Author Topic: Young Hispanics less likely to be Catholic  (Read 563 times)

Offline stashko

• Protokentarchos
  • Wonderworking Sitka Icon
Young Hispanics less likely to be Catholic
« on: August 12, 2010, 11:16:10 PM »

WASHINGTON - A name like Maria or Jose isn't a solid clue anymore that the person who answers to it will worship in a Catholic church on Sundays
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100810/ap_on_re_us/us_ap_univision_poll_hispanics_religion

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
Re: Young Hispanics less likely to be Catholic
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 07:41:16 AM »
Is this really news? Evangelicals have been making incredible headway into Central and South America for a long time. The stability of the RCC in the US has relied on the steady influx of RCs from these areas of the world to retain their numbers.

Well, they better come up with a new strategy, because Latinos and Hispanics are being converted both before and after they find their way to the US.
If you have PMed me, the mods have taken my ability to PM away. Please see my email if you wish to contact me during my time of trial.

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
  • Protokentarchos
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
    • Return to Orthodoxy
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church
Re: Young Hispanics less likely to be Catholic
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 11:10:38 AM »
What a shame.
Worship is theology, so a church which brings Evangelical and Charismatic "praise & worship" into its corporate life is no longer Orthodox.  It is, by definition, heterodox.  Those "Orthodox" leaders who make theological arguments for the incorporation of heteropraxis into the life of the Church are heretics.

http://returntoorthodoxy.com/