OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 07:26:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do I Create a Facebook Friends "List"?  (Read 944 times) Average Rating: 0
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« on: July 20, 2010, 03:18:03 AM »

I would like to alert all of my Facebook friends about my new Blog. How do I do this? Do I need to create a "List"? If so, how do I do this? Or is there another way to let everyone know?

Thanks.

Selam

"Beauty is truth, and Orthodoxy is beautiful." +GMK+
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 03:28:19 AM »

If you posted to it your wall they all know. Otherwise you can write a note and "share" it with everyone. You can also link your blog to your facebook so that every new entry is linked from your facebook page.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 04:20:45 AM »

If you posted to it your wall they all know. Otherwise you can write a note and "share" it with everyone. You can also link your blog to your facebook so that every new entry is linked from your facebook page.

Thanks Quinalt.

Do you mind explaining this part in more detail?

"You can also link your blog to your facebook so that every new entry is linked from your facebook page."

Selam

"Beauty is truth, and Orthodoxy is beautiful." +GMK+
PrincessMommy
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

OCA

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 07:23:03 AM »

I have a blog that I started before I joined FB.  You can either use the "link" button on your status update or if you have a blog entry you think other FB friends would be interested in specifically use the "link" button for that particular entry.   Does that make sense?

However, I have found that very few of my FB friends ever come over to my blog (except the ones who already visit my blog pre-FB days) when I link it so I stopped.  It's never hurts to try - perhaps you'll have better luck than me.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 07:24:40 AM by PrincessMommy » Logged
Basil 320
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of Pittsburgh

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 03:12:50 AM »

Why don't you write how to access your blog on the "OrthodoxChristianity.net" facebook wall.  Likewise, here, why don't you give us the link?

"...Strengthen the Orthodox Community..."
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 03:19:15 AM »

The link is in his signature already.
macj8899

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 10:11:34 PM »

You should be able to create a list (or group) in your messages tab. Then when you want to send out a message to everyone in the group, you just have to send it one time. I hope you find this feature helpful. It works for me.

Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 03:00:41 AM »

You should be able to create a list (or group) in your messages tab. Then when you want to send out a message to everyone in the group, you just have to send it one time. I hope you find this feature helpful. It works for me.

That really is the best route. Originally, FB groups didn't have that feature, which really made them useless. People only saw group info if they went to the group's page. Now, it works pretty well. Any msg will go to all FB users in the group unless they have opted out of receiving msgs from groups in general or that group in particular.

Many years,

Neil

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: