OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 06:34:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: West Coast Premiere(?) of Alfeyev Divine Liturgy for Mixed Choir  (Read 289 times) Average Rating: 0
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« on: August 08, 2010, 02:37:54 AM »

You are all cordially invited to what is believed to be the West Coast premiere of the Divine Liturgy for Mixed Choir as set to music by His Eminence, Metropolitan Hilarion (Alfeyev) of Volokolamsk.  The music for the Alfeyev Liturgy will be sung on Sunday, August 29, for the feast of the Beheading of the Forerunner by the parish choir of St. Nicholas Orthodox Church (OCA) in Portland, Oregon.  Services will start with Matins at 8:30 a.m. and follow with the Divine Liturgy at 9:30.  If any of you plans to be in the area of Portland, Oregon, that Sunday, please come and celebrate the Liturgy with us.  You might seek me out as well--I'll be the 30-something fellow in the bass section with the goatee.  (PM me if you need directions to the church.)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: