OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 04:22:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HAH has arrived in Poland  (Read 839 times) Average Rating: 0
mike
Stratopedarches

« on: August 16, 2010, 02:51:59 PM »

http://tinyurl.com/2923esx

Sorry for the google translator but I'm to lazy to do it properly. Writing it in Polish was enough for me. I hope it is at least partially understandable.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 03:26:43 PM by mike » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 07:29:42 AM »

Something more readable: http://tinyurl.com/2ewr86y
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 07:48:13 AM by mike » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 07:44:13 AM »

Да будет благословение Господьне на Его Божественнейшем Всесвятействе!

The blessing of the Lord on His Most Divine All-Holiness!
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 10:05:32 AM »

Who wrote this?
Patriarch Bartholomew is the head of the first item out of respect to the seniority of the local church, which has gained this position in 381 (Polish Orthodox church is the 12th) he shall be subject to the faithful in most parts of Turkey and the Greek islands and those from the northern part of Greece. Dodatkowo Kościół konstantynopolitański posiada swoje struktury na terenach, które nie są kanonicznymi terytoriami innych Kościołów lokalnych. In addition, the Church of Constantinople has its structure in areas that are not canonical territories of the other local churches. W ramach Kościoła konstantynopolitańskiego działają autonomiczne Cerkwie Finlandii i Estonii (autonomia tej drugiej nie jest uznana przez wszystkich). As part of the Church of Constantinople operate autonomous Orthodox churches of Finland and Estonia (autonomy of the latter is not recognized by all.) Patriarchatowi podlega również kilka etnicznych diecezji w USA, Kanadzie i Europie Zachodniej (ukraińskie, rosyjska, albańska i karpacko-rusińska). The patriarchate is also subject to a number of ethnic dioceses in the U.S., Canada and Western Europe (Ukrainian, Russian, Albanian and Carpatho-Ruthenian). Ilość wiernych Cerkwi konstantynopolitańskiej szacowana jest na 3,5 miliona. Number of Orthodox believers Constantinopolitan is estimated at 3.5 million.
Has the Church of Poland joined the Greek Church?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 10:13:13 AM »

Who are the other clergymen in addition to HAH in this picture? The second one to the left from HAH is my bishop i.e. Arseny of Joensuu but who are the others?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 10:14:18 AM by Alpo » Logged
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 11:42:51 AM »

Who wrote this?
Patriarch Bartholomew is the head of the first item out of respect to the seniority of the local church, which has gained this position in 381 (Polish Orthodox church is the 12th) he shall be subject to the faithful in most parts of Turkey and the Greek islands and those from the northern part of Greece. Dodatkowo Kościół konstantynopolitański posiada swoje struktury na terenach, które nie są kanonicznymi terytoriami innych Kościołów lokalnych. In addition, the Church of Constantinople has its structure in areas that are not canonical territories of the other local churches. W ramach Kościoła konstantynopolitańskiego działają autonomiczne Cerkwie Finlandii i Estonii (autonomia tej drugiej nie jest uznana przez wszystkich). As part of the Church of Constantinople operate autonomous Orthodox churches of Finland and Estonia (autonomy of the latter is not recognized by all.) Patriarchatowi podlega również kilka etnicznych diecezji w USA, Kanadzie i Europie Zachodniej (ukraińskie, rosyjska, albańska i karpacko-rusińska). The patriarchate is also subject to a number of ethnic dioceses in the U.S., Canada and Western Europe (Ukrainian, Russian, Albanian and Carpatho-Ruthenian). Ilość wiernych Cerkwi konstantynopolitańskiej szacowana jest na 3,5 miliona. Number of Orthodox believers Constantinopolitan is estimated at 3.5 million.

I wrote it but I don't see how it is possible to derive such conclusions from the phrase you've made bold. I did not write that it is Poland, I meant 'barbarian lands' Tongue.

Who are the other clergymen in addition to HAH in this picture? The second one to the left from HAH is my bishop i.e. Arseny of Joensuu but who are the others?

From left: Deacon Andrew, Protosyngelos Stephen (both accompanying the Patriarch), Bishop Arseny of Joensuu, Metropolitan John of Lagada, Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople, Metropolitan Sava of Warsaw and all Poland, Bishop George of Siemiatycze, a Priest I don't know but he is from Poland and Fr. George Tofiluk (Orthodox Seminary Rector). From the Priests in the further rows I recognize two: Fr. Adam Misijuk and Fr. Henryk Paprocki - my rector Smiley.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 11:44:26 AM by mike » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
ialmisry
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 11:57:37 AM »

Who wrote this?

I wrote it but I don't see how it is possible to derive such conclusions from the phrase you've made bold. I did not write that it is Poland, I meant 'barbarian lands' Tongue.

And Poland's diocese in Brazil?
The text of the article:
http://www.iglesiaortodoxa.org.mx/informacion/?p=2955

The 16th and 18th of April marked the history of the Orthodox Church in South America, due to the realization of the "First Episcopal Assembly of the Orthodox Churches of South-America", in the headquarters of the Antiochian Archepiscopal Diocese of São Paulo (Brazil), having as the host H.E. Monsenor Damaskinos. The bishops of Orthodox Churches (Patriarchate of Constantinople, Patriarchate of Antioch, Patriarchate of Moscow and Patriarchate of Romenia) took part in the assembly,which counted with the presence of 10 hierarchs. The only one missing was the Bishop of the Patriarchate of Serbia, who as participating in the Serbian Holy Synod.

Given the blow up about the Polish bishops, this statement is inexcusable.

The objective of the Assembly was to implement the results of the 4th Episcopal Conference of Chambésy (Switzerland) in 2009, in which the Orthodox Churches gathered to create all over the world assemblies of bishops for a greater testimony of Orthodoxy and to coordinate group work in different areas (education, catechesis, translations of liturgical texts, relations with public authorities, etc.). In this meeting, it was discussed the adoption of a new version in Spanish of the documents approved in Chambésy, and the situation in each Orthodox Church in South-America was presented. The Assembly established an Executive Committee, whose members Their Emminences Mosenores: Athenagoras of Mexico (President, Patriarchate of Mexico), Anthony of Mexico (1st Vice-President, Patriarchate of Antioch), Plato of Buenos Aires (2nd Vice-President, Patriarchate of Moscow), Siluan of Buenos Aires (Secretary, Patriarchate of Antioch), and Tarasios of Buenos Aires (Member, Patriarchate of Constantinople). At the end of the deliberations, the Assembly brought up a number of recomendations to be dealt with in a inter-Orthodox level.

Like inviting the Poles I hope.

With no doubts, the meeting was crowned with the celebration of the Divine Liturgy in the Antiochian Cathedral of São Paulo, which counted with the participation of the orthodox communities of the city and dignataries representing different public, religious and social authorities.

The Assembly greeted in particular the President of Brazil, Luís Ignácio Lula da Silva, for his dilligence and defference shown in expressing through a letter to the Assembly, words for the success of this first meeting and his good wishes for all the communitie in South America. Also, the Assembly thanked H.E. Monsenor Damaskinos for his fraternal reception, his hospitality and dilligence in the organization of the event, and also for all the entities of the sirian-lebanese community of São Paulo for the warmth and attention for all the participants of the Assembly.
How about their sincere apologies to Met. Sawa?

The Churches that I have seen officially (since they have all, except Cyprus, violeted it) adopted the canon 28 myth have been the Churches controlled by the Greeks.  Has the Church of Poland joined their ranks?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 11:59:01 AM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
ICXCNIKA
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 12:38:11 PM »

"myth" is far too kind of a descriptor.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 03:40:16 PM »

The Churches that I have seen officially (since they have all, except Cyprus, violeted it) adopted the canon 28 myth have been the Churches controlled by the Greeks.  Has the Church of Poland joined their ranks?

Why do you put into my mouth words I haven't used? I wrote "has structures" not "has jurisdiction over", I didn't rate it in any way.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 03:41:14 PM by mike » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 05:07:24 PM »

Why do you put into my mouth words I haven't used? I wrote "has structures" not "has jurisdiction over", I didn't rate it in any way.

Having "structures in areas that are not canonical territories of the other local churches" is a superfluous characterization of Constantinople, as nearly all local Churches have/had such structures, including Poland. If it is part of a description of her canonical territory, that is an endorsement of the canon 28 myth, in particular as the Greek Archdiocese of the America and the Greek Metropolis of Toronto were not listed among "ethnic dioceses in the U.S., Canada and Western Europe (Ukrainian, Russian, Albanian and Carpatho-Ruthenian)."

Sorry if I seemed to put words in your mouth.  I don't mean to, but this is a sticking point for us among the barbarians.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 05:08:38 PM by ialmisry » Logged

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 03:29:39 AM »

I haven't used the phrase "canonical territory". I haven't mentioned the GOA and Canadian Diocese as they are obvious. On the other hand the fact that there are EP Russian, Albanian, Ukrainian or Carpatho-Russian Dioceses is almost unknown in Poland. This is why they were mentioned.

edit:

It wasn't a dossier for the participants of the All-Orthodox Council but it is mostly directer for people who wonder why this Russian Dumbledore guy is so important.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:32:15 AM by mike » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 03:43:38 PM »

Dedication of the church in Siemiatycze
Visiting Poland patriarch of Constantinople Bartolomeo dedicated today a newly built Orthodox church of all Saints in Siemiatycze...

rest here
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:43:53 PM by mike » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 06:16:56 AM »

Beginning of celebrations in Grabarka
August 18th on the holy mountain Grabarka celebrations of the festival of Transfiguration combined with the 300th anniversary of a miracle began. The all night vigil was celebrated by patriarch of Constantinople Bartolomeo and the Metropolitan Sawa. ...

rest here

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 06:41:39 AM »

Transfiguration on Grabarka
Dedication of the newly built pilgrim house with the money of the faithful ends this year's celebration of the Transfiguration on Grabarka. This year there are around 5-6 thousand people taking part in the ceremony according to police...

rest here
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 06:42:00 AM by mike » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Tags: Poland Polish Polish Orthodox Church 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: