OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 20, 2014, 02:30:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone read "His Broken Body" Healing the schism between RC and EO.  (Read 2116 times) Average Rating: 0
NMHS
Site Supporter

Jurisdiction: UOC

« on: July 29, 2010, 01:34:19 AM »

Has anyone read this book written by Laruent Cleenwerck?  I am currently reading it and to my very limited knowledge of history it seems very unbiased.  Thanks
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 06:29:04 AM »

Has anyone read this book written by Laruent Cleenwerck?  I am currently reading it and to my very limited knowledge of history it seems very unbiased.  Thanks

I can't find reviews on any Orthodox sites.  Is it a new publication? Maybe the book has not yet caught the attention of the Orthodox?
Fabio Leite
Archon

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 07:48:26 AM »

It's always refreshing when people confess their true belief in the defeat of Christ, the failure of His promises and their self-perception as healers of God so clearly as in the title of this book.

Many Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
Orual
Orthodoxy = 7, not 3
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Sunday Morning Costume Parade

I'm just here for the food.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 07:52:50 AM »

Unbiased?  The title is outright blasphemy.

He spoke it as kindly and heartily as could be; as if a man dashed a gallon of cold water in your broth and never doubted you'd like it all the better. 

- C.S. Lewis, Till We Have Faces
f.k.a. Matron.a
Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 08:16:05 AM »

The book has been reviewd in another topic:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,23968.0.html

Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 08:18:37 AM »

Not really. Sorry.

NMHS
Site Supporter

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 09:12:31 AM »

Whoa, I was thinking this might have been a decent book to read and since I their isn't much review on this I wanted to ask on this site.  So as I said in my original post I have a limited knowledge and I thought it appeared to be unbiased and it appears that may not be so.  Please explain to me why you have the opinions that you do.  I would definatley like to know more.  I thought this book was pro-orthodox? 

here are some reviews of the book
http://www.amazon.com/His-Broken-Body-Understanding-Catholic/dp/0615183611
Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 09:22:09 AM »

Whoa, I was thinking this might have been a decent book to read and since I their isn't much review on this I wanted to ask on this site.  So as I said in my original post I have a limited knowledge and I thought it appeared to be unbiased and it appears that may not be so.  Please explain to me why you have the opinions that you do.  I would definatley like to know more.  I thought this book was pro-orthodox? 

here are some reviews of the book
http://www.amazon.com/His-Broken-Body-Understanding-Catholic/dp/0615183611

He talks of the church "as hologram". And I thought this was a novel idea. Smiley There is really nothing new under the sun.

The strong reactions are due to the title only, at least from my part, since I haven't read it.

The title states that the Body of Christ is broken. This goes against Christs promises that his Church would never be deafeated, it goes against OT prophecies that the body of the Messiah would not be broken, goes against the confession of faith that the Church is One (ecumenists and protestants have to relativize "one" to include almost every confession). All this implies that it us, mortal sinners who will heal the body of Christ and not the opposite, which is, to put it in simple words, Satanic pride.

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 09:58:03 AM »

Parts of the book are available on Google books. I haven't really read it, but what I've seen seems a little more nuanced than the problematic title would suggest. By the way, Fr. Laurent is also the editor for the "Eastern Orthodox Bible."

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 11:31:11 AM »

How so?  Assuming one believes:

a)  the Church is the Body of Christ,

b)  the Schism was the fault of both East and West, and

c)  some form of the Branch Theory (i.e. both churches are still part of the original Body in some way),

it doesn't seem blasphemous.  (I'm not saying I believe all/any of these things, though I might  Wink , but just pointing out, it makes sense in that context.)

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 12:46:48 PM »

I think it's not at all about whose fault it was, but about the right belief about Christ and what He came to do.

Let's suppose it was entirely the Church's fault that the Romans defected, because of lack of help with the barbarians. We could and should apologize for that, although I think that the West has come to a point where it thinks the abuse it suffered is not an abuse at all but it's very birth.

Yet, we would have to say something on the line: "We are sorry we let you down with those pesky Franks and other barbarians who ended up leading you astray. We were wrong in that and deserved the abandonment of the West when we most needed because we had abandoned the West first. So, let's put aside those wrong beliefs the Franks developed and all their later applications and return to Orthodoxy."

elijahmaria
Taxiarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 01:05:31 PM »

I've read bits of it on google.  I think he still misses some full understanding of some parts of Catholic teachings but he does a much better job of representing them than I am accustomed to seeing in Orthodox texts or on the Internet so I think it is a pretty fair starting point for continuing dialogue.

M.

theistgal
Site Supporter
Archon

don't even go there!

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 02:12:13 PM »

Fabio, please note I was not arguing the point, just pointing out why the title of the book need not be interpreted as "blasphemy" per an earlier poster.  K? Smiley

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 02:29:45 PM »

Fabio, please note I was not arguing the point, just pointing out why the title of the book need not be interpreted as "blasphemy" per an earlier poster.  K? Smiley

I know, sorry. I was just thinking "aloud".

Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Serbian

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2010, 02:32:48 PM »

This looks good to me.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 06:56:43 PM »

I've read bits of it on google.  I think he still misses some full understanding of some parts of Catholic teachings but he does a much better job of representing them than I am accustomed to seeing in Orthodox texts or on the Internet so I think it is a pretty fair starting point for continuing dialogue.

M.

The continuing dialogue is a bit of a mess, with the Catholics trying to propagate multiple misconceptions in their understanding of Orthodoxy.

We have Pope Benedict in Rome idiotically insisting that the Orthodox do not regard a second marriage as sacrament.

We have Mary Lanser making out that the Orthodox are OK with abortion.

We have Cardinal Kasper trying to pretend that we have always had a teaching of universal primacy.

It just gets worse.   Please, Catholics, stop misrepresenting Orthodoxy!   You're killing the dialogue.
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2010, 07:17:22 PM »

How so?  Assuming one believes:

a)  the Church is the Body of Christ,

c)  some form of the Branch Theory (i.e. both churches are still part of the original Body in some way),

it doesn't seem blasphemous.  (I'm not saying I believe all/any of these things, though I might  Wink , but just pointing out, it makes sense in that context.)

I think it would be safe to say that many of us see these assumptions in and of themselves as blasphemy.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
theistgal
Site Supporter
Archon

don't even go there!

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 09:35:36 PM »

And many of you do not.  So which group is correctN

theistgal
Site Supporter
Archon

don't even go there!

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 09:37:21 PM »

Sorry, that should read "which group is correct?"

elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 09:40:20 PM »

M.

The continuing dialogue is a bit of a mess, with the Catholics trying to propagate multiple misconceptions in their understanding of Orthodoxy.

We have Pope Benedict in Rome idiotically insisting that the Orthodox do not regard a second marriage as sacrament.

We have Cardinal Kasper trying to pretend that we have always had a teaching of universal primacy.

It just gets worse.   Please, Catholics, stop misrepresenting Orthodoxy!   You're killing the dialogue.

You had to work really hard at some of this.

Speaking for myself, Mary Lanser made out that many...too many....Orthodox clergy and bishops are willing to make exceptions for particular circumstances where abortion is justified.  Now that is just plain fact. 

Do what you like with the rest of it but at least get what I say straight because I am here to help you out when you miss.

M.

Melodist
Archon

Faith: The Faith That Established The Universe
Jurisdiction: AOANA

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2010, 10:17:11 PM »

And many of you do not.  So which group is correctN

A is correct. Period. The Church is the Body of Christ.

I don't see B as blasphemous simply because it implies that while one side is correct, the correct side could have failed to act out of love in some instances.

I do see a huge problem with C. RC and EO are two distinct bodies without any official intercommunion on both sides anywhere. While Rome has taken a step towards intercommunion by officially allowing EO to commune, this has not been officially reciprocated by any EO church and for good reason. I honestly hope that the differences get settled, but until then I also think it would be a bad idea to pretend that the major differences just don't matter. And even then, there is disagreement on what constitutes a major difference worth breaking communion over. Anyway my point is that Christ established one Church.

And FWIW, these are our Fathers too, you know.

Made Perfect in Weakness - Latest Post: The Son of God
theistgal
Site Supporter
Archon

don't even go there!

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 10:30:55 PM »

OK, but I was just saying A, B or C are possible viewpoints from which the book title might not be blasphemous (as a poster charged earlier), not that A, B or C is or is not blasphemous.   (BTW, IMHO some folks are a bit too quick in calling others "blasphemers" or "heretics" without looking at their POV, which seems a tad unfair.  But then I'm heterodox so what do I know? Smiley )

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2010, 12:42:28 AM »

Has anyone read this book written by Laruent Cleenwerck?  I am currently reading it and to my very limited knowledge of history it seems very unbiased.  Thanks

I've read bits of it on google.  I think he still misses some full understanding of some parts of Catholic teachings but he does a much better job of representing them than I am accustomed to seeing in Orthodox texts or on the Internet so I think it is a pretty fair starting point for continuing dialogue.

M.

It just gets worse.   Please, Catholics, stop misrepresenting Orthodoxy!   You're killing the dialogue.

No hard work was involved, Mary.  These three things came straight to mind.

Leaving aside your own confusion about Orthodox teaching on abortion, what do we see?

We see two senior figures in the Roman Catholic Church completely at sea over significant Orthodox teaching.

1.  The Pope - floundering and in error about the Orthodox teaching on marriage

2. Cardinal Kasper, just retired head of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity - clueless about Orthodox ecclesiology.

Where the heck is the dialogue going to go when the Pope and the Cardinal charged with  "Promoting Christian Unity" are floundering?

Does anybody know if Cleenwerck addresses the Vatican's ignorance of Orthodoxy and how it impacts the dialogue?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 01:12:54 AM by Irish Hermit » Logged
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2010, 12:56:32 AM »

Cardinal Kasper, as President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity, did not seem well qualified for the job!  Grin

There was his scandalous remark, worthy of Robert Taft:  "We are increasingly conscious of the fact that an Orthodox Church does not really exist"

On the face of it, it's a rather unusual lapse in good manners and diplomacy by the President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity.  Roll Eyes

Of course, what he probably had in mind and wanted to say was that he wishes that the Orthodox had the same ecclesiological paradigm of "church" as his own does. This would make ecumenical business so much easier if it were so, if we were all moulded in the Roman Catholic mould, if we had a centralised authority in Istanbul to whom the whole Church were obedient.  But the fact is that the "structure" of the Orthodox Church (maybe better to say Churches) is not the same as the Roman Catholic Church.

There is a small essay penned in response to the Cardinal's confusion about Orthodox ecclesiology. I don't know if he has ever seen it but we may pray that his successor in the job has a better understanding of Orthodoxy.

An Orthodox Reply to the Opinion of Cardinal Walter Kasper:
'The Orthodox Church does not really exist.'

http://www.orthodoxengland.btinternet.co.uk/cardinal.htm
NMHS
Site Supporter

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2010, 01:39:48 AM »

Thanks everyone for the thoughts.  I stumbled across this book almost a year ago and I am just starting to get into it.  If anyone gets a chance to read it I would be interested in hearing some different viewpoints on the book.  Thanks
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 11:49:54 AM »

Has anyone read this book written by Laruent Cleenwerck?  I am currently reading it and to my very limited knowledge of history it seems very unbiased.  Thanks

I've read bits of it on google.  I think he still misses some full understanding of some parts of Catholic teachings but he does a much better job of representing them than I am accustomed to seeing in Orthodox texts or on the Internet so I think it is a pretty fair starting point for continuing dialogue.

M.

It just gets worse.   Please, Catholics, stop misrepresenting Orthodoxy!   You're killing the dialogue.

No hard work was involved, Mary.  These three things came straight to mind.

Leaving aside your own confusion about Orthodox teaching on abortion, what do we see?

We see two senior figures in the Roman Catholic Church completely at sea over significant Orthodox teaching.

1.  The Pope - floundering and in error about the Orthodox teaching on marriage

2. Cardinal Kasper, just retired head of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity - clueless about Orthodox ecclesiology.

Where the heck is the dialogue going to go when the Pope and the Cardinal charged with  "Promoting Christian Unity" are floundering?

Does anybody know if Cleenwerck addresses the Vatican's ignorance of Orthodoxy and how it impacts the dialogue?

Not all Orthodox clergy or hierarchs that I know disagree too terribly much with the Pope concerning second marriages, I have discovered, since you made a big roar about it on Irenikon.  So you are not convincing me with your own disapproval of his comments.  Not all Orthodox priests and bishops hold your views on sex and marriage, and your bishop's views of course.   So I accept that and move on but I see no truth in your making a fuss till universal Orthodoxy gets it all worked out to the satisfaction of all.

Also when did you start having a difficult time with the fact that you and other Orthodox misrepresent the Catholic Church?   You do it often enough and publicly enough that I didn't think it mattered to you.  And I rarely see you correct another Orthodox person concerning Catholic teaching, unless of course it is one of your preferred teachings and you choose to get it right.

I've watched you holler at other Orthodox faithful and clergy over sexual and marital morality issues for over a decade...among other things that annoy you.

Why all of a sudden are you the arbiter of all things Orthodox?

Mary

Wyatt
Archon

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2010, 09:43:05 PM »

Yet, really it is very much blasphemy. It suggests that neither Catholic nor Orthodox hold "the Truth" but only a piece of the truth. This suggests that Christ's own words that "the gates of hell shall not prevail" against the Church is a lie.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2010, 09:59:50 PM »

M.

No hard work was involved, Mary.  These three things came straight to mind.

1.  The Pope - floundering and in error about the Orthodox teaching on marriage

Where the heck is the dialogue going to go when the Pope and the Cardinal charged with  "Promoting Christian Unity" are floundering?

Not all Orthodox clergy or hierarchs that I know disagree too terribly much with the Pope concerning second marriages, I have discovered, since you made a big roar about it on Irenikon.

I challenge you to tell us outright that you know Orthodox bishops and priests who deny that a second marriage is a sacrament.    If you are not willing to state that, then please stop misleading the members of this forum by cunningly giving such an impression.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2010, 10:06:35 PM »

I've watched you holler at other Orthodox faithful and clergy over sexual and marital morality issues for over a decade....

I am flabbergasted!  This is a lie.  I recently spent a couple of months on your e-group at Yahoo! and there I encountered the perverse opinions of a young convert to Orthodoxy, writing of his own virginal state, under the tutelage of Fr Ambrose Young. His attitude to sex and marriage would, in my humble opinion, be sufficient to bring into play, should he ever seek ordination, the canon which forbids the ordination of people with such attitudes to marriage.

You also have a bishop on your group who was perhaps even more dismayed than I was about this young man's attitude to marriage.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 10:13:25 PM by Irish Hermit » Logged
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2010, 10:14:53 PM »

Yet, really it is very much blasphemy. It suggests that neither Catholic nor Orthodox hold "the Truth" but only a piece of the truth. This suggests that Christ's own words that "the gates of hell shall not prevail" against the Church is a lie.
There's always the Oriental.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Wyatt
Archon

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2010, 10:33:11 PM »

Fabio, please note I was not arguing the point, just pointing out why the title of the book need not be interpreted as "blasphemy" per an earlier poster.  K? Smiley
Which is why I didn't say "neither Catholic nor Eastern Orthodox," I said Orthodox which I used as an all encompassing term for Chalcedonian and non-Chalcedonian Orthodox.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 10:33:57 PM by Wyatt » Logged
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2010, 10:52:33 PM »

Fabio, please note I was not arguing the point, just pointing out why the title of the book need not be interpreted as "blasphemy" per an earlier poster.  K? Smiley
Which is why I didn't say "neither Catholic nor Eastern Orthodox," I said Orthodox which I used as an all encompassing term for Chalcedonian and non-Chalcedonian Orthodox.
By "non-Chalcedonian" do you include the Assyrian Church of the East?

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Serbian

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2010, 12:36:09 AM »

Orthodox are so big on saying that the rock is not St. Peter but rather his confession of faith that Christ is Lord. So if the Church is built on the rock of faith in the Lordship of Christ, then all the text seems to imply is that the confession of Christ's lordship will never die, even until the end of time. How that gets convoluted into meaning a particular hierarchal system will remain unified without error until the end of this age is beyond me.
Wyatt
Archon

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2010, 12:55:10 PM »

No, I meant Oriental Orthodoxy.

Orthodox are so big on saying that the rock is not St. Peter but rather his confession of faith that Christ is Lord. So if the Church is built on the rock of faith in the Lordship of Christ, then all the text seems to imply is that the confession of Christ's lordship will never die, even until the end of time. How that gets convoluted into meaning a particular hierarchal system will remain unified without error until the end of this age is beyond me.
So you believe that when Christ said that the Gates of Hell shall not prevail against the Church, He was simply saying that the confession of His being Lord will never die? Isn't that a rather Protestant way of thinking, the idea that Jesus is all that matters and that a Church is unnecessary?
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2010, 08:59:05 PM »

Both groups call themselves Orthodox, so unless one is decided that the Orientals are not Orthodox in the same way as the Byzantines, then referring to one as "Orthodox" and the other as "Oriental" is misleading. I don't see why people can't just speak of one as Byzantine and one as Oriental.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2010, 09:00:14 PM »

The ACE is not non-Chalcedonian in the same sense as the Orientals because it is also non-Ephesine. Furthermore, I don't believe that it is at all common to refer to them as Orthodox.

deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2010, 09:02:46 PM »

I don't know where you get the idea that the clause "and the gates of Hades shall never prevail against it" was referring to the rock rather than the Church.

Wyatt
Archon

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2010, 09:23:43 PM »

I don't know where you get the idea that the clause "and the gates of Hades shall never prevail against it" was referring to the rock rather than the Church.
Right. Christ is definitely talking about the Church in this passage. The messy part is that the Eastern Orthodox Church, Roman Catholic Church, Oriental Orthodox Church, and Assyrian Church of the East all trace their roots back to the Apostles and all claim to exclusively be this Church which Christ speaks of. This makes for a difficult situation because the believer has to discern for themselves which one of these Churches is actually the Church.
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2010, 09:42:04 PM »

The messy part is that the Eastern Orthodox Church, Roman Catholic Church, Oriental Orthodox Church, and Assyrian Church of the East all trace their roots back to the Apostles and all claim to exclusively be this Church which Christ speaks of.

I don't know about the ACE. I have not yet once heard a member of the ACE claim that they are the Church to the exclusion of the others, whereas I have numerous times with the other three, though not with absolute consistency.

This makes for a difficult situation because the believer has to discern for themselves which one of these Churches is actually the Church.

For sure.

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2010, 02:26:04 AM »

I suspect the absolute rejection, by some Orthodox, of St. Peter as "the rock" is a modern development. I have seen the passage interpreted as referring to St. Peter by St. Gregory Palamas and Blessed Theophylact... I imagine they're not alone. I doubt any of them thought of this as a support to the Papal claims of supremacy.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2010, 07:11:58 PM »

I suspect the absolute rejection, by some Orthodox, of St. Peter as "the rock" is a modern development. I have seen the passage interpreted as referring to St. Peter by St. Gregory Palamas and Blessed Theophylact... I imagine they're not alone. I doubt any of them thought of this as a support to the Papal claims of supremacy.

The chances of Gregory Palamas recognizing papal supremacy as such are slim to none.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: