OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 20, 2014, 04:18:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Melchizedek  (Read 8561 times) Average Rating: 0
Ras Salem
The Lion

Faith: Judaism-Christianity
Jurisdiction: Melchizedek Order

Abba Ta'chin-hoy Besem'mey Ye'mit-nor

« on: July 12, 2010, 05:18:31 PM »

Greetings and Bless'ed Love to all.  I would first like to start out by saying that only the truth will stand in the end regardless of what we think.  I would like to start by saying that there are alot of people who wish to see H.I.M. in a bad light and want others to do the same.  So lets just start with a few truths.  First of all the Triune Symbol does represent the Trinity Father, Son, Holy Spirit.  This is a symbol of ancient Masonry not the masonry that most know of today.  Starting with the crusades is when the masonry was stolen and used in ways not ordained to be used.  Masonry is the Priesthood and thats it.  The knowledge that the fake masons(all those who sit to the Rite) will lead you to believe have nothng to do with Masonry at all but the small percentage of the ancient masonry(not ancient and accepted freemasonry) what they have made out to be classified as Masonry.  As a real Mason not sitting to the Rite I am compelled to inform all those who are not Masons as well as all those who "think" they are that an Order is created by given vested power.  The Knights Templar whom all orders present today claim gave them the vested power to start their order needs to ask themselves who gave the Knights Templar their vested power to begin with.  The Temple of Solomon was abandoned during the crusades so where did they recieve their vested power and from what order.  Second of all the Illuminatti is nothing but a group of people who wish to control the world with the secret knowledge of the ancient ones not realizing that they didnt "steal" all the info.  They didnt even steal half which is why this symbol is not explained in detail because the truth is they dont know what it means.  It is the symbol of Life, The representation of the Trinity, A focul point used to harness the spiritual power of the soul/life of man.  It is a physical form used to represent a spiritual presence and is to be used by those ordained to do so.  For those who ask who is ordained and who is not?  We all may use the symbol because if you know your Judaism(Christianity for those who choose to use the latter title of "one" religion instead of the origional title) We are all a part of the Royal Priest Hood  of Priest Kings and Queens.  In most pictures of H.I.M. you will see that H.I.M. holds this Seal at the same height as a certain chakra(in the Hindu Faith) that same area in the general area of the navel represents where life was first given to you from your mother.  For those who think that Masonry is some evil class of people set out to rule the world you're WRONG.  However those people who claim to be masons and are not you may call them the Illuminatti.  Our job as real Masons is to Praise the Father not rule the world.  This is what we real Masons(High Priests) do.....Se'lah

Bless'ed Love
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 05:32:13 PM »

I'm just curious as to whether you have a source for the above information.  You identify yourself as Tewahido, but I don't think that is something I ever heard from any of our Ethiopian Orthodox brothers.  Where did you get the above teaching?

Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 05:37:09 PM »

Bless'ed Love I am a High Priest and Mason under the Origional order the Melchizedek Order

Bless'ed Love
Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »

Bless'ed Love I am a High Priest and Mason under the Origional order the Melchizedek Order

I guess that answers my question.  Thanks.   Smiley

HaileAmanuel
HaileAmanuel [Amanuel is my Power]

Faith: Coptic/Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahido Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahido/Non-Chalcedonian

He that is greatest among you will be your servant

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 04:21:25 AM »

Ras Salem,

Do you mean Melketsidek [Melchizedek], the priest that presented and blessed Abraham with the gifts of wine and bread [Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; he was the priest of God Most High.]? 

If you will, please explain to me who and what the order of this Melketsidek is...

In the thread concerning the 'Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahido Church jurisdiction', I posted a link to a book about the priesthood.  If the "I" reads and accepts the teachings of that book, which supports the teachings of God's book, you'll renounce everything in sight and out-of-sight.  If any person accepts the teachings of the Bible, he or she will overstand that there is One Faith; One God; One Baptism: Tewahido!

haile amanuel

'He who is greatest among you, will be your servant [St. Matthew 23:11].'
Aidan

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 02:18:36 PM »

Please expound the full (as far as you are able) meaning of Tewahedo.
Father Peter
Archon

Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 03:38:17 PM »

It would be helpful if the posts of folk who are not canonical members of the EOTC or do not hold the teachings of the EOTC could be identified as this thread is becoming confusing.

Father Peter

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 03:40:55 PM »

I think reply number 16 kind of does that for us.   Smiley

HaileAmanuel
HaileAmanuel [Amanuel is my Power]

Faith: Coptic/Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahido Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahido/Non-Chalcedonian

He that is greatest among you will be your servant

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 07:25:43 PM »

Please expound the full (as far as you are able) meaning of Tewahedo.

Tewahido is a Gi'iz [Ethiopic] word that means literally, 'to be made one'. This in turn means, 'The One Incarnate Nature of God the Word.' This describes the Christological formula [of St. Cyril I] of the Church(es) that believe in MIAPHYSITISM, although the word is strictly Gi'iz (related to Arabic and perhaps Syriac).

The Ethiopian Orthodox Church uses this 'title' or description to separate themselves from non-Chalcedonian, unorthodox churches [including Nestorians, Ethiopian Catholics, Apollonarians, etc.]. During the 15th-18th Centuries [A.D.], the Ethiopian Orthodox Church was confronted (in some instances violently) by various religious systems, from internal and external sources such as: Islam, Jesuit Catholocism, Roman Catholocism and other heresies like qebat and tsega.

Qebat means 'unction'. It basically teaches that Jesus became the Son of God by being 'anointed' by the Holy Spirit at His baptism at the the hand of St. John. Tsega means 'grace'. It basically teaches that Jesus had 'three births': one from the Father eternally, one from St. Mary genetically and another from the Holy Spirit at the age of 30. These heresies are not accepted by the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahido Church.

I hope that this helped and perhaps it may be grafted into a different thread if it doesn't exist already...

Sincerely,

haile amanuel

'He who is greatest among you, will be your servant [St. Matthew 23:11].'
Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 10:41:44 PM »

Greetings To All in the name of the Most High God JAH Ras Ta'feri!!!!  First off I would like to start by saying that I really appreciate some of the comments of you all on this matter.  As a devout Rasta in the Movement it pleases me alot to see that everyone is not against us.  First lets start at the beggining.  Rastafari is NOT a religion.  It is a religious movement.  As a Melchizedek High Priest I am obligated to inform all that the Orthodox Christianity that we know of today is indeed the Judaism of ancient times.  So Christianity and Judaism(The Real Judaism) are both one in the same.  Remember that there was a sect of so called Jewish people who persecuted Christ(against him) not necessarily the true Jewish people.(those Christ represented). With that being said lets move forward.  Now comes the tricky part.  Masonry.  Masonry in truth is the Priesthood.  Masonry is not and was not created by the current masons.  They are mearly the ones who found the information of the priesthood and used it against the world(illuminatti).  If you do your history you will clearly see that the Melchizedek Order(also Brotherhood of the White Light) holds all the secrets to mankind creation and God himself.  Only the High Priest's of the Order are allowed to possess these things. (which leads to the current misconception of masonry)  To bring the subject to current times the Conquering Lion of Judah is the only person capable of busting the Seven Seals.  Judah is the Lawbearer shedding the ecclisiasticall law of the Father(God) upon man it is stated everywhere.  Every real Rastafarian man knows that he is given the title Ras(prince).  This means that we(Rastafarian Men) are the princes of Judah spoken about in the word and we have been given the task of spreading the Laws of the Father which is why we priase H.I.M. Haillie Selassie the First of Ethiopia.  He is The living Melchizedek High Priest of current times being power of the trinity as all Melchizedek High Priest were before H.I.M.(King,Priest and Prophet) spreading the truth about the Father(God-JAH) ........Bless'ed Love

Bless'ed Love
Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 10:59:09 PM »

Ras Salem,

Do you mean Melketsidek [Melchizedek], the priest that presented and blessed Abraham with the gifts of wine and bread [Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; he was the priest of God Most High.]? 

If you will, please explain to me who and what the order of this Melketsidek is...

In the thread concerning the 'Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahido Church jurisdiction', I posted a link to a book about the priesthood.  If the "I" reads and accepts the teachings of that book, which supports the teachings of God's book, you'll renounce everything in sight and out-of-sight.  If any person accepts the teachings of the Bible, he or she will overstand that there is One Faith; One God; One Baptism: Tewahido!

haile amanuel

Greetings Bredren.  Mel-chi-z'e-dek (Hebrew 7 the whole chapter) is High Priest continually.  Now King of Peace, King of Righteousness.  Now remember that to be righteous is to be sinless which Melchizedek is King.  No mother No Father no beginning nor end of days like unto the son of God a priest continually.  Now if the I feels that this man has no significance then why didnt the Father create a new preisthood instead of making Christ a High Priest after the ancient priesthood of King Melchizedek.  As a Melchizedek High Priest I am obligated to inform you that we hold sacred the Tewahido and those of us that do not I beg of the I pray for them because judgement come.  Tewahido means "made one" and I as a Melchizedek High Priest do not deviate from the teachings of old.  Bless'ed Love

Bless'ed Love
Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 03:40:16 AM »

This topic was split off from here:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,22105.0.html#top

with the exception of reply #9, which was split off from here:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,14313.msg454143.html#top

« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 04:16:52 AM by Salpy » Logged

Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 03:59:30 AM »

Ras Salem,

Again, I want to welcome you to OCnet.   Smiley

I think our concern over your recent posts is that you seem to identify yourself as Tewahedo, but  you also are saying things that one does not associate with the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church.

Can you tell us more about your background and what it is that you believe?  We just want to better understand you.   Smiley

Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 12:29:49 PM »

No problem.  My name is Ras Corey Hollins from the U.S.  Those who have the wrong interpretation of Christianity and Rastafari should understand that they both referr to the Judaism of old.  Its not about what I believe.  The one thing I've always had a problem with is that people say that we should get our own interpretation of the word, but will that save you?  I think not.  your interpretation is naul and void because you are not the writer.  I would rather have the truth and not someone's explanation about the truth.  I sought for myself for years to find the Father.  I prayed and cried to him and he answered me.  I never looked to be a priest and didnt even think I was upright enough to be a priest.  I had never heard of the Melchizedek Order until a member of the order chased me down the street for about ten blocks and said they were led by the Father to catch me and inform me of the celibration of H.I.M. which I had prayed to the Father about 3 days before-hand.  As I learned about the priesthood I learned about many things that I never knew about.  I vowed finding out parts of the truth I would be appointed to the position of High Priest and have spreaded not my Truth but the information of the priesthood verbatim.  Those of us who represent the priesthood already know that to lie, misquote or misuse the word of the Father will not save you from anihilation, but schedule us for anihilation.  I'm not here to say anyone is wrong or what you have learned is incorrect because I dont know what you've learned however I will say this.  A lie can be exposed by the truth so for those who are skeptical of this information I have relayed then by all means correct with reproach, and I will let it annoint my head like oil.  Bless'ed Love 

Bless'ed Love
Antonious Nikolas
Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
Warned
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 01:00:42 PM »

Greetings Ras Salem,

Brother, I'm not interested in reproaching you by any means.  You seem to have studied a great deal of material from a wide variety of sources.  I'm curious how much you've studied about the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church and what your studies in this regard have revealed to you as truth.

Some of what you've said is in agreement with the teachings of the EOTC and some of what you've said conflicts with her established teachings.

Again, I'm not interested in reproaching or correcting you, but rather reasoning together.

Peace & Love.

“Nothing is better than to realize one’s weakness and ignorance and nothing is worse than not to be aware of them.” - St. Peter of Damascus
Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 01:09:54 PM »

Greetings Ras Salem,

Brother, I'm not interested in reproaching you by any means.  You seem to have studied a great deal of material from a wide variety of sources.  I'm curious how much you've studied about the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church and what your studies in this regard have revealed to you as truth.

Some of what you've said is in agreement with the teachings of the EOTC and some of what you've said conflicts with her established teachings.

Again, I'm not interested in reproaching or correcting you, but rather reasoning together.

Peace & Love.

Greetings Beloved,  I would like to start off by sayng that I am not offended or upset about any discussion that is had here.  I love the Father with all my heart and I love those who feel the way I do about my Father.  If I can help anyone to become closer to him by conversation, debate or whatever means possible I am all for it.  I love all yes Im a Rasta but not about all the whooplah that comes with it.  I am not against any other religions(Islam,Hindu etc) I love all this is about saving ourselves from anihilation.  So all questions comments are welcome good bad or ugly because it all brings us to a better understanding and closer to the Father.
Now to answer your question I have followed the rules of the Melchizedek Order which predates all current forms so the changes are younger than the origional info of ancient times that I have been taught... Bless'ed Love

Bless'ed Love
Antonious Nikolas
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 01:33:55 PM »

Could you tell me precisely about the origins of the Melchizedek order as you understand it?  In order for it to predate the monotheistic traditions of the EOTC it would have to be very old indeed, as Judaism entered Ethiopia during the time of Solomon and Christianity entered the country in the first Christian century.

I'm curious as to whether this Melchizedek order has any connection to the Old Testament figure of the same name, a typos of Our Lord and Savior, or if it is merely another modern fraternal organization usurping an ancient name...like the so-called "Hebrew Israelites", the "Nuwaubian Nation of Moors", and other such sham organizations.

Please elaborate.

“Nothing is better than to realize one’s weakness and ignorance and nothing is worse than not to be aware of them.” - St. Peter of Damascus
Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 01:48:55 PM »

Could you tell me precisely about the origins of the Melchizedek order as you understand it?  In order for it to predate the monotheistic traditions of the EOTC it would have to be very old indeed, as Judaism entered Ethiopia during the time of Solomon and Christianity entered the country in the first Christian century.

I'm curious as to whether this Melchizedek order has any connection to the Old Testament figure of the same name, a typos of Our Lord and Savior, or if it is merely another modern fraternal organization usurping an ancient name...like the so-called "Hebrew Israelites", the "Nuwaubian Nation of Moors", and other such sham organizations.

Please elaborate.

Greetings to All,  The Melchizedek Order is indeed the order of the Ancient one Lord Melchizedek. Gen 14:18,Heb 7.  This is a real order stemming back to Genesis.  Not an order claiming a name of old.  Judaism started in the land of Salem(mesopatamia)ancient times.  At this time Mesopotemia was in the african region of Sheba not modern day Iran.  This is a real order that predates all which is why the Father(God-JAH) appointed his son (Christ) to be High Priest under this Order and not Levi or Aaron.

Bless'ed Love
Antonious Nikolas
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 02:15:57 PM »

Brother, how could the geographical location of Mesopotamia (the land between the Tigris and Euphrates) be physically moved?  Also, is there an unbroken succession from Melchizedek down to the priests of your order today?  From whom did you receive your ordination?

Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 03:54:04 PM »

Brother, how could the geographical location of Mesopotamia (the land between the Tigris and Euphrates) be physically moved?  Also, is there an unbroken succession from Melchizedek down to the priests of your order today?  From whom did you receive your ordination?

Bless'ed Love To All,  Bredren the geographical location of the cities were not changed but everyone knows that the names of the cities most of which were simply abandoned as well as thier territory was rebordered.  for example.  The ancient empire of Axum stretched into what is modern day Yemen.  this is factual.  Also yes there is.  H.I.M. Emperor Haille Selassie I is 225 in the line of the ancient habesha from King David himself.  H.I.M. ordained Elder Ras Marcus Selassie(Solomon Wolfe) who came to the United States and gave Vested power to start E.W.F. Melchizedek Order Local #18 Norfolk, Virginia U.S.A.  I am a current member of this Local.  Bless'ed Love

Bless'ed Love
Antonious Nikolas
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 04:13:00 PM »

Peace & Love brother.  Let us be precise, geographically speaking.

Mesopotamia was never in Iran.

The old Axumite Empire was on both sides of the Red Sea, in Ethiopia and Southern Arabia, but this is far to the south of Mesopotamia.  The Axumite Empire did not extend that far north.  The cities of Mesopotamia were not renamed or rebordered cities from inside the African continent.  This is simply false in terms of geography and history.

Additionally, His Majesty was the Emperor, but was not a bishop.  He had no authority to ordain anyone, and never claimed this authority.  The E.W.F. was not an ecclesiastical body, but was an organization intended to garner support for the liberation of Ethiopia among Black Americans and West Indians after the Fascist invasion.

Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 04:22:14 PM »

Peace & Love brother.  Let us be precise, geographically speaking.

Mesopotamia was never in Iran.

The old Axumite Empire was on both sides of the Red Sea, in Ethiopia and Southern Arabia, but this is far to the south of Mesopotamia.  The Axumite Empire did not extend that far north.  The cities of Mesopotamia were not renamed or rebordered cities from inside the African continent.  This is simply false in terms of geography and history.

Additionally, His Majesty was the Emperor, but was not a bishop.  He had no authority to ordain anyone, and never claimed this authority.  The E.W.F. was not an ecclesiastical body, but was an organization intended to garner support for the liberation of Ethiopia among Black Americans and West Indians after the Fascist invasion.

Bless'ed Love To All once again you are correct Iran was at that time Persia and Axum at its height was only one of four world powers who owned all lands in the area of Salem or Mesopatamia.  The E.W.F. is a social-civic organisation yes but the title Melchizedek Order Local #18 changes the status of this particular Local. as well as Local #2 LosAngelos.(Only two in the World).  H.I.M. would not be Bishop but High Priest by blood he is King, Priest and Prophet which is why he was given the name Haille(power of the trinity) Se'lah

Bless'ed Love
Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2010, 04:25:14 PM »

The E.W.F. was not an ecclesiastical body, but was an organization intended to garner support for the liberation of Ethiopia among Black Americans and West Indians after the Fascist invasion

Bless'ed Love To All,  The E.W.F. was started because of the Harlem Brothers.  It was created to help Black Americans to conduct business without outside interferance.  Started in 1933 in New York, NY. durring the great depression

Bless'ed Love
Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2010, 04:33:34 PM »

I am sorry but I am just getting more and more confused by this thread and I am sure that others are to.

