OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 22, 2014, 10:38:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE ETHIOPIAN CREED  (Read 4773 times) Average Rating: 0
Enoch

Faith: Ethiopia: The Kingdom of God
Jurisdiction: Tewahedo

« on: July 21, 2010, 04:56:44 PM »

THE ETHIOPIAN CREED

We Ethiopians believe in One God, God the Father, Almighty who possesses all,
Maker of the Heavens and Earth, the visible and the invisible. 

We believe in God the Son, Jesus Christ, One Lord, the only begotten Son of the
Father, who was with Him before the creation of the world.  He is Light from Light, True
God from True God, begotten not made, and, in His Divine Essence, one with His Father.
All things were made by Him, and without Him nothing whatsoever was made, in
Heavens or on Earth. 

He came down from Heavens for our sake, for the sake of  humanity, for our
salvation. He was Incarnate in the womb of the Virgin Mary by the Divine Work of the
Holy Spirit, and, acquiring the human soul and the human flesh from Her, became the
Perfect Man. 

In the days of Pontius Pilate, He suffered, was crucified, died and was buried for
our sake.  And He rose from the dead on the third day, ascended in glory into Heaven and
sat on His Throne at the right-hand of His Father.   
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead.  There is no end to
His Kingdom.

We believe in God the Holy Spirit.  He is the life-giving Spirit who proceeds from
God the Father, spoke through the Prophets, and, by the atonement of Jesus Christ,
descended upon the Apostles and filled the world with His Grace. We worship and
glorify Him with the Father and the Son.

We believe in the One Church of The Holy Covenant that was founded by the
Word of God, Jesus Christ, initially in the Hearts of the Patriarchs, and later sustained by
His Divine Messages through the Prophets, and finally brought to perfection through the
Holy Spirit by His convocation of the Apostles, and where His Body and Blood is offered
as Sacrifice for the Holy Communion with God, and where the Sacramental Blessings of
the Holy Spirit are bestowed upon and communicated to all believers. 

We believe in One Baptism for the remission of sins. 

We believe in the Resurrection from the dead and the Life to come, world without end.
Amen.

Source: http://ethkogserv.org/faith_.htm

Ethiopia Stretches Out Her Hands Unto God.   Ps. 67(68):31
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 05:21:45 PM »

Welcome to the forum!   Smiley

serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 05:33:50 PM »

Thank you for sharing this!!!! 

Do you happen to have other information in engish?  like the wedding service or the baqtism service?

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Antonious Nikolas
Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
Warned
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 08:14:58 PM »

Welcome to the forum! Smiley

“Nothing is better than to realize one’s weakness and ignorance and nothing is worse than not to be aware of them.” - St. Peter of Damascus
Elijah
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Tewahedo

God is love; be faithful un to death.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 10:46:39 AM »

Is this website run by Ethiopians or folks who wanted to look like Ethiopians?

Holy Mary, You are the ladder of life. St. Yared
My sons/daughters, come and I will teach you the fear of God. Christ is light.
He watches everything high; He is the king  even over those in the water. Eyob 41:25
Father Peter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 11:30:37 AM »

I find much of the content on this website, especially in the Q&A section very confusing and even troubling. There is more mention of Melchizedek which is now beginning to be rather an indicator to me of some odd views.

Can a member of the canonical EOTC take a look at the site.

Father Peter

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
Robert W
Self-appointed forum herald
Elder

Jurisdiction: Finland

Love is no feeling

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 12:27:56 PM »

Welcome Enoch!
Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 02:56:47 PM »

The website doesn't look like it is connected to a church.  Maybe Enoch can give us some information on it, if he's really familiar with the site.

Enoch

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 05:35:54 PM »

I find much of the content on this website, especially in the Q&A section very confusing and even troubling. There is more mention of Melchizedek which is now beginning to be rather an indicator to me of some odd views.

Father Peter

First of all May God bless for all warm greetings from everyone.   To your question, to learn more about that
website I want to check out the following link.  If you have any particular question free free  to ask.  Thanks

http://ethkogserv.org/about%20us.htm

THE TESTIMONIAL OF THE ETHIOPIANS ON THE HOLY COVENANT   

We Ethiopians believe in our Ethiopianhood of the Holy Covenant that embodied and
conserved the Seven Divine Covenants the Lord granted to humanity. 
Our God, in the Era of the Genesis, founded the Ethiopian Entity on the Covenant of the
Soul, through the Matrimony of Adam and Eve.

Then in the Patriarchal period, He raised it, through Noah's Rainbow, Melchizedek's
Offering and Abraham's Circumcision, to the next stage of its eschatological growth. 
In the transitional Era of the Old Testament, He structured it, through Mose's Ark and
David's Throne, to the finishing level that caused to bring about, under the Covenant of the Law,
the genealogical union of the Ethiopian Queen Makkedda and  the Israelite King Solomon.
Finally, in the Era of the Everlasting Life, He brought it to completion with the Sacrificial
Body and Blood of His Son Jesus Christ, born of the Virgin Mary, who is the pure seed
descended from that preordained genealogical union, thus culminating the Ethiopian Entity with
the Eternal Crown of the Covenant of the Holy Spirit.   

We believe that Ethiopia, as such, represents the Kingdom of God on Earth constituting
the three Houses of the People, of the Administration and of the Priesthood achieved through
such progressive development in Her uninterrupted existence under the protection and guidance
of the Holy Covenant. 

We believe that Jesus Christ who is the Son of God and in the name of whom we are
called Christians and who is born of the seed that sprung from Shem, Ham and Japhet, in the
Ethiopian image of nationhood, ordination and kingship of His precursor, Melchizedek, is our
Eternal Priest and King. 

We believe that the Mother of God, the Virgin Mary, who is the True Mother of the
Living and the Eternal Ark of the Covenant, is the personification of Ethiopia, our Queen in
Heavens and on Earth and in whose name we are called Ethiopians. 

We believe that the tri-coloured banner of Green, Yellow and Red, symbolizing the sign
of the Rainbow, is our Eternal National Flag entrusted to us by God through Noah. 
We believe that the Divine Word of “the Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah” is
ascribed to Jesus Christ who is the ultimate manifestation of the Holy Covenant, and the
Prophetic Word of “Ethiopia Stretches out Her Hands to God” is attributed to the
Virgin Mary, and that both Words of the Holy Spirit are our Eternal Divine Seal we
received from Our God as a Nation of The Holy Covenant.         

We believe that  our spiritual birth from God, through the Grace of the Holy Baptism of
The Covenant, entitled us to be heirs and servants of the Kingdom of God.   
We believe that, in order for us to maintain such Divine birthright privilege, to confirm
our inheritance of God's Kingdom and to continue rendering our pertinent services, it is our
constant commitment to absolve our sins through incessant repentance and partake the Holy
Communion of Our Lord Jesus Christ. 

We believe that the genuine manifestation and the distinctive identification of our Faith
in the Ethiopianhood of The Holy Covenant are best demonstrated by the typical Ethiopian deed
that we perform in consideration and reflection of our love for both Jesus Christ and the Virgin
Mary. 

We believe that it is our God who, in accordance with His Word of The Covenant,
inscribed in our hearts, taught us and made us to preserve in our lives this Ethiopianhood,
which is the embodiment of the Holy Covenant.  Amen.

Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 05:46:14 PM »

Enoch,

In your profile, you identify yourself as Tewahedo.  However, I get the feeling that the above information is not a teaching of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church.  Can you clarify a little bit more?

Also, can some of our Ethiopian Orthodox posters please comment on this?

deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 06:25:40 PM »

It would seem at the very least that there is a heterodox ethno-phyletist identification of the Kingdom of God particularly with Ethiopia rather than generally with the Oriental Orthodox Church.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Enoch

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 10:55:00 PM »

Enoch,

In your profile, you identify yourself as Tewahedo.  However, I get the feeling that the above information is not a teaching of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church.  Can you clarify a little bit more?

True Tewahedo Church of Ethiopia: The Kingdom of God, whose age of existence spans the past seven and half millennium of years, and not of and for the one that calls itself the Ethiopian Orthodox Church that accepted the claim of the Egyptian (Coptic) Orthodox Church to have been established by the latter as its diocese or branch church in Ethiopia in the fourth century A. D.

Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 11:39:47 PM »

I looked at the site and had similar questions. There is no mention of the word "Orthodox" on there. However, I didn't see anything that seemed to contradict the Teachings of our Faith. But I am troubled by it. I do know that the founder of the site is extremely critical of His Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I, but that doesn't necessarily discredit him or his theology.

But I am wondering, for example, why the "Ethiopian Creed," when we Ethiopian Orthodox Christians wholly confess the Nicean and Apostles' Creed? I found nothing in the Ethiopian Creed that contradicts the Apostles' Creed, but it just seems a bit superfluous to me. Something is a bit off, I do suspect.

I do hope brothers HaileAmanuel and Hiywot can help us out here.

Selam
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 11:40:40 PM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

"If we are unwilling to accept any truth that we have not first discovered and declared ourselves, we demonstrate that we are interested not in the truth so much as in being right." ~ Thomas Merton ~
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 12:12:07 AM »

Enoch,

True Tewahedo Church of Ethiopia: The Kingdom of God, whose age of existence spans the past seven and half millennium of years, and not of and for the one that calls itself the Ethiopian Orthodox Church that accepted the claim of the Egyptian (Coptic) Orthodox Church to have been established by the latter as its diocese or branch church in Ethiopia in the fourth century A. D.

So you're talking about something distinct from the mainstream jurisdiction called the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church under Patriarch Abune Paulos, then?

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Elijah
Elder

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 10:37:27 AM »

Father Peter
Thank you, Father peter; I will take a look at it.

He watches everything high; He is the king  even over those in the water. Eyob 41:25
Hiywot

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahido

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 10:43:10 AM »

Selam

I have visited the website and learnt that this organization teaches that:

Ethiopianism/Ethiopianhood is a religion
EOTC is not a correct name and there cannot be any Church in Ethiopia, other than The “Church of Ethiopia” led by this organization
We need a modified creed
The word orthodox is not Ethiopian and does not apply to the faith of Ethiopia or her people
Our church dates back to Adam and Eve 7500 years ago
Ethiopia is the Kingdom of Heaven
Coptic Church is not the Mother Church of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahido Church
Ethiopia: The Kingdom of God, is of, by and from God. But, we are neither "Orthodox", nor "Coptic"
We don't need to confess to a priest, because all of the priests are apostates
The Virgin Mary Holy Mother of God is "Ethiopia", and as such, of Her Son The Incarnate God Jesus Christ is an "Ethiopian"
The Tewahido doctrine is based on and originated from the prehistoric religious faith of Adam and Eve
Etc. etc.

These are not the teachings of the EOTC. Therefore, I am of the idea that any discussion or debate should not confuse the teachings of this organization to that of the EOTC.

Hiywot
jnorm888
Jnorm
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Icon and Cross (international space station)

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 10:56:15 AM »

Selam

EOTC is not a correct name and there cannot be any Church in Ethiopia, other than The “Church of Ethiopia” led by this organization
We need a modified creed
The word orthodox is not Ethiopian and does not apply to the faith of Ethiopia or her people
Coptic Church is not the Mother Church of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahido Church
Ethiopia: The Kingdom of God, is of, by and from God. But, we are neither "Orthodox", nor "Coptic"
The Virgin Mary Holy Mother of God is "Ethiopia", and as such, of Her Son The Incarnate God Jesus Christ is an "Ethiopian"
The Tewahido doctrine is based on and originated from the prehistoric religious faith of Adam and Eve
Etc. etc.

These are not the teachings of the EOTC. Therefore, I am of the idea that any discussion or debate should not confuse the teachings of this organization to that of the EOTC.

Hiywot

I wonder if they were influenced by some form of protestant restorationism? I ran into some Pentecostal Ethiopians at a wedding in Virginia. But they were nothing like this. Hmm, I wonder if Enock can tell us more about the real immediate history of his group.

ICXC NIKA
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:57:05 AM by jnorm888 » Logged

"loving one's enemies does not mean loving wickedness, ungodliness, adultery, or theft. Rather, it means loving the theif, the ungodly, and the adulterer." Clement of Alexandria 195 A.D.

http://ancientchristiandefender.blogspot.com/
Antonious Nikolas
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 12:06:04 PM »

Selam

We need a modified creed
Etc. etc.

Hiywot

“Nothing is better than to realize one’s weakness and ignorance and nothing is worse than not to be aware of them.” - St. Peter of Damascus
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2010, 01:28:10 AM »

Selam

We need a modified creed
Etc. etc.

Hiywot

I was already expecting such.  laugh

HaileAmanuel
HaileAmanuel [Amanuel is my Power]

Faith: Coptic/Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahido Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahido/Non-Chalcedonian

He that is greatest among you will be your servant

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2010, 02:35:02 AM »

This person, his heresies, chicaneries and falsifications were challenged/refuted on a certain yahoogroup. Of course, he shamefully couldn't answer questions rationally and became angry; losing commitment to any type of dialogue. Now, if he continues on here, he'll be in for it and lose all of his followers (if he has any). 

Enoch, come here to learn, not teach if it concerns your heresy (forgive me members).

Sincerely!

haile amanuel

'He who is greatest among you, will be your servant [St. Matthew 23:11].'
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2010, 03:29:10 AM »

This person, his heresies, chicaneries and falsifications were challenged/refuted on a certain yahoogroup. Of course, he shamefully couldn't answer questions rationally and became angry; losing commitment to any type of dialogue. Now, if he continues on here, he'll be in for it and lose all of his followers (if he has any). 

Enoch, come here to learn, not teach if it concerns your heresy (forgive me members).

Sincerely!

haile amanuel

Thank you brother.

Selam

"If we are unwilling to accept any truth that we have not first discovered and declared ourselves, we demonstrate that we are interested not in the truth so much as in being right." ~ Thomas Merton ~
Enoch

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 09:25:18 AM »

Sincerely!

haile amanuel

Thank you brother.

Selam

What heresies your talking about Brother?  Did you guys find any wrong in our creed?  If you have any particular question I would answer it as much I can in the help of God.

PRAYER OF THE ETHIOPIANS IN GLORIFICATION OF THE LORD

Our Father God! We thank You, and glorify You for the prayer which Your Son
Jesus Christ taught us to say, “Our Father who art in Heaven, Hallowed be Your Name.
Your Kingdom come. Your Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our
daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into
temptation; but deliver us from the evil one. For, Yours is The Kingdom, and The Power,
and The Glory, forever. Amen. ” and, through His atonement, for the answer You gave us
to our supplication in that prayer.   

You provided us with everything that pertains to our spiritual and material needs
for the body as well as for the soul. Your generosity for us is bountiful; Your mercy,
complete; Your love, perfect, and Your grace, overflowing.

Through the salvation of Your Son, born of the Holy Virgin Mary, the Grace of
the Holy Spirit descended over and filled the whole world. Thus, today You reside not
only in Heavens, but on Earth as well.  Your Name is hallowed also on Earth. Your will
that is done in Heavens is done also on Earth. Your Kingdom has come and is revealed
on Earth. 

By Your endowment of Nature, We recognized that You have arranged for our
daily bread and for the entire life-long provisions of our bodily needs. 

You gave us, on daily basis, the Holy Sacrament of the Body and Blood of Your
Son as nourishment for our Soul, and as an assurance for our salvation and eternal life. 
Through the same Sacrament, You exonerated us completely from our sins and iniquities
once for all, and empowered us to forgive the debts of our debtors.

For us to be Your Children, You granted us the exaltation of the spiritual birth of
Baptism and the Sacrament of the Grace of Penance. You led us out of every temptation,
delivered us from evil, and overthrew the powers of the Devil and Death that dominated
our lives.  Finally, You ordained for us the honour and the privilege to live in the Rapture
of Your Resurrection.   

O Lord!  We are always grateful to You for Your inexpressible generosity, mercy,
love and grace, as well as for all our needs that You provided us before we even ask You.   
We wait for the time You promised us to come, when Your Kingdom of Truth, in
which we are now blessed to live, under the Kingship of Jesus Christ, “The Conquering
Lion of the Tribe of Judah
”, will prevail and destroy Evil, Sin and Death completely.
Yes, we wait for the day when It actually reveals Itself to the material world and
universally reigns over the whole realms of Creation. 

Power, Glory and Kingdom are Yours, today as ever and forever, world without
end. Amen.

Enoch

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 11:51:30 AM »

According to our Ethiopian Tradition, Melke-Zedeq and N'guse-Salem are dual TITLES each with two combined Ge'ez words whose meaning is: The True King or The Righteous King, and King of Peace or The King of Jerusalem, bestowed upon the Priest of God whose name was "Ethiopis", our First Atsie, i.e. Elect of God, from whose name the designation of "Ethiopia" and Ethiopian" derived. (Ge'ez, claimed to be the dialect of Adam and Eve, is our original and primordial, classical and liturgical language still effectively in use by Ethiopians.)

The Three distinguished Melke-Zedeqs mentioned in the Ethiopian Tradition and in Scriptures are:
The First One was the contemporary of Noah from whom he, i.e., the First Melke-Zedeq inherited personally the Sacred Heritage of the Holy Covenants that Adam and Eve as well as that which Noah himself had made with God, and who became the first Ethiopian custodian of the same, and the Founder and Sovereign of the City of Jerusalem;
The Intermediate One was the contemporary of Abraham by whom the latter (Abraham) was blessed;
And The Last and The Eternal one was Our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, whose predecessors including the above two were all about whom the Psalmist of Ps. 110 and the Writer of the Epistle to the Hebrews chapters 5-7 related.

It is narrated in the Bible that the three sons of Noah: Shem, Ham and Japheth along with their respective offspring partitioned the Earth, separated themselves from each other and were dispersed throughout its expanses. This process developed to such an extent that it finally culminated in classifying each one of the three sons of Noah, as the ancestor and father of the branch of humanity whose descendants, in their racial identity and skin colour, became to be known: those of Shem, as Semites and "Reds" or "Yellows", those of Ham, as Hamites and "Blacks", and those of Japheth, as Japhetites and "Whites" respectively. (Gen. 10)

While this reality still remains the actual state of affairs of human experiences even today, the Divine Will to preserve the unity of humanity and the assurance of its continuity after Noah was effected by the birth of Ethiopis from the fusion of the selected seeds of the three races through intermarriages of the same. With the nucleus seed of the offspring of Ham united with the seeds of the offspring of Shem and Japheth produced "Ethiopis", the First Melke-Zedeq.

Here is the elaborate line and link of the tripartite racial union brought about through the intermarriage that had begotten the unique person named Ethiopis who was destined to be the precursor of Our Lord Jesus Christ, possessing the Three Graces God bestowed upon human beings He created in His Image: Divine Birth, Priesthood and Kingship: On the first lineage, one of the elder sons of Ham married one of the elder daughters of Shem, and begot sons and daughters. On the second lineage, one of the younger sons of Ham married one of the daughters of Japheth, and begot sons and daughters. On the third lineage, the eldest grand son of Ham and Shem married the eldest grand daughter of Ham and Japheth and begot a son. And that son who was begotten from these grand children of two quarters of the seed of Ham, and one quarter of that of Shem and of that of Japheth each, is Ethiopis, the First Melke-Zedeq.

Let us all pray for the inspiration and guidance of the Holy Spirit in all our individual lives, professions and ventures.

N'bure-Id Ermias Kebbede Welde-Yesus,
Servant of Ethiopia: The Kingdom of God.

source:  http://ethkogserv.org

Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 12:09:43 PM »

The above post was split off from here:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,6963.new.html#new
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 12:15:10 PM by Salpy » Logged

deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2010, 11:55:31 PM »

What heresies your talking about Brother?

I already named one of them: ethno-phyletism.

Elijah
Elder

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 12:34:25 PM »

Selam

We need a modified creed
Etc. etc.

Hiywot

I am reading the website and I was not able to read such things from the website. Can you provide us a link for your post?

Hiywot

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 03:27:25 AM »

Elijah

You don't find them listed in one place or in one link. Please go back and read very well.

Hiywot
Enoch

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 01:28:36 PM »

Selam

We need a modified creed
Etc. etc.

Hiywot

Ethiopianness / Ethiopiawinnet: When Myth Becomes Reality

Ask: Could Ethiopia serve as the birthplace of a new theological age? The location where
the physical and spiritual meet? The mystical beliefs of Ethiopiawinnet (Ethiopian Identity),
described as Ethiopianness by non-Ethiopians, are widely unheard of and misunderstood.
Now revived through science, this evolving legend could change the way hundreds of
millions of people perceive this ancient African country and revive their faith in God.

Ethiopia: The Garden of Eden  

Ethiopia is mentioned as being near or surrounding the Garden of Eden in Genesis 2:13
And the name of the second river is Gihon, the same [is] it that compasseth the whole
land of Ethiopia.  Since 1974 Paleontologists have excavated six million years of life and
conclude that Ethiopia is the scientific location of human origin, true Garden of Eden.

Ethiopia: Sanctuary to Moses

The Bible asserts in Exodus 2:16-22 and Numbers 12:1, and Hebrew legend suggests that
Moses first fled to Ethiopia where he found his Ethiopian wife. Moses would free the
Israelites from slavery but would never go onto Canaan because of a disagreement between
him and the high priests with regard to his becoming an Ethiopian and remaining on the
African continent.  

Ethiopia: The purest Jews of All  

Ethiopians, from the beginning of their existence, worshipped the Biblical God. Then,
consistent with the Divine Will and Plan, they adapted and practiced Judaism easily and
conveniently after the advent of the Ark of the Covenant into their land for their custody.
As such, they continued to identify themselves as Bete-Israel or the True Israelites. They
confirmed their stature when the majority of the population accepted Christianity, as
related in Acts 8:26-39. The minority who chose to remain attached to Judaism came to be
known as "Felashas", referred to by the West as "Black Jews of Ethiopia".  
Isolated from the rest of the community, this faction turned out to be the most unique of
all the world's Jewry. They avoided slavery and, around the tenth century A.D., surprisingly
and violently usurped power and ruled the country -the second largest Jewish empire
outside of Jerusalem- for a period of 40 years headed by a queen known popularly in
Ethiopia by the name of "Gudith". Because they retained practices other world Jewry
abandoned, it is compelling to give merit to the claim that they may be the purest of all
Jews.  

Ethiopia: Location of the Ten Commandments

According to Ethiopian tradition, Menelik, son of King Solomon and Queen Makeda
(Queen of Sheba) together with the first-born sons and daughters of the Israelites, under
the will and guidance of God, brought the Ark of the Covenant containing the Ten
Commandments to Ethiopia where it rested and worshipped, initially on an island of Lake
Tana, the source of the Gihon (Blue Nile) and finally in Axum.    

Ethiopia: The Solomonic Dynasty

Although some foreigners dispute, it is only in Ethiopia where its kings and queens
officially and historically trace their origin to the Old Testament through the courtship of
King Solomon and Queen Makkeda (Queen of Sheba), shifting the Zion from Canaan to
Ethiopia, and continuing the seed of King David until the birth of Jesus Christ from the
Virgin Mary.  
This was the crucial turning point in the Divine Plan. For, the entitlement and legitimacy
of succession for the eligible Ethiopian to be anointed for the Throne of David as Elect of
God switched from the dynastic line of physical birth to that of the spiritual birth from
God through the Christian Sacrament of Baptism, as clearly stipulated in John 1:12-13.      

Ethiopia: Christianity

Ethiopian Christianity is considered the oldest in the world, observing many Jewish
practices other Christians abandoned, and embracing a deep belief in animist spiritualism,
regarded by some as the most authentic form of Christianity to exist.

Ethiopia: Refuge of the Muslims

The earliest Muslims escaped persecution in Arabia coming to Ethiopia where the Axumite
Christian Atsie (Elect of God to lead the people, the state and Church) provided them with
sanctuary to practice their Islamic beliefs. Mohammad hailed the Ethiopians as the most
tolerant, and warned his followers never to bring harm against these people.  
Many pre-Islamic practices of the Muslims are believed to have actually come out of
Ethiopia through the Sabeans (Yemenites and tribes inhabiting the coastal region of the
Arabian peninsula on the Red Sea side).  

Ethiopia: Divinely protected

Located in one of the most hostile regions in human history, Ethiopia maintains an
honourable record repelling Egyptian, Persian, Roman, Arabian, Turkish and European
invasions and colonizations in its legendary 7502 years of history. Ethiopians believe
Ethiopia is divinely protected.

Ethiopia: The curse against those who intend to bring harm upon her

The Jewish prophet Moses and that of the Muslims Mohammad warned people against
bringing harm upon the Ethiopians. When Moses' sister condemned Moses for marrying
an Ethiopian wife, she was struck with leprosy. Bad luck has fallen on many of Ethiopia's
past invaders.

Ethiopia: Judges of Humanity

Jesus Christ said in Matthew 12:24 and Luke 11:31 that it would be Queen of Sheba and
her Lambs, the representatives of Ethiopia, that would judge humanity. In Revelations 5:1-
6 it describes that non-Ethiopians, would overlook the true nation, the Lion of Judah, and
its people, the great descendents of David, who would be worthy and became the Lambs.
But it details that when those non-Ethiopians finally see this truth, this nation would
appear “half dead,” brought on by the sin of man. Are the peoples of the world witnessing
this in today's Ethiopia?

Ethiopia: The Truth Presents itself?

The Day is near when the World Powers and the International Community would say: In
the name of Ethiopianness or Ethiopiawinnet, let us today embrace Ethiopia as the true
Garden of Eden, location of the Tree of Life, where original sin occurred, and where we
must go to seek redemption for our sins and those of our ancestors. Let us unite all nations
of the Earth and defeat the demonic forces plaguing the Garden and guarantee our names
in the Book of Life by fighting against the criminality and corruption in Ethiopia and
restore the reign of the Kingdom of God to these humble people.

+       +       +

For further reading, you link to our website of http://www.ethkogserv.org where our books and publications posted on our various forums of “Books”, “Faith”, “Q & A”, etc.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 01:38:34 PM by Enoch » Logged

Hiywot

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 05:08:39 AM »

Enoch,

We don’t need to learn Ethiopia’s greatness from your ethno-phyletic (as deusveritasest correctly told you) religion. The EOTC has been building the Ethiopian identity during the last millennia long, long, long before your heresy was created. When was your heresy created? I am sorry, I forgot that it was created yesterday by Nibure Id.

This is how you cheat your followers. First you let them feel “Great” by telling them Ethiopia’s greatness and then you let them drink your poison, “The new church of Ethiopia” philosophy.

Hiywot
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2010, 05:29:51 AM »

Enoch,

We don’t need to learn Ethiopia’s greatness from your ethno-phyletic (as deusveritasest correctly told you) religion. The EOTC has been building the Ethiopian identity during the last millennia long, long, long before your heresy was created. When was your heresy created? I am sorry, I forgot that it was created yesterday by Nibure Id.

This is how you cheat your followers. First you let them feel “Great” by telling them Ethiopia’s greatness and then you let them drink your poison, “The new church of Ethiopia” philosophy.

Hiywot

Thank you Hiywot!

I hope that all readers of this forum will please know that the Christian people and Christian Church of Ethiopia is in no way affiliated with this heretical group and its heretical teachings. Be careful, for much of it sounds good and seems compatible with Ethiopian Orthodox Teaching. But why are they not a part of the Orthodox Tewahedo Church? Why do they feel the need to profess "The Ethiopian Creed," when we have been professing the Nicean Creed for over 1500 years? The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church is the oldest Christian Church in the world (with the possible and respectful exception of the Armenian Church). So why the need for this new "Ethiopian" doctrine? Satan comes disguised as an angel of light, masking his lies in a facade of truth. I hope that those who read this thread will not be deceived.

Selam

Father Peter
Archon

Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 10:20:33 AM »

I find this the most disturbing section of the previous post...

Ethiopian Christianity is considered the oldest in the world, observing many Jewish practices other Christians abandoned, and embracing a deep belief in animist spiritualism, regarded by some as the most authentic form of Christianity to exist.

Father Peter

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
Antonious Nikolas
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2010, 11:41:29 AM »

What a shame.  There was a time when Ethiopia was renowned throughout the planet Earth as an Orthodox nation, ruled by a progressive Orthodox monarch.  The Orthodox Church was the Church of Ethiopia.  Now, since the time of that murderer Mengistu and the Derg, the Orthodox Church is fratured into at least three separate factions, the Pentes and the Muslims (two sides of the same anti-clerical, anti-sacramental coin) are growing and spreading like twin cancers, ancient churches, houses of God, are rented out as playgrounds for crappy Western "reality shows" and all sorts of malignant cults, like this one apparently, are muddying the waters as to what "Ethiopian Orthodoxy" actually is to the wider world.  I remember an Ethiopian debtera once telling me that Ethiopia had a special covenant with St. Mary, and was placed under her protection by her Holy Son, Our Lord and Savior.  Well, may the Blessed Virgin intercede for Ethiopia now.  Lord have mercy.  What a tribulation.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 11:42:51 AM by Antonious Nikolas » Logged

deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 05:51:33 PM »

The Orthodox Church was the Church of Ethiopia.

Seeing as how you are Coptic Orthodox and I have never seen you say anything that suggests ethno-phyletism, I don't really suspect you meant anything of that sort by this statement, however it does confuse me. Could you explain what you were meaning?

deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2010, 05:53:29 PM »

If anything, the 1965 Pan-Oriental Conference of Addis Ababa exemplifies the greatness of the EOTC in recent times, and at that the message behind that conference is quite the opposite of ethno-phyletism.  Undecided

Antonious Nikolas
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2010, 10:25:05 AM »

I don't see how anyone could take what I said to be a statement of phyletism.  Perhaps because of the context created by the original poster?  I never said that Orthodoxy was exclusively the province of the Ethiopians or anything of the sort.  What I meant by the line you quoted ("The Orthodox Church was the Church of Ethiopia.") was simply that Orthodoxy was the official state religion of Ethiopia, a land ruled by an Orthodox Emperor who governed the nation by Orthodox Christian principles and took the advise of the clergy into serious consideration when making decisions of national importance.  The Church was thorougly enfranchised and proselytism by the various heterodox bodies was all but forbidden.  This was a good thing.

Saying "To be Ethiopian (or Serbian, or Russian, or Albanian, or Coptic, et cetera, ad infinitum) is to be Orthodox" is not the same thing as saying "To be Orthodox is to be Ethiopian (or Serbian, or Russian, or Albanian, or Coptic, et cetera, ad infinitum)".  The former is, to my mind, not a statement of ecclesiastical racism, but a postive affirmation of the Faith, engendered by centuries of Muslims, atheistic communists, Western invaders, or whoever else, trying to beat the Faith out of us.  Finding, as I do, modern Western proselytism among the Orthodox to be a deplorable and disgusting thing, I have no problem with Orthodoxy being the official religion of a given state or people supported at the expense of imported heresies whose advocates are seeking to take advantage of the relatively impoverished and chaotic state of much of the Orthodox world.

Of course the 1965 conference was a wonderful thing and has a special place in my heart.  I wish we could have another one today to sort out all of the petty divisions currently plaguing our Communion.  The beautiful cultural mosaic that is Oriental Orthodoxy is antithetical to ethnophyletism of any sort.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 10:44:56 AM by Antonious Nikolas » Logged

Elijah
Elder

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2010, 10:34:28 AM »

I find this the most disturbing section of the previous post...

Ethiopian Christianity is considered the oldest in the world, observing many Jewish practices other Christians abandoned, and embracing a deep belief in animist spiritualism, regarded by some as the most authentic form of Christianity to exist.

Father Peter
Father Peter, excuse my ignorance; but what is animist spiritualism?

Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 10:54:12 AM »

I guess we need Enoch to tell us exactly what he means, but I think he means this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animism

It is quite disturbing that he is calling this authentic Christianity.

Elijah
Elder

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2010, 11:04:48 AM »

I guess we need Enoch to tell us exactly what he means, but I think he means this:

Thank you, Salpy.

Antonious Nikolas
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2010, 11:08:56 AM »

I guess, Salpy, he's so hung up on his concept of "Ethiopiawinnet" that he feels that anything Ethiopia has ever produced, including pre-Christian traditions, are worthy of incorporation into his ethnocentric concept of the "Christian" religion.  Like those moronic white supremacists who seem to straddle the fence between a fallacious "Nordic superman" Jesus (lol!) and the pagan/animist gods of the old Celtic and Germanic tribes.

ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2010, 11:16:50 AM »

IIRC the Orthodox walked out on the WCC meeting when some Korean Protestant made some similar statements.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2010, 06:12:24 PM »

I don't see how anyone could take what I said to be a statement of phyletism.

Like I said, knowing you (to some degree), I didn't. I knew it had to have some other meaning but I couldn't figure it out yet. The first apparent meaning was "the Orthodox Church was exemplified and primary manifest in the Church of Ethiopia", but it is clear that you actually meant "the EOTC was the official church of the state of Ethiopia".

The Church was thorougly enfranchised and proselytism by the various heterodox bodies was all but forbidden.  This was a good thing.

Finding, as I do, modern Western proselytism among the Orthodox to be a deplorable and disgusting thing, I have no problem with Orthodoxy being the official religion of a given state or people supported at the expense of imported heresies whose advocates are seeking to take advantage of the relatively impoverished and chaotic state of much of the Orthodox world.

Agreed! I have no problem with the historical Church-State synergy that is now so dreaded and reviled in the Western secular world.

I wish we could have another one today to sort out all of the petty divisions currently plaguing our Communion.

Yes, I definitely think there are a number of issues that would do well to be sorted out, even some issues that were touched upon in 1965 but still need more work.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 06:17:24 PM by deusveritasest » Logged

Andrew21091
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2010, 06:58:03 PM »

Ethiopian priestless Old Believers! Shocked
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2010, 06:59:24 PM »

Something like that. It would seem that there are number of similarities that can be drawn between the Russians and Ethiopians.

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2010, 07:18:56 PM »

I just wanted to clarify that Hiywot is not saying this himself, but was merely quoting the beliefs of this heretical group as they appear on their website. Hiywot is thoroughly Orthodox, and in no way subscribes to these heretical teachings.

Selam
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 07:20:06 PM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

Antonious Nikolas
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2010, 08:49:20 PM »

I don't see how anyone could take what I said to be a statement of phyletism.

Like I said, knowing you (to some degree), I didn't. I knew it had to have some other meaning but I couldn't figure it out yet. The first apparent meaning was "the Orthodox Church was exemplified and primary manifest in the Church of Ethiopia", but it is clear that you actually meant "the EOTC was the official church of the state of Ethiopia".

The Church was thorougly enfranchised and proselytism by the various heterodox bodies was all but forbidden.  This was a good thing.

Finding, as I do, modern Western proselytism among the Orthodox to be a deplorable and disgusting thing, I have no problem with Orthodoxy being the official religion of a given state or people supported at the expense of imported heresies whose advocates are seeking to take advantage of the relatively impoverished and chaotic state of much of the Orthodox world.

Agreed! I have no problem with the historical Church-State synergy that is now so dreaded and reviled in the Western secular world.

I wish we could have another one today to sort out all of the petty divisions currently plaguing our Communion.

Yes, I definitely think there are a number of issues that would do well to be sorted out, even some issues that were touched upon in 1965 but still need more work.

Kool and the gang, brother.  Here's hoping for another Addis!  Grin

Tags: heresy Ethiopian Orthodox Church 
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: