OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 02:03:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serbo-Croatian, other Balkan speakers  (Read 15992 times) Average Rating: 0
ByzantineSerb

OC.net

« on: February 20, 2004, 07:18:33 PM »

Are there any Serbo-Croatian speakers here?

If we live as people of God, there will be room for all nations in the Balkans and in the world. If we liken ourselves to Cain who killed his brother Abel, then the entire earth will be too small even for two people. The Lord Jesus Christ teaches us to be
erracht
Elder

OC.net

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 09:52:56 AM »

I'm Serbian, it's the first language I learned.

NULL
PhosZoe
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

One foot in the cradle

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 02:19:54 PM »

I'm learning! I feel like "half a serb" not knowing Serbian.

ByzantineSerb

OC.net

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 02:50:12 PM »

I'd like to learn more of it, as it is a part of my heritage. For you native or well-versed speakers, how hard is it to learn the language?

If we live as people of God, there will be room for all nations in the Balkans and in the world. If we liken ourselves to Cain who killed his brother Abel, then the entire earth will be too small even for two people. The Lord Jesus Christ teaches us to be
erracht
Elder

OC.net

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 02:53:30 PM »

I learned it with mother's milk, so it's not hard for me. But there are lots of noun cases to memorize in Serbian (and Czech). Verbs may not be so hard. But some pronunciation is hard (like the sound LJ - slurr those two letters and you get it; Serbs of course have troubles of their own pronouncing TH in English and Q etc). I'd say, a challenging language, but easier than Ancient Greek!

NULL
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 03:58:35 PM »

I'd say, a challenging language, but easier than Ancient Greek!

I'd say that leaves a whole lot of room  Cheesy  - most languages are easier that Attic Greek.

Demetri

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Teodora
Lurker

OC.net

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2004, 05:18:11 AM »

-ƒ-+-+-¦-¦-¦ -æ-+-¦. -ò-¦-+ -+ -+-¦-+-¦ -+-¦ -¦-¦-ê-+-+ -¦-+-ü-¦-â-ü-+-ÿ-¦-+-¦. -¥-¦-¦-¦-+ -ü-¦ -¦-¦ -¢-¦-+-+ -+-¦-+-+ -â-ü-¦-¦-Ç-ê-+-é-+ -ü-Ç-¦-ü-¦-+ -ÿ-¦-+-+-¦, -+-¦ -+-+-¦ -¦-+-ÿ-+ -+-+-ü-â -+-+-¦-+-+ -+-Ç-+-+-+-¦-¦ -¦-+ -ü-¦-¦. -í-¦-¦-¦-+ -¦-+-¦-Ç-+ -+-¦ -ô-+-ü-+-+-¦-¦.

NULL
lellimore

OC.net

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2004, 09:26:52 PM »

How much difference is there between the Serbian and Croatian dialects?  I know the Croats use the Latin alphabet, is there a lot other than that?
Canmak

OC.net

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2004, 03:17:48 AM »

Serbo Croatian is basically the same language but it has regional dialects.......depending on where you are from.

I myself am ethnically Macedonian and can always understand the idea of a serbian converstation the gist of it I guess but there is certain regional serbian dialects that I have no clue as to what they are saying.......but I have learned to understand serbo croatian through my serbian/croatian friends.

The languages are all similar Serbian/Croatian/Bulgarian/Macedonian................but there are differences between all of them.

My doctor says I am fine its my other personalities that have the problems.
AntonI

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Of the Bulgarian variety

OC.net

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2004, 05:10:46 AM »

I can do Bulgarian here....

Some of us must be sacrificed if all are to be saved

- Ambassador Kosh Naranek
PhosZoe
Elder

One foot in the cradle

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2004, 10:13:57 AM »

How much difference is there between the Serbian and Croatian dialects?  I know the Croats use the Latin alphabet, is there a lot other than that?

Think of it this way, the difference is similiar to American English vs Irish English. We are able to understand one another for the most part but lose each other on certain sayings, words and idioms.

optxogokcoc
orthodoxos

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2004, 03:09:29 AM »

Pomaze Bog.

ByzantineSerb

OC.net

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2004, 11:21:44 PM »

Opt,

Are you ethnically Serbian, and if so, do you come from the old country?

optxogokcoc
orthodoxos

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2004, 05:13:39 AM »

BS, I am bosnian serb, not a serbian, however, my parents come from Serbia, but I was born in Bosnia.
ByzantineSerb

OC.net

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2004, 09:48:37 PM »

My grandmother's people come from Serbian Dvor, in Croatia. How well do you speak the language?

optxogokcoc
orthodoxos

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2004, 02:38:01 AM »

I was born iz Tuzla, Bosnia. Lived there for 20 years. I had an A in Serbo-croatian. :-)
Mina
Lurker

OC.net

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2004, 05:36:37 PM »

Hi, Byz
I am writing from the old country, Belgrade namely. I think there is a Serbian language tutorial somewhere on the net. From the linguistic point of view, difference between Serbian and Croatian is similar to that of Irish and British English. Serbian has different dialects too. Grammar  might be a problem, there are seven cases. The easiest way to learn it is to acquire some knowledge and than practice with native speakers, maybe a church community nearby...
In Christ
Mina
ByzantineSerb

OC.net

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2004, 06:26:05 PM »

Mina,

Hvala lijepo! If you could provid eme with that link (if you can locate it), I would be most thankful.

Mina
Lurker

OC.net

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2004, 04:51:58 AM »

Dear Byz,
the first URL provides a number of links on learning Serbian.

http://www.languages-on-the-web.com/links/link-serbian.htm
http://www.speakserbian.com/

and here is a site in English on Belgrade

http://www.beograd.org.yu/english/index.htm

Srecno!
Pozdrav iz Beograda.
Mina
Ivan
Religious Worker

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 10:20:31 AM »

I know Croatian and Macedonian,  I am Macedonian.

IC XC  NI KA
prayingserb

ЧУВА БОГ СРБИНА СВОГ

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2006, 06:52:05 AM »

I know Croatian and Macedonian,  I am Macedonian.

Znate hrvatski i makedonski ali ne znate srpski? lol cudno.
Sloga
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2006, 12:07:21 PM »

Znate hrvatski i makedonski ali ne znate srpski? lol cudno.

Nije nista cudno kad si iz makedonije  Grin Tongue

Христе Боже, Распети и Свети!

"In the history of the human race there have been three principal falls: that of Adam, that of Judas, and that of the pope." Saint Justin Popovic
S.O.S

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2006, 02:52:19 PM »

Nemojte tako,
Covek je verovatno neki Grk iz Soluna (Egejska Makedonija, Grcka).
Sloga
High Elder

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2006, 07:52:27 PM »

Covek je verovatno neki Grk iz Soluna (Egejska Makedonija, Grcka).

Grk is Egeske Makedonije, a prica Hrvatski i Makedonski, sad si me zbunio. Huh

Христе Боже, Распети и Свети!

"In the history of the human race there have been three principal falls: that of Adam, that of Judas, and that of the pope." Saint Justin Popovic
sunny

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2007, 06:20:32 PM »

I have a question for anyone who attends a Serbian Orthodox Church. My husband and I wonder how a Serbian service differs from the Russian or Greek services (other than language issues of course). Also, both the Greek and OCA (but especially the OCA)churches are having some trouble with their financial accountability and possible mishandling of funds. Can anyone tell us about the Serbian diocese and if they know them to be upright and honest in the financial handling of parish and diocesan funds? We would like to commit to a church whose hierarchs can be trusted. Don't mean to be disrespectful-just need some info.
Thanks to all.
Sunny

NULL
sunny

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2007, 06:27:44 PM »

Sorry,
forgot to mention that my husband is 1/2 Serbian but he doesn't speak it. I personally have a deep burden for the suffering of our Orthodox brothers and sisters there. For our children and grandchildren's sake also we pray for the Serbs-for their strength and safety and that they would find favor with all authority so that they could live in peace. We visited a Serbian priest once a few years ago, and he was nice but the secretary and other serbians were not so friendly. They didn't seem to think we should attend if we didn't speak the language. :'(
Sunny
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 06:29:58 PM by sunny » Logged

NULL
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 11:56:09 AM »

I think Serb1389 is best equipped to answer your question.  He is a seminary student whose father is a SOC priest.

From a personal perspective, I have never heard of any financial problems/irregularities within the Church, but to be totally honest, even if they did exist, I wouldn't know of them (as I have no interest in the Church administration).

We visited a Serbian priest once a few years ago, and he was nice but the secretary and other serbians were not so friendly. They didn't seem to think we should attend if we didn't speak the language.

This was terribly upsetting to read.  I would tell you, whoever said this to you is 100% ignorant and 100% wrong.  Can I ask you where you live?  Maybe I can recommend a good SOC.

About the language...

My parish is predominantly immigrant Serb.  Liturgy is in Slavonic.  After Liturgy all events in the basement hall are 100% Serbian.  Even though I am ethnically Serbian, I am not fluent and I think it is more accurate to say I do not speak "Serbian proper".  Serb1389 likes to call my dialect "village tongue" or some derivative thereof.  Grin 

I primarily speak English at Church and only speak Serbian if I'm talking to an elderly person.  On occasion, my wife and I feel a bit like outsiders, but our priest does a good job at making us feel welcome.  We have a weekly newsletter and he knows to give us ours, in English.  At the end of the day, my reason for being at Liturgy transcends language, so nobody could keep me away with a silly comment (like the one said to you).

I'd remind anyone who has that attitude that you are going to an ORTHODOX CHURCH, not a SERBIAN Church.

In terms of differences... 

It is tough to say.  I am at my 5th Serbian parish (we've moved a lot) and there are some differences between each parish (especially between the ones in Canada and the ones in the USA).  One obvious difference you should be aware of is the celebration of Slava.

If your husband is 1/2 Serb, than he has a Slava.  ONLY in a SOC will you find a Slava celebration.  This is one reason most Serbs don't stray from the SOC and would obviously be a prerequisite for any Orthodox union in North America.

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2007, 12:21:26 PM »

Serbs seem to take a little bit of time to warm up to an 'outsider'.  Once they do, they are some of the most fun, hilarious people around (and this is coming from an Italian  Tongue ).  I am marrying a 100% Serb (which has helped in the whole welcoming at the Church), but geographically we are a bit apart, so it is easier for me to convert and attend a church closer by for now.  So I am 'on my own' if you will, unless one of us is able to head to the others Church.  The Priests have been amazing and warm, you can see how much they care when they try their best with English even when it is not their mother tongue.  And well, my Serbian reads like a tourist help book "Hello", "Thank you", "Where is the toilet?"  Tongue.  Don't let some people turn you off the Church by their comments.  Like SouthSerb99 said, it is an Orthodox Church.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007, 01:02:31 PM »

I have a question for anyone who attends a Serbian Orthodox Church. My husband and I wonder how a Serbian service differs from the Russian or Greek services (other than language issues of course). Also, both the Greek and OCA (but especially the OCA)churches are having some trouble with their financial accountability and possible mishandling of funds. Can anyone tell us about the Serbian diocese and if they know them to be upright and honest in the financial handling of parish and diocesan funds? We would like to commit to a church whose hierarchs can be trusted. Don't mean to be disrespectful-just need some info.
Thanks to all.
Sunny

I have some information about this, but i'm not at liberty to say online.  If you PM me, i'll let you know what's up. 

We are pretty good about the money, but there are always parishes that have problems.  Some bishops are better than others, etc., etc., etc., so just PM me and i'll talk to you about it in detail, as much as I can. 

Also, for those who are interested, Rosseta Stone is amazing for any language and I highly recomend it.  It can help with pronunciation as well as grammar. 

In terms of dialects, what people have said above is pretty accurate.  There are many dialects with their own nuiances so you just have to get used to them.  Bosnian people tend to put "j" in their words whereas people from central Serbia do not.  Montenegrans have their own tendancies as do people from Krajina (Serbs in Croatia).  Croatians themselves have their own way of speaking, but is so close to Serbian that they just combined it into one language = Serbo-Croatian. 

That's my 2 cents.   Grin Wink

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
jmbejdl
Count-Palatine James the Spurious of Giggleswick on the Naze
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Romania

Great Martyr St. John the New of Suceava

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2007, 05:31:34 AM »

My parish is predominantly immigrant Serb.  Liturgy is in Slavonic.  After Liturgy all events in the basement hall are 100% Serbian.  Even though I am ethnically Serbian, I am not fluent and I think it is more accurate to say I do not speak "Serbian proper".  Serb1389 likes to call my dialect "village tongue" or some derivative thereof.  Grin 

Yet one more thing we have in common! It sounds like my Romanian which my wife describes as 'ca un taran moldovenesc' (like a Moldovan peasant - which is ironic given that were it not for her education, she would be a Moldovan peasant herself). I do pretty much the same as you (with respect to English speaking at church), but one of the ways our priest gets me involved is to have me read Romanian in church - nerve wracking to say the least.

And before anyone says this post is off topic, it isn't completely. Romanian may not be slav but it is a Balkan language (as are Aromanian and Megleno-Romanian).

James

We owe greater gratitude to those who humble us, wrong us, and douse us with venom, than to those who nurse us with honour and sweet words, or feed us with tasty food and confections, for bile is the best medicine for our soul. - Elder Paisios of Mount Athos
paradoxy
Married Hermit

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox

"Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds."

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2007, 08:09:16 AM »

Hi! I'm a native Serbian speaker FROM the old country, and still IN the old country.  Smiley

Serbian is difficult. Suffice it to say that I choose to write my papers in English because I'm more secure in it, and it's only a language I started learning at school. I really am a good speaker (and 'writer' Tongue) of Serbian, it's just so 'slippery' at times, and sometimes you just can't be 100% certain what you wrote/said is correct.

I'm happy to help those who'd still like to learn it!  Grin Just PM me.

And when He knew for certain
Only drowning men could see Him
He said "All men will be sailors then
Until the sea shall free them"

Leonard Cohen
Aleksandra

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »

I am Croatian,living in Austria,studying at English university.So I speak 3 languages :-)Anyone else from Austria?
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2007, 07:16:17 PM »

i used to live in austria.  study abroad program...that was 7 years ago

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2007, 08:04:34 PM »

Hello,

Ja sam novozelandjanin irskog porekla i govorim srpski posto sam bio mladi monah u Srbiji u manastiru Zica (dok je bio Tito jos ziv.)

jeromonah Amvrosije

Ctebah

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Serbian Diocese of Australia and New Zealand

Serbian Patriarch Pavle - True servant of God

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2008, 09:51:59 PM »

Pomozi Bozi da se Srbi sloze !! God bless you all.

Serbia is eternal if her children are faithful - Srbija je vecna ako su njoj deca verna.
W.A.Mozart
Elder

Faith: Orthodox christian
Jurisdiction: Eschaton

Lazare, veni foras!

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2011, 04:54:11 PM »

gde ste lopate... stigo ugalj...

here is a nice slang phrase for all u serbian language-lovers... high time u started learning the slang terms... greetings from Serbia   Cool

by the way- this forum lacks smileys

check on this 1 http://www.pouke.org/forum/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:55:18 PM by W.A.Mozart » Logged

completely new, especially not yet used
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2011, 08:43:36 PM »

I don't get the slang.......gde ste lopate... stigo ugalj...
                                   where are you shovels.....Coal has Arrived.....  Huh

gde ste lopate... stigo ugalj...

here is a nice slang phrase for all u serbian language-lovers... high time u started learning the slang terms... greetings from Serbia   Cool

by the way- this forum lacks smileys

check on this 1 http://www.pouke.org/forum/

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
W.A.Mozart
Elder

Faith: Orthodox christian
Jurisdiction: Eschaton

Lazare, veni foras!

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2011, 02:33:15 AM »

you usually say this when coming to a party ... it has the meaning of I have arrived ... and the purpose is to impress the ladies  Grin

completely new, especially not yet used
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2011, 04:39:01 AM »

you usually say this when coming to a party ... it has the meaning of I have arrived ... and the purpose is to impress the ladies  Grin

I Nisam Rodjen u srbiji ,Otac je iz raske srbije ,majka iz bosanskoga broda......Srbsko  sto ja zam da govorim ja sam naucijo od roditelje kod kuce u americi..i zovem moje znanje ulicno srbsko.......

That Interesting ,in english it loses the inpressing part  ...  Reading it and translating it into english/and reading it in  serbian  does make sense to me,  only when read literally and not using it as slang....As slang it  goes way over my head.......  Grin
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:52:10 AM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2011, 05:15:14 AM »

you usually say this when coming to a party ... it has the meaning of I have arrived ... and the purpose is to impress the ladies  Grin

I sam gledo tvoj link ,za srpski forum..ja znam cirilicu da citam a ne brzo citanje, ima mnoge reci slova [words] sto ne razumem kad citam i cujem u nas srbski jezik......
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:19:11 AM by stashko » Logged

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2011, 07:05:33 AM »

you usually say this when coming to a party ... it has the meaning of I have arrived ... and the purpose is to impress the ladies  Grin

laugh

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2011, 09:48:00 AM »

My family and I am going to Croatia this summer and I hope to find an orthodox church somewhere. We are supposed to camp in istria near a city named Pula. I would like to ask how you adress an orthodox priest in serbian ( If I am not mistaken most of the orthodox churches in Croatia are serbian but you may correct me if I am wrong Smiley)

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2011, 12:37:22 PM »

The last time i read something about Croatia and orthodoxy ,was that Croatia wants to establish a independent Croatian orthodox church.....For the Croatia orthodox or former Serbs that are considered Croatians now.....
i read about it here on this forum somewhere.....

There is a eastern Catholic Croatian church in Croatia, how big it is not sure.......

My family and I am going to Croatia this summer and I hope to find an orthodox church somewhere. We are supposed to camp in istria near a city named Pula. I would like to ask how you adress an orthodox priest in serbian ( If I am not mistaken most of the orthodox churches in Croatia are serbian but you may correct me if I am wrong Smiley)

serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2011, 12:40:02 PM »

Actually most of Croatia is Roman Catholic, and the croatian people are Roman Catholic.  There are actually only a couple of orthodox churches in Croatia, so you really have to look to find an orthodox church there.  http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=Ca0Z4y4faey6FRSorAId-zLTACltezMJ3tJ8RzENWE57Okoycg&q=pravoslavna+crkva+loc:+Pula,+Croatia&aq=&sll=44.835422,13.697205&sspn=0.533669,1.705627&gl=us&ie=UTF8&hq=pravoslavna+crkva&hnear=&ll=45.359865,14.441528&spn=1.05758,3.411255&z=9&iwloc=A&cid=7005098522247345934

This looks like it's the closest orthodox church to where you will be.  

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2011, 12:54:40 PM »

Actually most of Croatia is Roman Catholic, and the croatian people are Roman Catholic.  There are actually only a couple of orthodox churches in Croatia, so you really have to look to find an orthodox church there.  http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=Ca0Z4y4faey6FRSorAId-zLTACltezMJ3tJ8RzENWE57Okoycg&q=pravoslavna+crkva+loc:+Pula,+Croatia&aq=&sll=44.835422,13.697205&sspn=0.533669,1.705627&gl=us&ie=UTF8&hq=pravoslavna+crkva&hnear=&ll=45.359865,14.441528&spn=1.05758,3.411255&z=9&iwloc=A&cid=7005098522247345934

This looks like it's the closest orthodox church to where you will be.  
Thank you for the link Smiley I am aware that most of Croatia is catholic and I am not sure if I will even be able to find a church. But if there is an orthodox church in Pula I will will find it Wink

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: