OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 05:38:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How's our Vicki doing?  (Read 1524 times) Average Rating: 0
Karamazov
Elder

« on: February 10, 2004, 07:15:59 PM »

Any updates, prayer requirements, or such? Huh
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 09:13:06 AM »

Sadly, I think Vicki has given up on us.

May God bless her and protect her always.

She is missed here.

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Karamazov
Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 10:10:31 AM »

Sadly, I think Vicki has given up on us.

Certainly hope not!:o

May God bless her and protect her always.

She is missed here.

Most agreed!  Prayers for Vicki.
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 06:04:25 PM »

vicki is still reachable by email and on IM, but she has abandoned this forum.  I for one still keep in contact with her, but I do miss her input on these boards.

"Where I live in Manhattan and where I work at ABC, people say 'conservative' the way people say 'child molester.' Leftist thinking is just the culture that I live in and the culture the reporters who populate the mainstream media
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 12:36:08 AM »

Yeah, and where have you been lately?

I thought maybe you had been crushed by an ice jam on the Monongahela.  Wink

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 01:08:26 AM »

Linus: I have been stymied by a hacker.  Things are fairly well cleaned up, but until they are totally cleaned up, I’m limiting online time.

"Where I live in Manhattan and where I work at ABC, people say 'conservative' the way people say 'child molester.' Leftist thinking is just the culture that I live in and the culture the reporters who populate the mainstream media
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 12:00:45 PM »

Well, you haven't missed much; not much fun, anyway.

- Pope St. Hormisdas
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2004, 02:27:01 PM »

Linus: I have noticed.  Seems to me like those who allowed others to pushed off the board should reevaluate their positions.  What good is a discussion board where everyone agrees all the time??  OC.net needs a couple of fundies to stimulate the conversation and get people - I know this will be shocking to some - THINKING!  You don’t have to like me, and I know several people here adamantly do NOT like me - their own loss - The cannot deny however that I at least get interesting conversations going . . . Case in point - the world view thread Smiley.  

Pax

Max

Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2004, 02:28:59 PM »

MAYBE if the right people asked her, and the right people apologized to her, she might be persuaded to come back to the boards . . . Smiley I know the chances are between slim and none because they do not feel that they did anything wrong, but one can hope, right? Cheesy

Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2004, 02:31:07 PM »

MAYBE if the right people asked her, and the right people apologized to her, she might be persuaded to come back to the boards . . . Smiley I know the chances are between slim and none because they do not feel that they did anything wrong, but one can hope, right? Cheesy

You got that right, my friend!  I sometimes think you have your head up your posterior (where I have mine 75% of the time!).  But you do definitely keep things interesting!  Glad to have you back!

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2004, 09:24:48 PM »

You are right Max.

I owe Vicki and you an apology. I should not have posted the thread venting my frustration over the posts. In hindsight, I should have handled things differently.  Embarrassed

I am truly sorry and I hope that she will consider returning to this board.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: