OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 10:13:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forgiveness  (Read 2721 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: February 22, 2004, 02:31:38 PM »

Dear posters,

Since today is Forgiveness Sunday I ask forgiveness from all of you posters for my many shortcomings.  The way we run the board is not always good, fair, just, equitable, nice, attentive, or neat.  But certainly none of that is due to malice.  For my failings please forgive me.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 02:59:21 PM »

I ask for forgiveness from my Eastern brethern if I have offended anyone knowingly or unknowingly.

james, a humble RC

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Bogoliubtsy
Archon

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 04:06:30 PM »

God forgives!

Please forgive me, a sinner, if I have offended anyone on this forum.

"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist". - Archbishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 04:26:54 PM »

Brethren

I ask your pardon and forgiveness for the times I have offended or hurt  you, in word or deed committed in knowledge or in ignorance.

Please pray for me a sinner.

Angela

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
katherine 2001
High Elder

Eastern Orthodox Church--Established in 33 A.D.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 04:31:41 PM »

Please forgive me, brothers and sisters in Christ, if I have offended anyone by my posts.  I hope everyone has a blessed Lenten journey.

Karamazov
Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004, 05:06:13 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I pray you, please forgive me my offences against you, committed in knowledge or in ignorance, by word or by action.

Peace,

-David
gregory2
Elder

Most Holy Theotokos, Save Us!

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2004, 06:25:23 PM »

please forgive me also, for I know that I have hurt people in my posts here (Jennifer comes to mind....).  Without forgiveness, there is no Christianity.  Please forgive me!

"Anything that is worth accomplishing cannot be accomplished in a lifetime." - the Holy Fathers
KO63AP

Грай, кобзарю! ЛÐÂ

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2004, 06:31:58 PM »

I have been asked to post the following:

I beg the forgiveness of OC.Net for any harm actions or words of mine have done to members individually or as a community.

May you have a blessed Lent.

Vicki

Ті, що сіють у сльозах, пожнуть у радосÑ
Byzantino
Me Ortodox
Elder

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2004, 08:23:09 PM »

I'm the one who's most in need of forgiveness...i regret any wrongdoing done to those i've corresponded with.
Stavro
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2004, 09:07:50 PM »

Forgive me, all.

In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the LORD at its border. (Isaiah 19:19)

" God forbid I should see the face of Judah or listen to his blasphemy" (Gerontius, Archmanidrite of the monastery of St. Melania)
Frobie
Quasi Vero Monaco
High Elder

Rublev's Trinity

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2004, 09:20:59 PM »

God forgives! Forgive me, a sinner!
MsGuided
Pharmakolytria
Elder

St. Anastasia

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2004, 09:24:54 PM »

I know I'm not much here, but please forgive me for things I may have said or done to offend anyone.

"I have sinned without number"

Kim

"Forgive me that great love leads me to talking nonsense." Barsanuphius
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2004, 10:33:47 PM »

I humbly ask you all to forgive me for my many shortcomings as a Child of God.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2004, 10:55:31 PM »

In all humility, I ask for everyone's forgiveness for my glib tongue and quick temper.  A blessed Lent to you all.  I'm taking a break from posting during the Fast, but can always be reached via PM.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
jbc1949

St. Adeodatus--Given by God

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2004, 11:30:42 PM »

Dear posters,

Since today is Forgiveness Sunday I ask forgiveness from all of you posters for my many shortcomings.  The way we run the board is not always good, fair, just, equitable, nice, attentive, or neat.  But certainly none of that is due to malice.  For my failings please forgive me.

Anastasios

You have never offended me yet I forgive you anyway!  Same goes with the rest of the OC.net participants.  Please accept my apologies for anything I may have done to offend you or any other members of OC.net.  It was surely unintentional on my part, yet I am still sorry.

I'm going East for Great Lent this year as I have posted previously.  I will also have to do my "western" duty this Lent due to family obligations especially for my children whose lenten activities are part of their Confirmation formation program.  It may turn out that there will be a conflict in schedule between my Eastern & Western selves.  Please pray that this conflict in schedule is minimal as I wish to adopt an Eastern spiritual mentality for the Great Fast.  I am particularly worried about possibly missing the rites of Great Holy Week and the occasional Presanctified liturgy on Friday evenings due to required attendance at my normal (RC) parish on behalf of my family.

May God bless you all with a very miserable Great Fast.  Please pray for me that I will experience great hunger and thirst physically and experience undeserved spiritual riches.

Jim C.
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2004, 07:12:47 AM »

I ask you all to forgive me for any hurt I may have caused you, intentionally or not. As a moderator I have a greater responsibility to avoid being a cause of friction and I am aware that I have often failed in this regard.

Please forgive me.

John.
Oblio
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The Pointless One !

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2004, 08:57:51 AM »

I humbly ask all of you for forgiveness of my transgressions.

May all have a blessed Great and Holy Lent.
David
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2004, 12:09:41 PM »

As with John I ask for your forgiveness not only from the sins I have commited as a member and moderator, but also for sins of omission.  I pray that everyone has a fruitful lenten season, and I ask for the prayers of the membership.

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2004, 02:47:18 PM »

Dear Friends,

I've been away due to technical difficulties at home, particularly in my basement, which has, due to the negligence of the town, become Noah's Ark.  

It is hard being an administrator, and much harder being a Christian.  If I have offended you through my unnecessary words and actions, or through my lack of necessary words and actions, or in anything, as an administrator or as a human being, please accept my plea for forgiveness, and pray for me, that I will be able to sincerely repent with God's help.  

With prayers for a fruitful Fast for all of you,

Philip

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
CatholicEagle
Banned
Elder

HH St.Pius X, Pope of Rome, Ecumenical Pontiff

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2004, 03:17:59 PM »

mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa :'(
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 03:18:30 PM by CatholicEagle » Logged
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2004, 04:23:27 PM »

My Polish brother,

We all wrestle with controlling our tonques and zealous emotions, let us be slow to react, and give time to listen and discern the thought, sometimes the intent is veiled and brings misinterpertation.

We should respond with due respect  and charity, is this not all wanted by all ?

Pokoj,
james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
CatholicEagle
Banned
Elder

HH St.Pius X, Pope of Rome, Ecumenical Pontiff

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2004, 06:22:34 PM »

My Polish brother,

We all wrestle with controlling our tonques and zealous emotions, let us be slow to react, and give time to listen and discern the thought, sometimes the intent is veiled and brings misinterpertation.

We should respond with due respect  and charity, is this not all wanted by all ?

Pokoj,
james
Yes, Pokoj i Dobro Paxet bonum
THank you for wording it so beautifully. I cna't word it that way
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: