Author Topic: How Are ROCOR Different?  (Read 6647 times)

Offline podkarpatska

• Merarches
  • Pokrov
    • ACROD (home)
Re: How Are ROCOR Different?
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2013, 09:02:02 PM »
ROME, ROMA, and ROMANZ?

Something smells fishy and yet I haven't been on a boat for several weeks.

ROMA? That name wouldn't fly.  Really?  I suspect the netodox know not the historic lack of love and fellowship between the "Csigany" and the "Rusnaci" of Pennsyldoxia..... :D

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2013, 10:37:26 PM »
ROME, ROMA, and ROMANZ?

ROMA? That name wouldn't fly.  Really?  I suspect the netodox know not the historic lack of love and fellowship between the "Csigany" and the "Rusnaci" of Pennsyldoxia..... :D

Methinks the Csigani have been unloved by most, if not all, non-Csigani, no matter where they live.  ;)  :(
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 10:37:47 PM by LBK »
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
  • Inserting personal quote here.
    • Holy Trinity Orthodox Church
  • Faith: Western Rite Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: AOCNA - Diocese of Charleston and beyond
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2013, 10:32:31 AM »

PP
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Offline podkarpatska

• Merarches
  • Pokrov
    • ACROD (home)
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2013, 10:52:53 AM »
ROME, ROMA, and ROMANZ?

ROMA? That name wouldn't fly.  Really?  I suspect the netodox know not the historic lack of love and fellowship between the "Csigany" and the "Rusnaci" of Pennsyldoxia..... :D

Methinks the Csigani have been unloved by most, if not all, non-Csigani, no matter where they live.  ;)  :(

Seriously though, the late Archbishop John of the  Orthodox Eparchy of Presov gave his blessing to his eparchy's sponsorship of a children's home in Medzilaborce, Slovakia. (Medzilaborce is the ancestral village of the 20th century pop artist Andrew Warhol.) The Home is a rarity in Slovakia, providing a safe refuge to abused and neglected Roma and mixed Slovak/Roma children in a loving and Orthodox setting. The current Bishop of Presov was previously the chaplain to the home for several years before being elected Bishop last year. So not all is without love and hope - sometimes dogs and cats can work together under God's careful watch. Our parish has had a long standing relationship with the home, providing funds and needed items over the years.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:54:10 AM by podkarpatska »