Can it be made clear by someone/anyone, the relation of any of thee groups named to our Orthodox Church.

Father Peter

Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2010, 04:36:13 PM »

Greetings Beloved Bredren.  The topic of discussion is Melchizedek.  Him being a priest is why the clergy is refrenced however the thred is about Melchizedek the Man and not a Melchizedek Priest given the title Melchizedek Bless'ed Love

Bless'ed Love
Antonious Nikolas
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2010, 04:39:58 PM »

Brother, I love His Majesty, but he was not a high priest.  He himself received communion from the hands of the priests and kissed the hands of the priests.  The priesthood established by Christ, beginning with the Holy Apostles, is transmitted by chrism, not by bloodlines, and has superceded and supplanted the old Aaronic/Levitical priesthood as far as those Jews and Gentiles who recognized Christ as the Messiah were concerned (i.e. those individuals who established the Orthodox Church).  His Majesty never called himself a high priest, and because of his relationship with the true priests of the Orthodox Church (of which he was a member) would never accept such a title.  Behold, His Majesty kissing the hands and crosses of the true priests of the Orthodox Church:

http://ethiopianinsight.com/IMAGES/Majesty%20kissing%20cross.png
http://www.abbayesehaq.com/
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/51/106436228_c48d57f52f_m.jpg

Please do take the time to read the websites I linked to in my other post.  See what His Majesty and the priest sent by His Majesty (Abune Yesehaq) had to say about the authentic priesthood.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 04:42:17 PM by Antonious Nikolas » Logged

Antonious Nikolas
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 04:41:25 PM »

I am sorry but I am just getting more and more confused by this thread and I am sure that others are to.

Can it be made clear by someone/anyone, the relation of any of thee groups named to our Orthodox Church.

Father Peter

Father, bless.  None of these groups are in any way affiliated with any canonical Orthodox Church.

Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 04:43:59 PM »

Father Peter

Ras Salem's group is not related to the Orthodox Church. 

Do you ever meet Rastas in Great Britain?  They are a very diverse group.  Some are Orthodox, but some have their own beliefs and organizations.

Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 04:51:59 PM »

Bless'ed Love To All, Bredren as we can see there is no means to the discussion.  I will study as well as you, communion is for all.  Even christ went into churches with others but the bottom line is I enjoy these types of discussion because nothing but the truth will come from such a discussion.  Bless'ed Love.  Give Thanks for the openess of everyone in our trodd to truely find the way.  Not our way or the ways of man but of the Father.  One question though bredren.  If Christ started the priesthood whom did he look to?  Im sure that he did not seek himself correct?  So clearly there had to be some form of the priesthood before him to learn from.  So what type of priest was John the Babtist and what faith did he follow to lead him to be the babtiser of Christ since "Christianity" had not been completed.  Christ never spoke of Christianity but of Judaism......

Bless'ed Love
Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 04:56:10 PM »

Ras Salem's group is not related to the Orthodox Church. 

Bless'ed Love To All,  I am part of no group.  I am one man studying to prove myself worthy.  There are a lot of Rastas who will tell you what Im stating is not true.  The reallity is that until you tear down the borders of the different religions with a bias eye(an eye for the Father only) then you can see that when you go back far enough in history all the religions come down to one ancient religion. 

Bless'ed Love
Antonious Nikolas
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 05:09:34 PM »

Bless'ed Love To All, Bredren as we can see there is no means to the discussion.  I will study as well as you, communion is for all.  Even christ went into churches with others but the bottom line is I enjoy these types of discussion because nothing but the truth will come from such a discussion.  Bless'ed Love.  Give Thanks for the openess of everyone in our trodd to truely find the way.  Not our way or the ways of man but of the Father.  One question though bredren.  If Christ started the priesthood whom did he look to?  Im sure that he did not seek himself correct?  So clearly there had to be some form of the priesthood before him to learn from.  So what type of priest was John the Babtist and what faith did he follow to lead him to be the babtiser of Christ since "Christianity" had not been completed.  Christ never spoke of Christianity but of Judaism......

Dear brother, St. John the Forerunner was not a priest.  Our Lord Jesus Christ is God in Human Flesh and did not need baptism, but as you intimated, He came not to destroy the law but to fulfill it.

Why, then, did He submit to the baptism of St. John?

St. John Chrysostom explains more eloquently than I ever could:

There was a Jewish baptism, which cleansed from bodily impurities, but not to remove sins. Thus, whoever committed adultery, or decided on thievery, or who did some other kind of misdeed, it did not free him from guilt. But whoever touched the bones of the dead, whoever tasted food forbidden by the law, whoever approached from contamination, whoever consorted with lepers -- that one washed, and until evening was impure, and then cleansed. "Let one wash his body in pure water -- it says in the Scriptures, -- and he will be unclean until evening, and then he will be clean" (Lev 15:5, 22:4).

...the baptism of John did not impart the Holy Spirit and it did not grant forgiveness by grace: it gave the commandment to repent, but it was powerless to absolve sins. Wherefore John did also say: "I baptize you with water...That One however will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire" (Mt 3:11). Obviously, he did not baptize with the Spirit.” This is the key aspect of a Christian baptism is that it includes baptism by the Holy Spirit. Paul advised those who had been baptized by John to be baptized again. He said, “John indeed baptized with the baptism of repentance," -- repentance, but not remission of sins; for whom did he baptize? "Having proclaimed to the people, that they should believe in the One coming after him, namely, Christ Jesus. Having heard this, they were baptized in the Name of the Lord Jesus: and Paul laying his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them" (Acts 19:1-6)

...when all the people thronged out from all the cities to Jordan and remained on the banks of the river, and when He Himself came to be baptized and received the testimony of the Father by a voice from above and by the coming-upon of the Spirit in the form of a dove, then the testimony of John about Him was made beyond all questioning. And since he said: "and I knew Him not" (Jn 1:31), his testimony put forth is trustworthy.

They were kindred after the flesh between themselves "wherefore Elizabeth, thy kinswoman, hath also conceived a son" -- said the Angel to Mary about the mother of John (Lk. 1: 36); if however the mothers were relatives, then obviously so also were the children. Thus, since they were kinsmen -- in order that it should not seem that John would testify concerning Christ because of kinship, the grace of the Spirit organized it such, that John spent all his early years in the wilderness, so that it should not seem that John had declared his testimony out of friendship or some similar reason. But John, as he was instructed of God, thus also announced about Him, wherein also he did say: "and I knew Him not." From whence didst thou find out? "He having sent me that sayeth to baptize with water, That One did tell me" What did He tell thee? "Over Him thou shalt see the Spirit descending, like to a dove, and abiding over Him, That One is baptized by the Holy Spirit" (Jn 1:32-33). Dost thou see, that the Holy Spirit did not descend as in a first time then coming down upon Him, but in order to point out that preached by His inspiration -- as though by a finger, it pointed Him out to all. For this reason He came to baptism.

When John said: "“I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?” But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness” (Mt 3:14-15). Dost thou see the meekness of the servant? Dost thou see the humility of the Master? What does He mean: "to fulfill every righteousness?" By righteousness is meant the fulfillment of all the commandments, as is said: “both were righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless" (Lk 1:6). Since fulfilling this righteousness was necessary for all people -- but no one of them kept it or fulfilled it -- Christ came then and fulfilled this righteousness.

And what righteousness is there, someone will say, in being baptized? Obedience for a prophet was righteous. As Christ was circumcised, offered sacrifice, kept the sabbath and observed the Jewish feasts, so also He added this remaining thing, that He was obedient to having been baptized by a prophet. It was the will of God then, that all should be baptized -- about which listen, as John speaks: "He having sent me to baptize with water" (Jn 1:33); so also Christ: "the publicans and the people do justify God, having been baptized with the baptism of John; the pharisees and the lawyers reject the counsel of God concerning themselves, not having been baptized by him" (Lk 7:29-30). Thus, if obedience to God constitutes righteousness, and God sent John to baptize the nation, then Christ has also fulfilled this along with all the other commandments.

End words of St. John, may his blessing be with us all, amen.

The priesthood established by Our Lord Jesus Christ was something new.  He Himself is God, the Heavenly High Priest, and didn't need ordination or authority from anyone else.  All true priests are part of the unbroken Apostolic succession that leads back to Him through His Apostles.  All other "priests" are, in the Orthodox understanding, null and void.

We don't believe in syncretism and the unity of all religions.  Light cannot walk together with darkness.  We believe in one, holy , catholic, and apostolic Church.  Peace and Love.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 05:11:28 PM by Antonious Nikolas » Logged

Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2010, 05:13:01 PM »

Bless'ed Love To All,  I am part of no group.  I am one man studying to prove myself worthy. 

Thank you for clarifying.  That makes it easier to understand you.   Smiley

Have you thought about talking with an Orthodox priest about all this?  Are there any Ethiopian Churches near you, or any other Orthodox Churches near you?  His Imperial Majesty was a devout Ethiopian Orthodox Christian.  He loved the Orthodox Church very much.  If you are studying and looking for truth, this may be something that will give you fulfillment.  It cannot hurt to try.   Smiley

Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2010, 05:21:19 PM »

Dear brother, St. John the Forerunner was not a priest.  Our Lord Jesus Christ is God in Human Flesh and did not need baptism, but as you intimated, He came not to destroy the law but to fulfill it.

Bredren are you saying that Christ is God? if so then why did Christ always refrence his Father?  He talked about his Father's House, table, kingdom etc.  So you are saying that Christ is the father and not the Son?  So he acknowledeged himself.  He called upon himself?  He asked himself to forgive them on the cross?  He never claimed to be the messiah those around him proclaimed him as such..........

Bless'ed Love
Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2010, 05:24:29 PM »

Have you thought about talking with an Orthodox priest about all this?  Are there any Ethiopian Churches near you, or any other Orthodox Churches near you?  His Imperial Majesty was a devout Ethiopian Orthodox Christian.  He loved the Orthodox Church very much.  If you are studying and looking for truth, this may be something that will give you fulfillment.  It cannot hurt to try.   

No I have not.  I study the ancient text.  The teachings that were studied by all before his birth(christ).
"Brotherhood of the White Light"(Melchizedek Order)

Bless'ed Love
Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 05:28:07 PM »

The priesthood established by Our Lord Jesus Christ was something new.  He Himself is God, the Heavenly High Priest, and didn't need ordination or authority from anyone else.  All true priests are part of the unbroken Apostolic succession that leads back to Him through His Apostles.  All other "priests" are, in the Orthodox understanding, null and void.

We don't believe in syncretism and the unity of all religions.  Light cannot walk together with darkness.  We believe in one, holy , catholic, and apostolic Church.  Peace and Love.

So he created something that has customs of old incoroprated in it.  How can it be new?  and Light and dark are indeed together they co exist and are not one in the same. 

Bless'ed Love
Antonious Nikolas
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2010, 05:42:21 PM »

Dear brother, St. John the Forerunner was not a priest.  Our Lord Jesus Christ is God in Human Flesh and did not need baptism, but as you intimated, He came not to destroy the law but to fulfill it.

Bredren are you saying that Christ is God? if so then why did Christ always refrence his Father?  He talked about his Father's House, table, kingdom etc.  So you are saying that Christ is the father and not the Son?  So he acknowledeged himself.  He called upon himself?  He asked himself to forgive them on the cross?  He never claimed to be the messiah those around him proclaimed him as such..........

Dearest Brother, this is the mystery of the Holy Trinity.  God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are one and yet three.  Our Lord Jesus Christ is indeed God.  He is not God the Father (Whom as you say, He references) but He is indeed God the Son, co-essential with His Father.  He did indeed claim the Divine name of I AM for Himself compare Exo. 3:14 with St. John 8:58 and he also received worship (Matt. 2:2; 14:33; 28:9; John 9:35-38).

This is why some of the Jews wished to stone Him, for claiming the Divine.

You also ask how can what He created be new if it incorporated older customs?  The Lord Himself said he came not to destroy the law but to fulfill it.  He Himself was the author and finisher of the original Jewish Faith, which He fulfilled by His Incarnation, death, burial, and resurrection.  The priesthood He established was new in its universality and mission, but there was never a break in continuity with the covenant established even with Adam.  In fact, that covenant was fulfilled through God's mercy and grace.  This is why Christians haven't chucked the Old Testament into the refuse bin.  The Church is the new Zion.

Light and dark are not one in the same in the spiritual sense and in the language utilized in the Scripture and the Orthodox Church.  Light = righteousness and dark = wickedness, so there is no fellowship between them.  I didn't make this saying up, this is Scripture.  I am paraphrasing 2 Corinthians 6:14: "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Antonious Nikolas
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2010, 05:47:23 PM »

Have you thought about talking with an Orthodox priest about all this?  Are there any Ethiopian Churches near you, or any other Orthodox Churches near you?  His Imperial Majesty was a devout Ethiopian Orthodox Christian.  He loved the Orthodox Church very much.  If you are studying and looking for truth, this may be something that will give you fulfillment.  It cannot hurt to try.  

No I have not.  I study the ancient text.  The teachings that were studied by all before his birth(christ).
"Brotherhood of the White Light"(Melchizedek Order)

She's asking you this because you claim to be "Orthodox Tewahedo", but a person who is "Orthodox Tewahedo" is a Christan, a follower of Christ.  The term Tewahedo is itself a reference to Christ and no one else.  Moreover, it is a reference to Christ being fully God and fully man.  Not only that, a person who is Tewahedo has a father of confession, an Orthodox priest.  Why describe yourself as "Orthodox Tewahedo" if you don't believe in anything an Orthodox Tewahedo Christian believes in?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 05:48:19 PM by Antonious Nikolas » Logged

Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2010, 05:51:52 PM »

who said I dont believe in Christ? Why, because I dont agree with your interpretation of Christ?........

Bless'ed Love
Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2010, 05:57:15 PM »

If you don't believe in Christ as the EOTC and other Orthodox Churches have always done then you cannot be Tewahedo. That is what Tewahedo means.

Antonious Nikolas
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2010, 06:09:30 PM »

who said I dont believe in Christ? Why, because I dont agree with your interpretation of Christ?........

Re-read what I wrote.  I'm not condemning you or saying you must believe what I believe.  What I'm telling you is that you call yourself "Orthodox Tewahedo" but that your stated beliefs don't match up with this.  This is why you are confusing people on these boards.

It would be like if I went onto a Muslim message board and called myself a Muslim but said I believe in four gods and that Muhammad was no prophet.  If people told me I was confusing them by describing myself as a Muslim, they'd be more than justified in doing so.  Get it?

Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2010, 06:10:04 PM »

If you don't believe in Christ as the EOTC and other Orthodox Churches have always done then you cannot be Tewahedo. That is what Tewahedo means.

Bless'ed Love,  what Im trying to figure out is who where and when did someone say that I dont believe in Christ?  I never said that.  Is this being stated because I have a different interpretation of Christ the everyone here?

Bless'ed Love
Antonious Nikolas
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2010, 06:13:17 PM »

Bless'ed Love,  what Im trying to figure out is who where and when did someone say that I dont believe in Christ?  I never said that.  Is this being stated because I have a different interpretation of Christ the everyone here?

The confusion is simply because you call yourself "Orthodox Tewahedo" but don't believe what an "Orthodox Tewahedo" person believes.  Please see my above post to you.  It's like you are pouring a cup of motor oil but insist on calling it tomato juice.  It doesn't change what's in the cup.  It doesn't have anything to do with you having different beliefs than others here, it has to do with you using inaccurate terminology.

Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2010, 06:18:04 PM »

ok so show me where the information that you relayed is so supreme.  Has the Father returned to judge the people and I missed it?  He has already proclaimed the views that you all have as his truth.  If not then we all as stated before fall short of the glory and are simply searching for the truth.  Dont be so quick to say what you speak is truth and what I speak is false simply because it does not agree with what you know to be so.

Bless'ed Love
Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2010, 06:21:44 PM »

It is not a matter of our personal opinions.

We agree with the teaching of the Tewahedo Orthodox Church. We submit our opinions to the judgment of the Church and to the theological tradition which it has preserved over the centuries.

It seems that your opinions are different to that of the Tewahedo Orthodox Church, therefore you should not call yourself Tewahedo.

This is not a judgement on your person, but on the things you are saying. They are just not the same as have been taught by the Holy Orthodox Churches since the time of Christ and his Holy Apostles.

It does not matter that you disagree with me, or us, but it does matter if, as is the case, you disagree with that which has been taught from the time of Christ and from the mouth of Christ.

Father Peter

Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2010, 06:30:29 PM »

I have questioned no acts of Christ or anyone elses views.  I've simply stated what Ive been taught thru the Order and Priesthood that I am a part of.  If you feel what I have stated goes against what you know to be so by the church then raise these issues to the church and let them clarify.  You cant simply say that because what I have stated is not that of the church that I dont believe and know of the oneness of Christ.  Or that what I have stated is simply false because it does not correlate with the church.  Orthodox=tradition, custom, ancientcy. Tewahido=the ones of the divine and all things IN the FATHER. Christianity is the most current usher of Judaism which is one in the same.  It is a Royal Stuartship.  This is why my profile says what it says. Se'lah

Bless'ed Love
Tags: Melchizedek heresy 
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: