OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 11:46:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the United States  (Read 427 times) Average Rating: 0
NMHS
Site Supporter

Jurisdiction: UOC

« on: July 25, 2010, 02:05:08 PM »

Folks,

Over the course of my interest in Orthodoxy I have been corresponding with a Priest from the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of America and I have been reading some articles and forum post that has me slightly confused.  Is this jurisdiction in communion with the wordly Orthodox Church?  I have read the history on their website but I am still slightly confused as it seems some say they are in communion and some say they are not. Can someone elaborate for me.  Thanks, Caleb
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 02:10:31 PM »

Folks,

Over the course of my interest in Orthodoxy I have been corresponding with a Priest from the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of America and I have been reading some articles and forum post that has me slightly confused.  Is this jurisdiction in communion with the wordly Orthodox Church?  I have read the history on their website but I am still slightly confused as it seems some say they are in communion and some say they are not. Can someone elaborate for me.  Thanks, Caleb

This is the canonical Ukrainian Church in the US: http://uocofusa.org/

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 02:13:07 PM »

Ask that Priest who his Bishop is. If he names someone that is not Metroplitan Constantine, Archbishop Anthony or Bishop Daniel (Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA Hierarchs) they would be out. There can be a possibility that they are under canonical UOC USA and are simply named strangely but IMO there is a 95% possibility that they are not.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 02:15:20 PM by mike » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
NMHS
Site Supporter

Jurisdiction: UOC

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 02:22:52 PM »

They are serving under Metropolitan Constantine and and Bishop Daniel.  Thanks,
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: