OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 03:10:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodoxy in Poland  (Read 3375 times) Average Rating: 0
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: July 23, 2010, 08:28:24 AM »

I would LOVE to know more about Orthodoxy in Poland.  I can read a little Polish.  the only Polish I know by heart is the Zdrowaś Maryjo and Ojcze nasz (Hail Mary and Our Father) which my grandmother taught me when I was very little.  are there any good books I can buy about Orthodoxy in Poland?  are there any hymns that are originally Polish that are used in the Church?

dzienkuje! Wink

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 11:06:35 AM »

The first book that comes to my mind is Prawosławie w Polsce. The Polish orthodox Church.. It's the bilingual album that generally describes Orthodoxy in Poland, history and presence. The problem is that it's rather expensive (22$) and I have no idea about the shipment cost from Poland to the USA. Maybe you should ask someone that will be visiting Poland to buy it for you via the Internet shop I posted a link to or it can be found in some Church bookstores. I can't recall anything more in English (apart from a few websites).

Polish culture is hardly preset in the live of Polish Orthodox Church because the vast majority of the members of the Polish Orthodox Church have East Slavic roots and ethnic Poles (like our poster Michał) are in minority. I don't know about any Polish hymns used in Churches and I doubt that apart from the Christmass carols there are any.

I am ready to ask all your questions about the Orthodoxy in Poland but I'd love your questions be more detailed. It's very hard to write something general.

BTW it should be written 'dziękuję'.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:34:17 PM by mike » Logged
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 12:59:03 AM »

I would LOVE to know more about Orthodoxy in Poland.  I can read a little Polish.  the only Polish I know by heart is the Zdrowaś Maryjo and Ojcze nasz (Hail Mary and Our Father) which my grandmother taught me when I was very little.  are there any good books I can buy about Orthodoxy in Poland?  are there any hymns that are originally Polish that are used in the Church?

dziękuję! Wink

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 04:56:28 PM »

I found this interesting video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVrGT2eZ3No

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 05:02:19 PM »

I found this interesting video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVrGT2eZ3No

You've found my Parish Priest!
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 07:31:13 PM »

really?!  how interesting!  do you live in the USA?  are there Polish Orthodox Churches in the United States?

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 02:03:01 AM »

No, but my Parish Priest is the one in the video.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 09:30:28 AM »

Antoni Mironowicz - The Orthodox Church in Poland

http://www.slonko.com.pl/the-orthodox-church-in-poland.html
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 05:32:30 PM »

http://wkopcha.wordpress.com/2013/08/23/do-zobaczenia-polska/

Nice one blog post concerning some issues of the Orthodoxy in Poland. It's in English BTW.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 05:34:37 PM by Michał Kalina » Logged
Tags: Poland Polish Orthodoxy Polish Polish Orthodox Church 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: