OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 23, 2014, 05:56:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: School  (Read 582 times) Average Rating: 0
Altar Server
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian(as of 12/18/10)
Jurisdiction: OCA

Most Holy Theotokos Save Us!

« on: August 19, 2010, 11:02:28 PM »

It's that time of the year again...school... I'm sure parents just love that word( and this time of year)...and so do I untill I remember how hectic it can be. So please keep me and all kids going back to school in your prayers...that we make it through the year with Sanity, Good grades, and pray  to that we actually learn something!

In Christ,

David

"Come ye take light from The Light that is never overtaken by night and glorify the Christ, who is risen from the dead"
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 01:33:47 AM »

Lord Have Mercy....Amen Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 03:25:10 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Christianus
Elder

Faith: ¿esse an non esse Orthodoxus?

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 04:01:47 AM »

Add me to your prayers. pray that I don't get unnecessary, frustrating homework. Amín.
And someone please pray that I get fluent in Greek really quickly. Greek vocabulary is so hard........ I think I've almost got the modern grammar down.  I just had a hard time conjugating the passive tenses.
And just pray for anything else that is good for me.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 04:16:31 AM »

Our children are beginning 7th, 5th, and 1st grades, and our baby girl will be born in approximately 10 days. Wow! Exciting, eventful, challenging, and hopeful times. Life is many things, but boring it is not! Prayers are definitely needed and appreciated.

"In the name of Mary, Lord have mercy on us."

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 08:07:43 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Love never fails.
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Ruthenian Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Pheonix

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 04:50:16 PM »

Lord, be with us!

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 04:51:41 PM »

Our children are beginning 7th, 5th, and 1st grades, and our baby girl will be born in approximately 10 days. Wow! Exciting, eventful, challenging, and hopeful times. Life is many things, but boring it is not! Prayers are definitely needed and appreciated.

Selam
congrats on the birth of your little Girl!  many years to you, her, and your whole family!  and what will this little one's name be?

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 05:47:52 PM »

I'd like to offer some additional advice, if I may.  be VERY CAREFUL as to what books you bring to school with you! 

I brought a book to school with this picture of St. Nicolaj Velimirovich and everyone thought I was reading about a terrorist!  one kid took it from me at lunch and said (in a very loud voice) "Oh my God, Trevor's reading about terrorist sh**!"

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 10:08:58 PM »

Selam
congrats on the birth of your little Girl!  many years to you, her, and your whole family!  and what will this little one's name be?

Thank you brother! Her name is "Mariyam Hosanna."

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,28719.0.html

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 10:12:55 PM »

I'd like to offer some additional advice, if I may.  be VERY CAREFUL as to what books you bring to school with you! 

I brought a book to school with this picture of St. Nicolaj Velimirovich and everyone thought I was reading about a terrorist!  one kid took it from me at lunch and said (in a very loud voice) "Oh my God, Trevor's reading about terrorist sh**!"

Don't be discouraged by their ignorance. After 9/11 people always asked me if the necklace I wore was a picture of Bin Laden. It was Haile Selassie! But I never took it off and I never allowed people's ignorance to make me fearful. In fact, it became a great opportunity for me to tell people about His Majesty and the Orthodox Faith. So, don't back down my brother!

Selam

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: