OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 09:38:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Divna Ljubojevic  (Read 2876 times) Average Rating: 0
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: July 22, 2010, 02:39:33 AM »

can anyone tell me a bit about the group Divna Ljubojevic?  I hear their songs allover, and just love them.  I think I'll but one of their CD's.

can anyone tell me which CD this song is on:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQs0MUuJKKI&feature=related

thanks!

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Bulgarian Diocese

St. Marina of Antioch

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 07:45:45 AM »

Divna Ljubojevic is a Serbian singer.  What I've heard from her primarily is Byzantine chant.  I recently purchased a CD, "The Glory of Byzantium" which features Divna and the Byzantine Choir of Greece.  Beautiful.   

http://www.amazon.com/Glory-Byzantium-Lycourgos-Angelopoulos/dp/B000ENC75E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1279798624&sr=1-1

“When I have a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.” - Erasmus

"God became man so that man might become a god." ~St. Athanasius the Great

Poster formerly known as EVOO.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 09:15:46 AM »

To save Money ,Just Down Load The Free version Of the Internet Radio recorder Mp3 my Mp3 recorder ,it records what ever plays thru your sound card on your computer...it records in mp3 or wave files very good recorder.....

You have to set computer sound card  and the recorder  to stereo mix or something similar so it records sounds from your computer.... Grin
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 09:19:52 AM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 09:41:15 AM »

Divna Ljubojevic is the singer and the name of her choir is Melodi. The recording "Agni Parthene" comes from an album simply titled "Melodi." I couldn't find anywhere to purchase it, but I have the MP3 files if you want them.
Two other excellent albums I've heard from Divna are Živonosni istočnik (released as Mysteres Byzantins in the West)  and  Slavoslovije (Doxology).

I put together this video for the Resurrectional Evlogitaria, which is from her Slavoslovije album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9aFb7iOTtI

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
PrincessMommy
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox

OCA

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 10:53:40 AM »

I love her voice.  She also has some nice stuff on youtube to sample.  I also have "The Glories of Byzantium" and enjoy listening to it via my iPod.
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 02:57:43 PM »

Divna Ljubojevic is the singer and the name of her choir is Melodi. The recording "Agni Parthene" comes from an album simply titled "Melodi." I couldn't find anywhere to purchase it, but I have the MP3 files if you want them.
Two other excellent albums I've heard from Divna are Živonosni istočnik (released as Mysteres Byzantins in the West)  and  Slavoslovije (Doxology).

I put together this video for the Resurrectional Evlogitaria, which is from her Slavoslovije album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9aFb7iOTtI

wow, that's wonderful!  it's one of my favorite hymns!

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
kansas city

Jurisdiction: Serbian

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 03:01:00 PM »

To save Money ,Just Down Load The Free version Of the Internet Radio recorder Mp3 my Mp3 recorder ,it records what ever plays thru your sound card on your computer...it records in mp3 or wave files very good recorder.....

You have to set computer sound card  and the recorder  to stereo mix or something similar so it records sounds from your computer.... Grin

wow. wee.
LoversOfTruth

Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 03:07:55 PM »

Little information,for those who for the first time listen Divna Ljubojević (Her name Divna on english mean "wonderful")

http://www.myspace.com/divnaljubojevic

http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=7679975835

Born in Belgrade in 1970, Divna Ljubojevic is now in charge of the “Melodi Ensemble”. She studied at Mokranjac’s Music School in Belgrade and received her degree from Novi Sad’s Academy of Music. Early on, she sang with the Vavedenje’s Monastery choir, where, with the help of its community, she received her vocal training. They were people that painstakingly cherished a musical style that originated from the Karlovatz chants as well as Russian and Byzantine traditional songs.

In 1988, she started conducting the Mokranjac Choir, with which she often played in many countries, including her own; in particular, the first Easter liturgy performed below Saint Sava’s church in Vratchar. Between 1989 and 1991, she conducted the "Première Société Chorale de Belgrade". She then became the youngest conductor for this organization, founded in 1853. She gave amazing performances with this ensemble, especially in Greece, at the Sacred Music Festival from Delphe, Kardica and Kefalonia.

As a teacher (choir music and solfeggio), Divna Ljubojevic won many music school competitions. She also taught choir music at Amilly’s Musical Academy (France), Netherlands and England. Her education is testimonial to her capacities at assuming soprano solo roles within baroque, spiritual or renaissance operas. With ease, she lends her voice to any type of lyrical repertoire.

MELODI ENSEMBLE

Today, most of her time is spent surrounding “Melodi Ensemble’s” artistic activities which she founded with friends in 1991. This ensemble dedicates itself to the sacred, spiritual, ancient and contemporary works. “Melodi” interprets the poems and chants in Italian, French and English, and Baroque opera excerpts from Purcell and Caccini. The group collaborated with opera soloists from Bazel, England, Italy and also with England’s Spezzatura Ensemble.

Since its debut under Edition Jade / Warner Music in 2003 , "Divna & Melodi” gave performances in every European and French festivals like "Théatre de la Ville de Paris” “Folles Journée”, “ Festival Ile de France “, “La Vezere “, “ Les Orientales “, “Auvers sur l’Oise “, “Abbey Royale de Fontevraud “, “ Festival de Dijon “, “ Voix Melee “, “ Stimenn Voices “, “ Festival Stemmen “, “ Festival Territorios de Sevilla “, “ Festival de Pâques “, “ Viox Sacrées du Monde “, “ Musiche dal Mondo “, “Abbey de Bomont “, “ Festival Musicat “ and many more.

Patient endurance is the fruit of love, for 'love patiently endures all things' (I Cor. 13:7), and teaches us to achieve such endurance by forcing ourselves so that through patience we may attain love - -St. Gregory Palamas
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 03:09:28 PM »

You have to set computer sound card  and the recorder  to stereo mix or something similar so it records sounds from your computer.... Grin

wow. wee.

Is this wow wee, a Good or bad wow wee... Since the u-tube videos are downloadable, if one doesn't want the video but just the sound track go for the recorder.... Grin
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 03:27:15 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
LoversOfTruth

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 03:35:18 PM »

I have good download links for Divna.

NOTICE : If you like this music,by cd`s...or whatever,blablablalalalala  Cheesy

http://www.zona-musical.com/postt120634.html

God`s grace!

Patient endurance is the fruit of love, for 'love patiently endures all things' (I Cor. 13:7), and teaches us to achieve such endurance by forcing ourselves so that through patience we may attain love - -St. Gregory Palamas
kansas city

Jurisdiction: Serbian

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »

yeah i meant that is amazing.  I'm about to ransack the internet.
LoversOfTruth

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 03:44:52 PM »

No,he will ransack you.And he do it well,he steal your time Wink

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 05:36:15 PM »

Dobro sto sam mogao da pomognem nekome.... Grin

It's great to of been able to help someone..... Grin

Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 06:00:37 PM »

Dobro sto sam mogao da pomognem nekome.... Grin

It's great to of been able to help someone..... Grin
it's great on my end, aswell!  thanks, all!  pretty much all of the "foreign" music in my town is mariachi music.  I can, though, special order it at a WONDERFUL local record shop.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: