OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 23, 2014, 06:31:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince charles & turin shroud DNA  (Read 2486 times) Average Rating: 0
yhwh7

Faith: christian
Jurisdiction: ?

« on: August 19, 2010, 10:34:51 AM »

People are saying Charles is the Antichrist & he was born of Turin Shroud DNA taken for Hitler's Eugenics program. http://host01.web.officelive.com/Documents/zizzner.html

theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 11:14:19 AM »

"People" say a lot of things.  (Did you know Michael Jackson is actually still alive?  It's true!  "People" have seen him!)  Cheesy

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 01:29:29 PM »

Of course he's alive.  He's hanging out with Tupac Shakur right now preparing an album together.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 02:05:49 PM »

ROFLMAO

Of all the conspiricy theories I've heard, this must be one of the best.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 03:59:20 PM »

I guess that two persons do make up "people" but that doesn't mean that their peculiar idea as to the prince's parentage is really the Truth.

The idea that DNA from a centuries (however many) old piece of cloth could collected and somehow be used to bring about a living baby with the state of genetic science in the 1940s is nonsensical.  The work of the despicable Dr. Mengele was hardly in Genetic Engineering when he was experimenting on living human beings at Auschwitz-Birkenau.

Other things on the linked to page are likewise not to be taken seriously.  The bit about Prince Charles' investiture as Prince of Wales in 1969 with the line about "This dragon..." is one.  While to be accurate I would have to find the recording or transcript of the ceremony to see of that line even occurs, if there is a "dragon" referred to, it would be, I surmise, the Welsh Dragon Y Ddraig Goch the red dragon on the Welsh flag:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_Dragon

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Fabio Leite
Archon

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 04:04:30 PM »

Some people also think that the entire British Royal Family (and basically everybody in positions of power) are actually shapeshifting reptilians. Probably they've watched V too much in the 80s. Smiley

Many Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 04:08:19 PM »

I've  heard that one, too.  <pinching the bridge of the nose and sighing>

Prince Charles is his father Prince Phillip's son and it shows in photographs.

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

genesisone
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 07:56:07 PM »

Just remember: truth is stranger than fiction.
ComingHome
Elder

Faith: Yes

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 10:22:02 PM »

Yeah, I heard Curly of the Three Stooges say that! Grin
Gamliel
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 10:40:48 PM »

"People" say a lot of things.  (Did you know Michael Jackson is actually still alive?  It's true!  "People" have seen him!)  Cheesy
And Elvis...
theistgal
Site Supporter
Archon

don't even go there!

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 11:06:08 PM »

Sorry, Elvis heroically died rescuing children during Hurricane Katrina. Cheesy

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 10:18:40 AM »

Sorry, Elvis heroically died rescuing children during Hurricane Katrina. Cheesy

uh, Thank you very much!

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Alveus Lacuna
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 10:51:33 AM »

Welcome to the forum?
minasoliman
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 11:08:13 AM »

Welcome to the forum?

nah...i meant to thank about the information, but with the obvious pun intended

theistgal
Site Supporter
Archon

don't even go there!

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 11:10:05 AM »

The "uh" was the tipoff ... the King lives!  Cheesy

minasoliman
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 11:20:01 AM »

The "uh" was the tipoff ... the King lives!  Cheesy

darn...i blew his cover

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 01:05:06 PM »

Just remember: truth is stranger than fiction.

Sometimes.  But in plenty of other cases, the fiction is alot stranger than the simple truth.

yhwh7

Faith: christian
Jurisdiction: ?

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 06:36:00 AM »

look here: http://host01.web.officelive.com/documents/index.html

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 07:23:54 AM »

I ask you not to start multiple threads on the same topic. If you continue this it will result in more severe reactions of moderators.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 10:11:08 AM »

That's an ummm interesting use of the prince's name to get a desired result.  I don't think I've ever heard or read of him being referred to in that way.  It's more like to be just "Prince Charles" or "HRH the Prince of Wales" (HRH= His Royal Highness).  I'm not sure but if the prince were to just use a first and last name it might be Charles Windsor. Then again his brother Edward goes by the name of Edward Wessex in his work with TV productions.  And what about using all of his names in such a calculation: Charles Phillip Arthur George?

Numbers games like that shown can be used to get an answer that fits the player's idea.  That doesn't make it true.

Ebor

EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 10:18:49 AM »

Some people also think that the entire British Royal Family (and basically everybody in positions of power) are actually shapeshifting reptilians. Probably they've watched V too much in the 80s. Smiley

That was exactly what came to my mind as well.  David Icke is the most referenced proponent of this.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 10:26:19 AM »

Ah yes.  I'd forgotten about David Icke and his lizard-people theory

bogdan
OC.net guru

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 12:03:52 PM »

This document is incorrect. His title is: His Royal Highness The Prince Charles Philip Arthur George, Prince of Wales and Earl of Chester, Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick, Baron of Renfrew, Lord of the Isles, Prince and Great Steward of Scotland, Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle, Great Master and First and Principal Knight Grand Cross of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath, Member of the Order of Merit, Knight of the Order of Australia, Companion of the Queen's Service Order, Honorary Member of the Saskatchewan Order of Merit, Chief Grand Commander of the Order of Logohu, Member of Her Majesty's Most Honourable Privy Council, Canadian Forces Decoration, Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty.

I haven't the gumption to calculate the value, but I bet there are more than 666 letters in his whole title.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 12:26:18 PM »

This document is incorrect. His title is: His Royal Highness The Prince Charles Philip Arthur George, Prince of Wales and Earl of Chester, Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick, Baron of Renfrew, Lord of the Isles, Prince and Great Steward of Scotland, Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle, Great Master and First and Principal Knight Grand Cross of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath, Member of the Order of Merit, Knight of the Order of Australia, Companion of the Queen's Service Order, Honorary Member of the Saskatchewan Order of Merit, Chief Grand Commander of the Order of Logohu, Member of Her Majesty's Most Honourable Privy Council, Canadian Forces Decoration, Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty.

I haven't the gumption to calculate the value, but I bet there are more than 666 letters in his whole title.

Taking out all spaces and punctuation the Prince's full name and title have 610 letters according to my word processing software.  Grin
With them the count is 757.  (So maybe there's a link to the Norfolk VA area code or a model of airplane...  Wink )

Ebor

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2010, 02:53:12 PM »

That's an ummm interesting use of the prince's name to get a desired result.  I don't think I've ever heard or read of him being referred to in that way.  It's more like to be just "Prince Charles" or "HRH the Prince of Wales" (HRH= His Royal Highness).  I'm not sure but if the prince were to just use a first and last name it might be Charles Windsor. Then again his brother Edward goes by the name of Edward Wessex in his work with TV productions.  And what about using all of his names in such a calculation: Charles Phillip Arthur George?

Numbers games like that shown can be used to get an answer that fits the player's idea.  That doesn't make it true.
Indeed!  I remember some saying Ronald Wilson Reagan was the anti-Christ because each of his three names had six letters.  Nothing but a bunch of hooey if you ask me.
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2010, 08:39:27 PM »

In Pythagorean numerology, the calculated value of his name is:

Vowel total: 1,126 (in 1126, Edgar the Aetheling, the last male member of the original (Anglo-Saxon) British royal family, died)

Consonant total:1,898 (in 1898, the first car accident victim on a public highway dies, in London)

What this means is that Prince Charles will get into an accident with a German prince from Saxony.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 09:22:03 PM »

Oh, wow...   Cheesy  did this thread ever turn out to be different than I thought!   Wink Prince Philip is Greek and, I presume, Orthodox. Prince Charles, as far as I've heard, is Anglican; however, I've read that he has visited Mt. Athos on more than one occasion. What on Earth he could possibly have to do with the Shroud of Turin, which is a Roman-Rite Catholic artifact, I have no idea.   Shocked  Huh

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
genesisone
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 09:32:01 PM »

Vowel total: 1,126 (in 1126, Edgar the Aetheling, the last male member of the original (Anglo-Saxon) British royal family, died)

Consonant total:1,898 (in 1898, the first car accident victim on a public highway dies, in London)

What this means is that Prince Charles will get into an accident with a German prince from Saxony.
I wonder how often he visits his German cousins? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Georg_of_Hanover
bogdan
OC.net guru

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 10:00:58 PM »

OMG call the National Enquirer!  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: