OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 06:42:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: work, home situations  (Read 553 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« on: August 19, 2010, 09:41:04 AM »

Hi

I am worried I am not doing my job well, so I would like prayer that I do better rather than being considered for firing or anything.

Also, there are some situations at home and for one of my friends whose dad might be alcoholic.

Thank you.

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 10:04:05 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Antonious Nikolas
Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 12:53:17 PM »

May God have mercy on you and your family.  May His angels of protection be with you in all you do.  Here's a nice prayer for times like this:

A PRAYER IN TIME OF TROUBLE

O God, our help and assistance, who art just and merciful, and who heareth the supplications of thy people; look down upon me, a miserable sinner, have mercy upon me, and deliver me from this trouble that besets me, for which, I know, I am deservedly suffering. I acknowledge and believe, O Lord, that all trials of this life are given for our chastisement, when we drift away from thee, and disobey thy commandments; deal not with me after my sins, but according to thy bountiful mercies, for I am the work of thy hands, and thou knowest my weakness. Grant me, I beseech thee, thy divine helping grace, and endow me with patience and strength to endure my tribulations with complete submission to thy Will. Thou knowest my misery and suffering and to thee, my only hope and refuge, I flee for relief and comfort; trusting to thine infinite love and compassion, that in due time, when thou knowest best, thou wilt deliver me from this trouble, and turn my distress into comfort, when I shall rejoice in thy mercy, and exalt and praise thy Holy Name, O Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

"According to the Orthodox Faith, the teachings and traditions one upholds and believes in will necessarily influence and inform one's spiritual orientation and the way one worships..." - Harry Boosalis
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 01:13:50 PM »

Hi

I am worried I am not doing my job well, so I would like prayer that I do better rather than being considered for firing or anything.

Also, there are some situations at home and for one of my friends whose dad might be alcoholic.

Thank you.

Prayers.....
Lord have Mercy...Amen Amen
Prayers that you do better at your job...Scripture says to pray for our employer and bless them and ,
Do above the best you can ...
Prayers that the situations at home improve, and for your friends Father, struggling with his addiction,
that he may conquer it,by the Grace of God...For With God All Things Are Possable...
Prayers that The Lord Hears and Grants our Prayers,For Christ is Truly the Lover Of Mankind ..
Blessed be His Holy Name Forever...Amen Amen
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 01:24:16 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 04:23:50 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Love never fails.
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 06:22:20 PM »

I am terminated. They are not dissatisfied with me as an employee, however, my skill level requires more training than they are able to provide at this time. I am leaving on good terms. I am also leaving. I have never had a job this brief before.

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
Antonious Nikolas
Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 06:45:53 PM »

My Grandma would've said, "God must have a better job in store for you".  Keep your head up!  Things will get better.  Smiley

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart... Psalms 27:14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H167uldx6Vw

"According to the Orthodox Faith, the teachings and traditions one upholds and believes in will necessarily influence and inform one's spiritual orientation and the way one worships..." - Harry Boosalis
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 11:12:06 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 08:37:08 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 09:02:48 PM »

Prayers....

Lord Have Mercy! Amen Amen

Lord grant that you find a Better Job,that pays
well, and where they appreciate you.....Amen Amen

May your Holy Guardian Angel guide your steps....Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: