able to get her to go there is always an excuse, I am tired of it. I have no idea what I am suppose to do or what God is asking of me. Please pray for me and any advise would be greatly appreciated.  
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 12:54:12 PM by ICXCNIKA » Logged
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 01:27:38 PM »

Lord, have mercy on ICXNIKA and his wife!

Love never fails.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 02:49:54 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 08:48:14 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 10:06:13 PM »

Prayers.......Molitve............
Lord have Mercy.....Amen
Lord Bless and Heal your wife and grant you Peace....Amen Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Phoenix73
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 06:18:17 AM »

Lord Have Mercy
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 09:14:40 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: