OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 24, 2014, 07:20:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone ordered from Icons Plus (aka iconsandmore.com)?  (Read 911 times) Average Rating: 0
Thankful
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« on: July 19, 2010, 06:23:39 PM »

I have only even been able to find one icon of my patron saint online, until now.  I have found another one at http://www.iconsandmore.com that I would like to order -- but the site is pretty light on information about the company, Orthodoxy and any extra bits like address/telephone number, etc. so I'm a touch nervous (money being a bit tight right now). I used their contact us form to ask about address/phone and did get an email reply back (with a very brief personal note and the information), but just thought I'd ask here if anyone is familiar with this company, having had success in ordering from them.  I appreciate any feedback Thank you.

If this isn't posted on the right forum, please forgive me. 

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 07:44:48 PM »

An alternative icon from comeandseeicons.com

http://www.comeandseeicons.com/j/inp102.htm

And another Saint Juliana from Russia

http://www.comeandseeicons.com/j/drz15.htm
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 07:47:26 PM by Irish Hermit » Logged
Thankful
Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 08:06:04 PM »

Thanks for that -- the first one is a different St. Juliana and the second one is the one I have in our family icon area.  My godmother recently gave me a small pin with the one in my avatar, and I've never seen it before.  I found it at Icons Plus yesterday.  I just don't want to throw money out the window, you know?  
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 08:13:50 PM by Thankful » Logged

LBK
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 10:31:09 PM »

St Juliana Lazarevskaya is well-venerated in Russia. I have several icons of hers on file, and there are plenty of Russian sites which stock her icons. PM me if you're having trouble finding something you like.  Smiley
Thankful
Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 04:14:32 PM »

I just wanted to report back that I successfully placed an order with this website, and am very pleased with my order.  Kinda spendy compared to other places out there ($40 for a 4 inch by 8 inch), but it's the only place I've found with this particular icon.  The owner kindly sent me a story of St. Juliana's life free of charge (photocopied pages stapled together). 

Tags: icons 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: