OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 06:45:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best wishes on your conversion to Orthodoxy  (Read 5056 times) Average Rating: 0
True Orthodox

I'm a llama!

« on: October 05, 2002, 09:33:08 AM »

Anastasios,

Best wishes on your conversion to Orthodoxy!

Can you share with us your journey and how you came to realize the falseness of the Byzantine-Rite Roman Catholics? I'm glad you are at St. Vladimir's. They will form you to be a good Orthodox priest.

Thank you for this site. I'm predicting that within a few months it will overpower the heretics at byzcath and they will be left in the dust of thier falseness.

True Orthodox
Frobie
Quasi Vero Monaco
High Elder

Rublev's Trinity

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2002, 10:25:50 PM »

Nik, you got that pic? DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!
JoeS2
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic by choice
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2002, 04:37:51 PM »

I think most of us on this site would rather point out the positive things in converting to Orthodoxy rather than bad-mouthing the non-Orthodox. IMHO :-

JoeS2
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2002, 08:25:05 PM »

Dear True Orthodox,

I have not converted to Orthodoxy (at least not at this time.)  This is due more to some personal reasons.  Perhaps it will happen in the future, perhaps not.  However, if it ever DID happen, it would not be because of the "falseness" of the "heretical" Byzantine Catholics!  I have spent 4 years in the BC Church and they have led me from Protestantism into Apostolic Christianity.  

The content of your post and its tone is contrary to the guidlines of this forum.  However, if you respect others and post in a charitable manner, I will let you stay.  If, however, you are the same fellow who posted mutlitple times before "Get baptised!!!" etc., and you continue in this manner, I will have to ban you as Bobby did once.  If you are not the same fellow, accept my apology please.

I do not seek in any way to destroy anyone at Byzcath, thank you!  This site stands on its own merits!

In Christ,

anastasios
Administrator

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2002, 11:57:36 PM »

For anyone else who is curious as to why I a Byzantine Catholic own an Orthodox website, please be aware of these facts about our administratorship:

I, anastasios, am Byzantine Catholic but am interested in Orthodoxy and attend St. Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary;

Mor Ephrem is Non-Chalcedonian Orthodox;

Nik is a catechumen in ROCOR;

Bobby is in the process of joining the OCA.

Other moderators in the past such as Orthodoc and Dr. Mether are Orthodox; we will see about getting new moderators, etc. who are Orthodox shortly.

We started this board as a way to give a service to the Orthodox community and also to get our questions about Orthodoxy answered.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

In Christ,

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
True Orthodox

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2002, 09:55:18 AM »

Anastasios,

The Orthodox Church is the true Church of Christ. The Byzantine Rite Roman Catholic Church is a false church. Orthodoxy teaches that the pope is a heretic.

Since you have chosen to serve the true Church and not the false one by your creation of this website you must be on the road from heresy into Truth. I pray that the Lord will quickly lead you out of heresy and into the sweet Truth of Orthodoxy.

Since you are not Orthodox this website should not be treated as Orthodox since you are not Orthodox nor can you speak for Orthodoxy. You are still a Byzantine-Rite Roman Catholic and profess the heresies of that group (and this is the official teaching of the Orthodox Church that they are heretics).  Bishop Tikhon of the OCA clearly teaches that they are farther from us than are the Protestants.  

Non-Chalcedonian Orthodox are not Orthodox but are heretics. Mor Ephrem may be a nice person but he is a heretic in the eyes of the Orthodox Church if he does not accept all Seven Ecumenical Councils.

If this Nik person is only a catechumen in ROCOR (one of the most orthodox Churches in the Orthodox Communion) then he is not yet Orthodox and cannot responsibility speak for Orthodoxy.

I do not know who Bobby is but if he is not a full-fledged Orthodox then he belongs to a heretical church.

So, what we have here is a bunch of Orthodox wannabes who are pretending that they are Orthodox but really expressing the heretical theology of Byzantine-Rite Roman Catholics as if it were Orthodox.

Sorry, but it doesn’t work. You need to actually make a commitment to Orthodoxy and reject heresy and work to bring your friends stuck in the byzcath heresy to Orthodoxy. Until then you are a heretic.

True Orthodox
theodore

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2002, 11:02:16 AM »

"True" Orthodox wrote:
"If this Nik person is only a catechumen in ROCOR (one of the most orthodox Churches in the Orthodox Communion) then he is not yet Orthodox and cannot responsibility speak for Orthodoxy."

What the heck does the phrase, "one of the most orthodox Churches of the Orthodox Communion" mean?   Either you're fully Orthdox, or your not.  Period.  To say that the Russians are more Orthodox than the Greeks who are more Orthodox than the Bulgarians who are more Orthodox than...   Well, you get the picture.  This is a bogus line of argument.   Your take on Christianity is verly legalistic, judgemental and lacking in charity and love.  You are obviously NOT Orthodox, but a troll who wishes to cause dissention and to be a roadblock on the spiritual journey of others.  I don't believe that the Orthodox Church, as a whole, has officially declared Roman/Eastern Catholicism to be a heresy.  Since YOU are not a council of bishops, you lack the authority to make such statements as being absolute.  Please meditate on what love and charity are about, as you obviously can't speak responsibly about Orthodoxy.  

Theodore
The young fogey
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2002, 11:19:19 AM »

A friend and I agree that True Orthodox is not a real person. Probably the same troll who posed as 'Catholic First', a conservative Roman Catholic, on yourcatholic.com, exposing Nik's plan to convert to Orthodoxy and also claiming I am a Catholic-turned-Orthodox, information neither of us disclosed there. This person seems very angry about people converting to Orthodoxy, doesn't like conservatives, is pretty good at impersonating various types (a conservative RC, a zealot Orthodox) and personally is out to hurt me, Nik and possibly Dustin as well (who has not announced any conversion).

Orthodoc
Supporter & Defender Of Orthodoxy
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic

Those who ignore history tend to repeat it.

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2002, 11:35:14 AM »

True Orthodox:

After reading your post I couldn't  help but wonder if you are just a troll or a set up to try ad discredit this website.  If, however, you were baptised in an Orthodox Catholic Church and attend a canonical Orthodox parish, you better look for another parish or jurisdiction because it will make it easier for you on that future date when you have to answer  for your behavior before the 'dreaded judgement seat of Christ'.

There are many things that a TRUE ORTHODOX  is, and there are many things a TRUE ORTHODOX is not my friend.  And you, if you are in fact  even an Orthodox Catholic, have not been able to grasp any of them by your post.

I can only hope that Anastasios, Nik, Bobby, and the rest of the people will see you for the troll and troublemaker you seem to be.  You don't know the first thing about Orthodoxy my friend.  Much less what you call TRUE ORTHODOXY.

For a TRUE ORTHODOX will look at every person with love because they will see the image of God in them whether they are Orthodox or not.  A TRUE ORTHODOX,  will know Scripture well enough to understand that it tells us 'Judge not, lest ye be judged'.  A true Orthodox will realize therefore, that it is not for us to judge a person intentions because that is for God alone.

A TRUE ORTHODOX will realize that when the Gospel tells us to 'feed the hungry' it is not only  talking about an empty stomach but and empty soul that needs nourishment.  This is the reason this site was established by persons who are searching for the truth and are on their  journey towards Holy Orthodoxy.

They are like the prodigal son who are their way 'back home'.  Thank God that there are those of us in here that are Orthodox Catholics that are willing to feed an nourish them as they travel back home.  To provide for them the strength, support, and love they need to sustain them in their journey.  I can only hope that when they finally arrive and the feast is on the table they won't eat from your side of the table so they don't end up with  food poisioning!  

It is my hope that the moderators give you another chance to redeem yourself.  But if you don't.... that you be sapped from this list

Orthodoc

"An Orthodox Catholic is taught that  we know where the Holy Spirit resides in completely and in truth (the Holy Catholic & Apostolic Orthodox Church).  However, when judging other Christians....  where the Holy Spirit also resides and to what extent is up to God alone."

Oh Lord, Save thy people and bless thine inheritance.
Grant victory to the Orthodox Christians over their adversaries.
And by virtue of thy Cross preserve thy habitation.
True Orthodox

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2002, 11:42:20 AM »

"True" Orthodox wrote:
"If this Nik person is only a catechumen in ROCOR (one of the most orthodox Churches in the Orthodox Communion) then he is not yet Orthodox and cannot responsibility speak for Orthodoxy."

What the heck does the phrase, "one of the most orthodox Churches of the Orthodox Communion" mean?   Either you're fully Orthdox, or your not.  Period.  To say that the Russians are more Orthodox than the Greeks who are more Orthodox than the Bulgarians who are more Orthodox than...   Well, you get the picture.  This is a bogus line of argument.   Your take on Christianity is verly legalistic, judgemental and lacking in charity and love.  You are obviously NOT Orthodox, but a troll who wishes to cause dissention and to be a roadblock on the spiritual journey of others.  I don't believe that the Orthodox Church, as a whole, has officially declared Roman/Eastern Catholicism to be a heresy.  Since YOU are not a council of bishops, you lack the authority to make such statements as being absolute.  Please meditate on what love and charity are about, as you obviously can't speak responsibly about Orthodoxy.  

Theodore

ROCOR is one of the most faithful Orthodox Churches. It is not involved in the heresy of ecumenism as are the "world Orthodox Churches". There are branches of Orthodoxy in Greece that reject the heresy of ecumenism and are truly Orthodox.

Clearly, the claims of the pope are heretical.

You converts to Orthodoxy should realize that you cannot pick and choose what you wish to believe in. You should submit yourselfs to the teachings of the Orthodox Church.  In her alone is the sweetness of salvation.  

I would invite my fellow Orthodox Christians to provide additional testimony for the truthfulness of Orthodoxy and the falseness of Roman Catholcism but there do not appear to be any real Orthodox Christians on this messageboard. All of you are just Orthodox wannabes. Sadly, the post of people born and raised in Orthodoxy will be deleted and the post of those who are ignorant of what the Orthodox Church teaches will be given as if it were Orthodox. I wonder if this website is a uniate plot to confuse the Orthodoxy into thinking that the false uniate Church is the same as the true Orthodox Church?

True Orthodox
True Orthodox

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2002, 11:49:13 AM »

A friend and I agree that True Orthodox is not a real person. Probably the same troll who posed as 'Catholic First', a conservative Roman Catholic, on yourcatholic.com, exposing Nik's plan to convert to Orthodoxy and also claiming I am a Catholic-turned-Orthodox, information neither of us disclosed there. This person seems very angry about people converting to Orthodoxy, doesn't like conservatives, is pretty good at impersonating various types (a conservative RC, a zealot Orthodox) and personally is out to hurt me, Nik and possibly Dustin as well (who has not announced any conversion).

Serge,

I didn't know that Nik was the creator of the byzcath board. I'm glad to hear that he is rejecting them and coming to Orthodoxy.  I do not remember seeing that his intention to become Orthodox was exposed there.  I am sorry that he feels exposed by people knowing of his decision for Orthodoxy. He should go back there and tell his testimony of becoming Orthodox and call others to follow his example.

Are you not a Roman Catholic who converted to Orthodoxy? You seem young in the Orthodox faith.

True Orthodox
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2002, 11:50:35 AM »

True Orthodox,

I remember you. You're the troll I banned!

Get a life, and leave the board. You're not wanted.

Bobby
The young fogey
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2002, 11:53:21 AM »

I didn't mention byzcath - it seems the troll has given him/herself away as somebody from there. I second Bobby - go away.

True Orthodox

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2002, 11:54:47 AM »

True Orthodox:

After reading your post I couldn't  help but wonder if you are just a troll or a set up to try ad discredit this website.  If, however, you were baptised in an Orthodox Catholic Church and attend a canonical Orthodox parish, you better look for another parish or jurisdiction because it will make it easier for you on that future date when you have to answer  for your behavior before the 'dreaded judgement seat of Christ'.

There are many things that a TRUE ORTHODOX  is, and there are many things a TRUE ORTHODOX is not my friend.  And you, if you are in fact  even an Orthodox Catholic, have not been able to grasp any of them by your post.

I can only hope that Anastasios, Nik, Bobby, and the rest of the people will see you for the troll and troublemaker you seem to be.  You don't know the first thing about Orthodoxy my friend.  Much less what you call TRUE ORTHODOXY.

For a TRUE ORTHODOX will look at every person with love because they will see the image of God in them whether they are Orthodox or not.  A TRUE ORTHODOX,  will know Scripture well enough to understand that it tells us 'Judge not, lest ye be judged'.  A true Orthodox will realize therefore, that it is not for us to judge a person intentions because that is for God alone.

A TRUE ORTHODOX will realize that when the Gospel tells us to 'feed the hungry' it is not only  talking about an empty stomach but and empty soul that needs nourishment.  This is the reason this site was established by persons who are searching for the truth and are on their  journey towards Holy Orthodoxy.

They are like the prodigal son who are their way 'back home'.  Thank God that there are those of us in here that are Orthodox Catholics that are willing to feed an nourish them as they travel back home.  To provide for them the strength, support, and love they need to sustain them in their journey.  I can only hope that when they finally arrive and the feast is on the table they won't eat from your side of the table so they don't end up with  food poisioning!  

It is my hope that the moderators give you another chance to redeem yourself.  But if you don't.... that you be sapped from this list

Orthodoc

"An Orthodox Catholic is taught that  we know where the Holy Spirit resides in completely and in truth (the Holy Catholic & Apostolic Orthodox Church).  However, when judging other Christians....  where the Holy Spirit also resides and to what extent is up to God alone."

Orthodoc,

Sorry, but you are wrong. We have a responsibility to call all people into the Sweetness and Truth that is Orthodoxy.

As to my background, I am a cradle Orthodox. My parish was originally Byzantine-Rite Roman Catholic but entered Orthodoxy over 100 years ago and is now part of ROCOR. We do not take part in the heresy of ecumenicsm as does the OCA (which I think is your church).

I have long admired your tireless defense of Orthodoxy on the Orthodox and Roman Catholic messageboards. We are doing the same thing except that I choose to offer the Truth even when it appears harsh and you choose to soften it up.

True Orthodox
Orthodoc
Archon

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2002, 11:56:06 AM »

IT IS MY VOTE THAT THE PERSON WHO FALSELY IDENTIFIES HIMSELF AS 'TRUE ORTHODOX' BE RESTRICTED FROM POSTING ON THE SITE.  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
IT WOULD ALSO BE MY WISH THAT OTHERS MAKE THEIR DISPLEASURE  PUBLICALLY KNOWN TO THE MODERATORS.

ORTHODOC (who has been a baptised Orthodox Catholic for his entire life (well maybe not the first six weeks)!

True Orthodox

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2002, 11:56:35 AM »

I didn't mention byzcath - it seems the troll has given him/herself away as somebody from there. I second Bobby - go away.

You were a poster at byzcath until you were booted off for speaking the truth about the Roman Catholics.
The young fogey
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2002, 11:58:47 AM »

Whoever you are, you've really gone off the deep end.

Still it's kind of flattering you hate me so much you're trying to hurt me. The opposite of love is not hate but indifference.

True Orthodox

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2002, 12:01:07 PM »

IT IS MY VOTE THAT THE PERSON WHO FALSELY IDENTIFIES HIMSELF AS 'TRUE ORTHODOX' BE RESTRICTED FROM POSTING ON THE SITE.  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
IT WOULD ALSO BE MY WISH THAT OTHERS MAKE THEIR DISPLEASURE  PUBLICALLY KNOWN TO THE MODERATORS.

ORTHODOC (who has been a baptised Orthodox Catholic for his entire life (well maybe not the first six weeks)!

Truth will always be censored. Please visit the Indiana Orthodox site and read the archived writings of Bishop Tikhon of San Francisco (one of your OCA bishops). He is very clear that we are to have nothing to do with the Roman Catholic heretics of any rite. We are to call them to Orthodoxy.

It will be a sad day for Orthodoxy if administrators and moderators who are mostly non-Orthodox are allowed to kick one of the few cradle Orthodox off a website that was supposedly created for Orthodox Christians.
True Orthodox

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2002, 12:02:26 PM »

Whoever you are, you've really gone off the deep end.

Still it's kind of flattering you hate me so much you're trying to hurt me. The opposite of love is not hate but indifference.

I do not hate you. I have admired your attacks on the Roman Catholics.
Orthodoc
Archon

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2002, 12:13:00 PM »

[Sorry, but you are wrong. We have a responsibility to call all people into the Sweetness and Truth that is Orthodoxy.]

If you think that what you have posted thus far is the sweetness and truth of Orthodoxy, I would suggest you get to a doctor or  nutritionist ASAP.  Your taste buds seem to be all out of wack.
From what I can tell, its probably from some type of vitamin or hormonal deficiency.  
It's obvious, in more ways than one, that you are being feed the wrong kind of nourishment and have developed a serious problem because of it.

Orthodoc

CDHealy

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

I'm a philosophy major.

chealy5
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2002, 12:19:11 PM »

Boy, speaking for this inquirer only, this True Orthodox guy(?) seems like a nut.  Thankfully I have a local parish where I attend so that my view of Orthodoxy is not skewed by his rantings.

I'm with whoever else would rather he not be on the board, but I'm only an inquirer, so I'll leave it in more capable hands.

Clifton D. Healy
email: chealy5@yahoo.com
blog: http://benedictseraphim.wordpress.com

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--Hamlet,
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2002, 01:14:59 PM »

Well, right now only anastasios has administrator access to the board.

I have slipped him a note, and as soon as he gets on, True Orthodox will be banned.

Bobby
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2002, 01:27:17 PM »

Non-Chalcedonian Orthodox are not Orthodox but are heretics. Mor Ephrem may be a nice person but he is a heretic in the eyes of the Orthodox Church if he does not accept all Seven Ecumenical Councils.

Oh, it's GREAT to be back, isn't it?   Cheesy

Anyway, I wish I could ban this guy myself, but since that's not in my power now, I join everyone else in asking Anastasios to ban this moron.  

With my apologies for not being a nice, kind heretic,

Mor Ephrem

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

Mor Ephrem > Justin Kissel
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2002, 02:57:01 PM »

Hey everyone,

False Heterodox err I mean True Orthodox has been banned.

I wish they guy would understand that he has a better chance of converting me if he's nice to me!  Really!  I am open to becoming Orthodox (which is why I'm at St. Vlads and why I have this board) but I need to have some final questions answered and I need to be one with my wife in this decision (she's not ready yet!)  So give us a break!

In Christ,

anastasios

PS For anyone new to the board, if i would have said yes I am Orthodox, "True Orthodox"'s next question would have been "were you received by baptism" and if so, he would have proceeded to tell me to submit to baptism in evey post.  That's why he was banned before.

Please Buy My Book!

The young fogey
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2002, 03:19:00 PM »

Thanks a million, Dustin.

I still think that character was a troll alias and the same guy as Catholic First on yourcatholic.com.

Not to pry, but other than consensus with your wife, what issues regarding Orthodoxy are you still considering? You know me - I'm not badgering you to change your affiliaton.

Tags: True Orthodox Troll 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: