OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 26, 2014, 07:29:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, future convert  (Read 487 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« on: August 19, 2010, 08:12:19 AM »

Hi everyone

I posted this in the Oriental Orthodox section, but maybe this is the better place? If so, the mods can delete the other I guess.

I am attending an Armenian Orthodox Church and thought I would go ahead and join. I was Lutheran for most of my life. I am coming from a more recent more protestant church experience with study of Catholicism and I understand a bit about the christology although I am not . Can you give me some advice about converting? How long does it take to be official? What church fathers should I read? How much do I need to know before I am officially part of the church?

Thank you

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
Thomas
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 09:14:43 AM »

Anastasia,

Welcome to the Convert Issues Forum!

OC.Net does not usually allow a double posting however as you appear to be seeking a dual response I will allow this posting. Your posting on the Oriental Orthodox Forum will allow you to get the perspective of how and what you will need to do in the Oriental Orthodox faith you have chosen. The Convert Issues forum  will provide responses to common convert issues that often face both Eastern Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox Christians.

I hope that you will find the Convert Issues forum to be place where you as an inquirer may ask their questions about the Orthodox Faith in a safe and supportive forum.  WE try to provide an understanding of the basic teachings and practices of the Orthodox churches. WE try to keep our answers direct and simple with sources if possible,

For those who are converts, this forum is a safe place to discuss issues that arise after one converts in a safe and supportive forum without retribution or recrimination. WE try to avoid jurisdiction debates and you may find a the topic that will be split and sent the appropriate OC.Net forum to continue the discussion or debate if it strays from the guidelines of our Forum Purpose.

Again I want to welcome you warmly to the Convert Issues Forum and hope you will enjoy your time as a member here.

In Christ,
Thomas
Convert Issues Forum Moderator 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 09:15:03 AM by Thomas » Logged

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: