Author Topic: Has anyone ordered from Icons Plus (aka iconsandmore.com)?  (Read 999 times)

Offline Thankful

• Elder
Has anyone ordered from Icons Plus (aka iconsandmore.com)?
« on: July 19, 2010, 06:23:39 PM »
I have only even been able to find one icon of my patron saint online, until now.  I have found another one at http://www.iconsandmore.com that I would like to order -- but the site is pretty light on information about the company, Orthodoxy and any extra bits like address/telephone number, etc. so I'm a touch nervous (money being a bit tight right now). I used their contact us form to ask about address/phone and did get an email reply back (with a very brief personal note and the information), but just thought I'd ask here if anyone is familiar with this company, having had success in ordering from them.  I appreciate any feedback Thank you.

If this isn't posted on the right forum, please forgive me. 

Offline Irish Hermit

• Kibernetski Kaludjer
  • Merarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us
Re: Has anyone ordered from Icons Plus (aka iconsandmore.com)?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 07:44:48 PM »
An alternative icon from comeandseeicons.com

http://www.comeandseeicons.com/j/inp102.htm

And another Saint Juliana from Russia

http://www.comeandseeicons.com/j/drz15.htm
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 07:47:26 PM by Irish Hermit »

Offline Thankful

• Elder
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 08:06:04 PM »
Thanks for that -- the first one is a different St. Juliana and the second one is the one I have in our family icon area.  My godmother recently gave me a small pin with the one in my avatar, and I've never seen it before.  I found it at Icons Plus yesterday.  I just don't want to throw money out the window, you know?  
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 08:13:50 PM by Thankful »

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 10:31:09 PM »
St Juliana Lazarevskaya is well-venerated in Russia. I have several icons of hers on file, and there are plenty of Russian sites which stock her icons. PM me if you're having trouble finding something you like.  :)
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline Thankful

• Elder
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 04:14:32 PM »
I just wanted to report back that I successfully placed an order with this website, and am very pleased with my order.  Kinda spendy compared to other places out there ($40 for a 4 inch by 8 inch), but it's the only place I've found with this particular icon.  The owner kindly sent me a story of St. Juliana's life free of charge (photocopied pages stapled together).