OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 09:11:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is H.I.M. Haile Selassie still alive?  (Read 9599 times) Average Rating: 0
Ras Salem
The Lion

Faith: Judaism-Christianity
Jurisdiction: Melchizedek Order

Abba Ta'chin-hoy Besem'mey Ye'mit-nor

« on: July 12, 2010, 04:36:20 PM »

Greetings to all.  The question of should he be cannonized is absolete.  The true question is where is HIM already canonized.  HIM is the seed of David so therefore the representation oh HIM is evident everywhere.  No one elses ancestors are spoken of more than HIM.

Bless'ed Love
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 04:38:02 PM »

Welcome, Ras Salem.   Smiley

Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 05:46:35 PM »

Greetings and Blesse'ed Love to you

Bless'ed Love
Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 05:55:31 PM »

So I guess I would be looked at as crazy if I said to you that H.I.M. lives in exile at this current moment.  For those who say that this is not true the key to this question is in the actions of the Crown Prince Heir Apparent.  He refuse to take the thrown because he knew that his father was not dead and this type of action would be considered disrespectfull to his father His Imperial Majesty to take the thrown and his father did not request this or died.  This is why H.R.H. Crown Prince Amha Sellassie never took the thrown because he knew his father was not dead.  He chose to except exile with the rest of his family and Father H.I.M.

Bless'ed Love
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 06:41:13 PM »

So I guess I would be looked at as crazy if I said to you that H.I.M. lives in exile at this current moment.  For those who say that this is not true the key to this question is in the actions of the Crown Prince Heir Apparent.  He refuse to take the thrown because he knew that his father was not dead and this type of action would be considered disrespectfull to his father His Imperial Majesty to take the thrown and his father did not request this or died.  This is why H.R.H. Crown Prince Amha Sellassie never took the thrown because he knew his father was not dead.  He chose to except exile with the rest of his family and Father H.I.M.
If the late emperor were alive, he would be celebrating his 118 birthday this month. Highly unlikely,as the oldest recorded person ever was 122. His son accepted acclamation (after ones in 1960 and 1974) on April 8, 1989.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 08:36:23 PM »

Bless'ed Love to you and all.  If what you say is true why was he not acknowleged as the King of Ethiopia?  He is still titled and considered the Crown Prince.  Im sure you know what that means.  Only by two means can he ascend to the throne.  By his father's permission or his death.  So if what you say is true why wait until 89 as you stated when it is supposedly stated that H.I.M. cease to exist by whatever means they claim in 74. He would automatically be King since he is the Crown Prince Heir Apparent.   Why wait when the British as well as others were considered to be allies of H.I.M. and were willing to assisst in the deposement of the Derg.  H.I.M. spoke at the U.N. on numerous occasions.  The Derg themselves even offered the Throne to the Crown Prince in fear of the word of the Father and the Crown Prince refused and went into exile with the rest of the Imperial Crown......So why wait 15 years?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 08:41:35 PM by Ras Salem » Logged

Bless'ed Love
ialmisry
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 08:57:47 PM »

Bless'ed Love to you and all.  If what you say is true why was he not acknowleged as the King of Ethiopia?  He is still titled and considered the Crown Prince.  Im sure you know what that means.  

Same thing it meant in Grand Duke Cyril Vladimirovich not becoming Czar.

Only by two means can he ascend to the throne.  By his father's permission or his death.  So if what you say is true why wait until 89 as you stated when it is supposedly stated that H.I.M. cease to exist by whatever means they claim in 74. He would automatically be King since he is the Crown Prince Heir Apparent.   Why wait when the British as well as others were considered to be allies of H.I.M. and were willing to assisst in the deposement of the Derg.  H.I.M. spoke at the U.N. on numerous occasions.  The Derg themselves even offered the Throne to the Crown Prince in fear of the word of the Father and the Crown Prince refused and went into exile with the rest of the Imperial Crown......So why wait 15 years?
I can offer an explanation, but not that that is important (for one thing, the last of the Imperial Family were released by the Deng in 1989, and the Soviet patronage of the Deng dried up that year).  H.I.M. could explain himself.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 09:39:44 PM »

Bless'ed Love to You.  So what you're saying is that even though the Crown Prince refused the throne when it was offered by the Derg that the Imperial Family was held captive until 89.  even though H.I.M. clearly wrote speeches pertaining to current event issues well after 74 and before 89. (Selective Speeches of H.I.M.)  So you're saying that they held him captive but allowed him to write and make speeches.  So why would the Crown Prince Heir Apparent who automatically becomes King upon the death of H.I.M. wait to take a crown that was offered to him and that other nations would've been willing to assisst him in regaining control of.  There are people who say that H.I.M. is a tyrrant listening to outside influence in the dictatorship of Ethiopia.  So if people were saying these things about H.I.M. clearly H.I.M. had allies at the time from outside countries. There were numerous Monarchs of different countries that H.I.M. clearly was affiliated with.(He gave some lion cubs as tokens of esteem).  So why not take his rightfull place as King of Ethiopia and overthrow the Derg as his father was attempting to do?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 09:41:23 PM by Ras Salem » Logged

Bless'ed Love
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 09:53:39 PM »

Bless'ed Love to you and all.  If what you say is true why was he not acknowleged as the King of Ethiopia?  He is still titled and considered the Crown Prince.  Im sure you know what that means.  Only by two means can he ascend to the throne.  By his father's permission or his death.  So if what you say is true why wait until 89 as you stated when it is supposedly stated that H.I.M. cease to exist by whatever means they claim in 74. He would automatically be King since he is the Crown Prince Heir Apparent.   Why wait when the British as well as others were considered to be allies of H.I.M. and were willing to assisst in the deposement of the Derg.  H.I.M. spoke at the U.N. on numerous occasions.  The Derg themselves even offered the Throne to the Crown Prince in fear of the word of the Father and the Crown Prince refused and went into exile with the rest of the Imperial Crown......So why wait 15 years?

The Crown Prince was never crowned Emperor because the coronation must, by tradition, take place at the Cathedral in Addis Ababa. Due to various things, that is not possible at this time.

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 10:16:50 PM »

Well to my knowledge the EPDRF clearly states in numerous places upon Crown Prince Amha Selassie's refusal to take the thrown that it was so called abolished.  So who is making attempts to Ascend the Crown Prince to the throne and who is standing in the way....?  Who would deny  his crowning clearly knowing that he is Heir Apparent?

Bless'ed Love
ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 10:21:05 PM »

Well to my knowledge the EPDRF clearly states in numerous places upon Crown Prince Amha Selassie's refusal to take the thrown that it was so called abolished.  So who is making attempts to Ascend the Crown Prince to the throne and who is standing in the way....?  Who would deny  his crowning clearly knowing that he is Heir Apparent?

The Communists.

HaileAmanuel
HaileAmanuel [Amanuel is my Power]

Faith: Coptic/Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahido Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahido/Non-Chalcedonian

He that is greatest among you will be your servant

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 03:32:17 AM »

Greetings to all.  The question of should he be cannonized is absolete.  The true question is where is HIM already canonized.  HIM is the seed of David so therefore the representation oh HIM is evident everywhere.  No one elses ancestors are spoken of more than HIM.

I would like to know if H.I.M. held the title 'King of Tsion' and if so, how? He was crowned in Addis Abeba and every [Solomonic/Davidic] monarch before that [I believe], with the exception of Menelik II [?] was crowned in Axum (Tsion)...

“Men and brethren let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.

“For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself: ‘The LORD said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool.”

“Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

May the Lord Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God Who is Worthy to Loose the Seals thereof, give peace to Haile Selassie's soul and may he rest in Paradise with the souls of his father David, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and all of the saints...

Sincerely,

haile amanuel

'He who is greatest among you, will be your servant [St. Matthew 23:11].'
Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 10:12:00 PM »

Greetings To All.  I would like to start by saying that in the ancient maps the lines and borders are totally different.  Axum is indeed in Ethiopia, home of H.I.M to this very day.  What other man has been given the title King of King's Lord of Lords Conquering Lion of Judah.  Now if we look at the ancient Habesha(The Royal Pedigree of the Ancient Ones)  Ne'gus Ne'gaste(King of King's-Emperor) is used and given to all kings but not Mo'a Ambessa Ze' i'mnegede Yihuda(Conquering Lion of Judah) only given to two men in history Christ and H.I.M. if you look at the demographics stated Christ also had to truelly reside in the same area given certain titles only held by Ethiopians.  Know that Melchizedek and the descendents of Isreal the Man sit by blood to the left continually.  The right as clearly stated is for anyone who will sit at his right hand by obeying his commandments.  Psalms 2 as well as 110 were written before the birth of christ.  Melchizedek the man is High Priest continually Gen. 14:18 clearly shows this.  Hebrews 7 the whole chapter correlates this.  The Melchizedek Order was stablished not established.  The name of us(Man and Woman) was created before the earth sun moon and stars.  As well as the Royal Priesthood that Jesus is High Priest after.  Hebrews 6:20.  To me this means that all High Priest of the Melchizedek Order should be canonized.  Especially H.I.M. being the Power of the Trinity (King,Priest, and Prophet) as all those before H.I.M......Bless'ed Love

Bless'ed Love
Father Peter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 02:56:40 AM »

Huh??

What does this mean?

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
Salpy
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 03:18:51 AM »

This thread was split off from here:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,20326.45.html#lastPost

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 03:21:24 AM »

Huh??

What does this mean?
Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 03:29:56 AM »

It means that after reading all that Ras Salem has posted I have no idea what he means?

He says he is Tewahedo Orthodox but what he says isn't Orthodox, and a search on the organisations he mentions throws up all sorts of error and worse.

So ... Huh

Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 03:56:45 AM »

It means that after reading all that Ras Salem has posted I have no idea what he means?

He says he is Tewahedo Orthodox but what he says isn't Orthodox, and a search on the organisations he mentions throws up all sorts of error and worse.

So ... Huh

I notice that he identifies himself as "Tewahido" but not Orthodox. Many Rastas hold to Orthodox doctrines but identify Haile Selassie as Christ (which of course is unOrthodox, to say the least.) But this is why it gets tricky when reasoning with such individuals. They affirm all the essential doctrines of the Orthodox Faith, but simply replace Jesus Christ with Haile Selassie. And we know this idea to be nothing less than pure heresy. So, be aware of this dynamic when discussing theology and doctrine with Selassie worshippers. It can be confusing, because on the one hand they affirm important Orthodox positions such as Tewahedo Christology, the Holy Trinity, etc. while they simultaneously worship Haile Selassie as Christ.

As for the question of the OP, "is Haile Selassie still alive?"...

YES! H.I.M. Emperor Haile Selassie I is alive in Heaven, praising God with the Saints and all those who have reposed in the Faith, interceding on behalf of those of us who are still working out our salvation with fear and trembling.

Selam
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 03:58:44 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
Antonious Nikolas
Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 09:50:49 AM »

So ... Huh

I notice that he identifies himself as "Tewahido" but not Orthodox. Many Rastas hold to Orthodox doctrines but identify Haile Selassie as Christ (which of course is unOrthodox, to say the least.) But this is why it gets tricky when reasoning with such individuals. They affirm all the essential doctrines of the Orthodox Faith, but simply replace Jesus Christ with Haile Selassie. And we know this idea to be nothing less than pure heresy. So, be aware of this dynamic when discussing theology and doctrine with Selassie worshippers. It can be confusing, because on the one hand they affirm important Orthodox positions such as Tewahedo Christology, the Holy Trinity, etc. while they simultaneously worship Haile Selassie as Christ.

As for the question of the OP, "is Haile Selassie still alive?"...

YES! H.I.M. Emperor Haile Selassie I is alive in Heaven, praising God with the Saints and all those who have reposed in the Faith, interceding on behalf of those of us who are still working out our salvation with fear and trembling.

Selam

Amen, Gebre!  This is completely correct.  His Majesty is alive in Christ and in Heaven, and I would love to see his canonization made official.

You are also quite correct in your assessment of many of those following the Rasta trod, although each individual can be different.  There are Rastas who say His majesty is God, Rastas who say he is not, Rastas who say they sight Our Lord Jesus Christ through His Majesty, and Rastas who call themselves Tewahedo Orthodox Christians while also calling themselves Kemitic priests, Orthodox Jews, and Solomonic masons, all of which they see as elements of the African cultural heritage, never acknowledging that some of these elements are mutually exclusive and contradictory.  But of course, when you explain this to some of them, they are humble and receptive of the true Ethiopian Orthodox tradition, while others say their faith is "not one of writs and rites" but that they are free to teach as as they like in the name of "Orthodoxy" without restriction.

I remember a big hubub at an Ethiopian Orthodox Church I used to attend frequented by many Rastas, because the Rastas there objected to the language in the liturgy concerning the enumeration of the saints which speaks of "My Masters, the Roman fathers Maximus and Domitius".  There was much "fire burning' of Rome and evoking of the image of the "master" in the Western concept of chattel slavery.

Such things are understandably part of the cultural baggage of Africans living in this Western hemisphere who were placed under the brutal, evil, and inexcusable system of racially based slavery and all of the acompanying torture and bereavement of one's cultural roots which that entails.

However, once we have found the truth...the Orthodox Church...we must abandon all of the false, pseudo-African defense mechanisms we have constructed for ourselves in the guise of "wisdom".

“Nothing is better than to realize one’s weakness and ignorance and nothing is worse than not to be aware of them.” - St. Peter of Damascus
Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 12:55:41 PM »

Wow first of all the Father said question not how any man chooses to worship the Father for he is God to many.  Now H.I.M. is not christ, and Christ is not H.I.M. for those who are confused about this pray for them.  Now your opinion on the info i gave is not adequete information however if you look hard enough you will find what I speak of and when you can show concrete material about by all means enlighten us all.  So are you stating to all that I have made a mochary of the Father,Son and Holy Spirit by spreading lies a non truth?

Bless'ed Love
Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 12:59:30 PM »

Amen, Gebre!  This is completely correct.  His Majesty is alive in Christ and in Heaven, and I would love to see his canonization made official.

You are also quite correct in your assessment of many of those following the Rasta trod, although each individual can be different.  There are Rastas who say His majesty is God, Rastas who say he is not, Rastas who say they sight Our Lord Jesus Christ through His Majesty, and Rastas who call themselves Tewahedo Orthodox Christians while also calling themselves Kemitic priests, Orthodox Jews, and Solomonic masons, all of which they see as elements of the African cultural heritage, never acknowledging that some of these elements are mutually exclusive and contradictory.  But of course, when you explain this to some of them, they are humble and receptive of the true Ethiopian Orthodox tradition, while others say their faith is "not one of writs and rites" but that they are free to teach as as they like in the name of "Orthodoxy" without restriction.

I remember a big hubub at an Ethiopian Orthodox Church I used to attend frequented by many Rastas, because the Rastas there objected to the language in the liturgy concerning the enumeration of the saints which speaks of "My Masters, the Roman fathers Maximus and Domitius".  There was much "fire burning' of Rome and evoking of the image of the "master" in the Western concept of chattel slavery.

Such things are understandably part of the cultural baggage of Africans living in this Western hemisphere who were placed under the brutal, evil, and inexcusable system of racially based slavery and all of the acompanying torture and bereavement of one's cultural roots which that entails.

However, once we have found the truth...the Orthodox Church...we must abandon all of the false, pseudo-African defense mechanisms we have constructed for ourselves in the guise of "wisdom".

Greetings to all.  Im only 33 years old and Ive expierienced some racial tension but I do not associate myself with all that.  I am not into color we are all children of the Father.  so for those who have a llowed the western mentallity to change thier overstanding of the word....Pray for them

Bless'ed Love
Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 01:01:46 PM »

Facts stand and Lies dont.  So show and prove that what I have stated is false.........correlate your truth.  So you claim that you get no hit backs from the Melchizedek Order?  Does that mean it is false and does not exist?  Bless'ed Love

Bless'ed Love
Antonious Nikolas
OC.net guru

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2010, 01:08:02 PM »

Wow first of all the Father said question not how any man chooses to worship the Father for he is God to many.  Now H.I.M. is not christ, and Christ is not H.I.M. for those who are confused about this pray for them.  Now your opinion on the info i gave is not adequete information however if you look hard enough you will find what I speak of and when you can show concrete material about by all means enlighten us all.  So are you stating to all that I have made a mochary of the Father,Son and Holy Spirit by spreading lies a non truth?

Who is thos addressed to, brother?

Greetings to all.  Im only 33 years old and Ive expierienced some racial tension but I do not associate myself with all that.  I am not into color we are all children of the Father.  so for those who have a llowed the western mentallity to change thier overstanding of the word....Pray for them

Amen, brother.  My point is simply that by living here in the West we have constructed a variety of pseudo-African, pseudo-religious institutions as a means of coping with what "Babylon" has dumped on us...this could range from the Nation of Islam to the so-called "Hebrew Israelites"...However, I believe that once we encounter the Truth of Orthodoxy we are obligated to put away childish things and embrace the Light of Christ.

“Nothing is better than to realize one’s weakness and ignorance and nothing is worse than not to be aware of them.” - St. Peter of Damascus
Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2010, 01:18:31 PM »

This is correct and I realy feel sorry for those who dont seek the truth with blinders on focusing only on the Father.  I have done so.  I grew up in a home where religion and things of the world were not forced on us.  Im not racist and I pray for those who are.  To get caught in the web of babylon(confusion) to me means that you are not seeking the Father.  I am focused on the Father only.

Bless'ed Love
Antonious Nikolas
OC.net guru

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2010, 01:36:37 PM »

Agreed.  But at the same time, we are not to forsake the gathering of ourselves together, and we are stick strictly to the Faith delievered once and forever for all the saints.  Therefore, it behooves us to determine exactly where this Faith has been maintained in an unbroken, Apostolic continuity.

Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2010, 01:39:36 PM »

thru the Melchizedek Order which as you can see almost nobody knows anythng about it except those like myself who are a part of it.  This is why there is such a great difference in the info. There has been no outisde influence on the order itself.  It can only be given not taken or stolen.

Bless'ed Love
Antonious Nikolas
OC.net guru

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 01:45:28 PM »

But the Lord Jesus didn't come to bring Truth and salvation to a chosen few, but to all the world.  His Holy Apostles, the true priesthood, went throughout the Earth establishing churches, ordaining successors, and ministering to the people.  We are not to hide our light under a bush.  So I assume that the Order of Melchizedek is a missionary, evangelizing order and not a secretive cabal?

Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 01:52:35 PM »

No secrets pertain to the order otherwise we would not be in discussion about it.  The truth behind the secrecy of this type of thing was not a part of the org order but those who found the info simply wanted to keep for themselves.  You are correct the Father is for all.........

Bless'ed Love
Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 01:55:13 PM »

I was chosen by the Father to know the truth which is why I believe that the info fell from the sky like he(Father) wanted.  The Melchizedek Order is not in the hands of Tyrants who want to rule the world, but by men like myself who knows that the sole purpose of man is to praise the Father.......

Bless'ed Love
Antonious Nikolas
OC.net guru

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 02:13:43 PM »

Yes!  I applaud this sentiment.  The purpose of man is to praise the Father!  But we have to praise Him on His terms, not ours.  Not all sacrifices...all worship...are acceptable to Him, even as the sacrifice of Able was accepted but the sacrifice of Cain was not.  The Rastas in Jamaica were praising the Father in their way, and His Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I said that they must praise Him in the right way, and so he sent his priest, Abune Yesehaq, to instruct them and bring them home to the EOTC. 

Have you seen these webpages?

http://www.abbayesehaq.com/

http://www.abbayesehaq.com/home.htm

Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 04:11:22 PM »

Bless'ed Love To All, No I have not seen the pages referred however I try to study to prove myself worthy and will def. look at them.  Now you are correct about the situation you speak of in Jamaica and the pre-colonialism that H.I.M. knew,stated and saw in his visit and also he wrote letters stating that he didnt want their pre-colonialism present at his land grant.  However I am not a Jamaican and do not have the same views as others. I am a native born american and I follow what H.I.M. sanctioned only not the belief of the "Rasta" community.  You must realize that there are numerous sects of Rastafari who associate with different beliefs. Se'Lah!!!

Bless'ed Love
Antonious Nikolas
OC.net guru

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2010, 04:28:29 PM »

Yes, I understand this brother.  Rasta is a trod, not a religious creed per se, but you must understand that the correct faith, the orthodoxia, as far as His Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I was concerned, was Orthodox Christianity.  Tewahedo is a reference to the one, united nature of Christ (fully human and fully Divine) and nothing else.  His Majesty didn't come to the West to establish masonic lodges or anything else, but rather to bring the lost sheep of the African diaspora home to the one true Faith as he understood it...Orthodox Christianity.

Please do examine the website, and investigate the life of Abune Yesehaq, the priest sent by His Majesty to the West for this very purpose, to understand this.  The following sites may be helpful:

http://www.abbayesehaq.com/home.htm
http://dubroom.org/articles/0002.htm
http://www.jamaicans.com/culture/rasta/interview_AbundaYesehaq.shtml
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Abune-Yesehaq-Memorial-Page/114519085251739
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfQgpujWdk8
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/africanorthodoxchurches/
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7013790353680616142#

Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2010, 04:43:05 PM »

Bless'ed Love Mi Don, I agree whole heartedly he didnt come to America to start lodges however He did send Doctor Malaku Bayen to establish what you are referring to as far as the diaspora however he sent Marcus Selassie(Solomon Wolfe) Chaplain and High Priest to create the two Melchizedek Orders Local #2 LA California and Local #18 Norfolk, Virginia as Benevolent Melchizedek Orders.  Se'lah!!!

Bless'ed Love
Antonious Nikolas
OC.net guru

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2010, 04:52:11 PM »

Dear Brother,

The E.W.F. was a secular not-for-profit designed to promote Black unity and (at the time it was established) to help with the expulsion of the Fascist invaders of Ethiopia.  It is not a religious order.  His Majesty appointed (not annointed) certain laymen to hold certain functions in this civic organization.  It is not a religious body and neither Dr. Bayen nor Mr. Wolfe were invested by His Majesty with any clerical orders, as such is not a function the Emperor would be able to perform.

From the website of E.W.F. Melkezedek Order #2 in Los Angeles:

http://www.ewfla.org/index.html

PROFILE OF THE ORGANIZATION

The Ethiopian World Federation, Incorporated, is a not-for-profit membership organization, incorporated in the State of New York, United States of America and registered by the Internal Revenue Services as a 501 (C) 4  (civic- league, social welfare) making the organization, tax exempt.

This organization came into being on August 25, 1937 in New York City, through the efforts of Black Americans who sent a delegation consisting of three prominent Harlem figures, all leaders of the black organization known as the United Aid for Ethiopia. Reverend William Lloyd Imes, Pastor of the prestigious St. James Presbyterian Church, Philip M. Savory of the Victory Insurance Company and co-owner of the New York Amsterdam News, and Mr. Cyril M Philp, secretary of the United Aid, sailed to England in the summer of 1936 to speak with H.I.M. Emperor Haile Selassie I concerning financial matters.

In response, the Emperor empowered his personal physician Dr. Malaku E. Bayen to establish the Ethiopian World Federation, Incorporated with the purpose set out in the following preamble:

“We the Black People of the World, in order to effect Unity, Solidarity, Liberty, Freedom and self-determination, to secure Justice and maintain the Integrity of Ethiopia, which is our divine heritage, do hereby establish and ordain this constitution for The Ethiopian World Federation, Incorporated”.

The Constitution and By-Laws is, as one would expect, a very careful and businesslike document, having articles which deal with aims and objects, membership, international officers and their duties, conventions, elections, meetings, local units, their establishment and organization, committees, impeachment of officers, units, benefits, amendments, order of business, etc.

As a direct result of the support Ethiopia received from black people in the West during the Italian invasion 1935-1941, the Emperor granted five (5) Gashas of land in Shashamanne, Ethiopia, to The E.W.F. Inc., for Ethiopian people in the Diaspora who desired to return to the motherland. In 1970, H.I.M. Emperor Haile Selassie I personally appointed Ras. Marcus Selassie (Solomon Wolfe), Director of The E.W.F. Charter # 43 in Jamaica, administrator of the “Land Grant”.

The major goal of The Ethiopian World Federation, Incorporated is inherent in the name of the organization. The Ethiopian (meaning all Black people), World (everywhere), Federation (autonomous groups working together), desiring to do all we can to restore the continent of Ethiopia-Africa to her former state of complete independence and self-reliance thereby effecting a social and economic betterment of the race everywhere.  

« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 04:54:52 PM by Antonious Nikolas » Logged

Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 05:16:48 PM »

Bless'ed Love, by posting this you see that as it states it was started by and for Black Americans to conduct business abroad get all affairs in order and come home(repatriation)  the A.U. was created to restore Africa.  Also the info tells of the history of the organisation however it does not speak on what he Marcus Selassie was comissioned to do but what appointment he was given in the Land Grant him being one of the only people to return with H.I.M. when asked.  He Remains there on the Land Grant till this day.  He came to the states in '05 to re-establish a disfunctional organisation.  So are you stating that Marcus Selassie is not an Intenational Chaplain and High Priest?  Are you a current member of the E.W.F.?

Bless'ed Love
Antonious Nikolas
OC.net guru

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2010, 05:27:00 PM »

Brother, I don't know what this man calls himself and what titles he claims, but I do know some things for certain:

1.) His Majesty Haile Selassie is not and was never a High Priest.

2.) His Majesty would not and could not annoint anyone else a High Priest.

People are free to call themselves whatever they like, but if people claim to be part of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church, then people are bound to judge them by the standards of that body, and by the standards of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church, neither Emperor Haile Selassie nor any of these gentlemen you're referring to are "high priests".

For Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Christians, Christ is the High Priest, and no one is above Him, not even Melchizedek.

Peace & Love, as always.

Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2010, 05:34:03 PM »

Well hey since Im so lost prey for me bredren.  According to you I need it. Se'lah

Bless'ed Love
Antonious Nikolas
OC.net guru

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2010, 05:58:52 PM »

Pray for me as well, brother.  We all need it.  And please, investigate for yourself what we've discussed here.  God has a reason for every discussion that takes place.  I invite you to visit a real Orthodox Tewahedo Church in your area.  You said you're in Virginia, right?  There are plenty of churches of the Orthodox Tewahedo tradition close by.

Quite a few Ethiopian Churches in DC and Alexandria.  See here:

http://www.globalgoodnews.org/Ethiopian_Orthodox_Churches.htm

And a Coptic Church very close by in Hampton:

St. George Coptic Orthodox Church
189 Semple Farm Road
Hampton, VA 23666-1454
(757) 865-2040

Not to mention these others:

http://www.coptic.org/north_am.htm

One Love everytime

Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2010, 06:04:50 PM »

Beloved Will Do just as you have asked me to study what you have put before me I ask the same of you research what Ive said to you.  If one religon had all the keys already then there would be no need for numerous.  We all fall short of the glory and hopefully our desire to seek the Father will in the end save us from anihilation. Se'lah!!!

Bless'ed Love
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2010, 06:11:20 PM »

Ras Salem,

Peace and Love. You say you seek the Father. Do you also seek the Son and the Holy Spirit? Do you view His Majesty as the Father or the Son? On what authority do you base your beliefs?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm not trying to interrogate you. Just trying to overstand more about your views.

Give thanks.

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
Antonious Nikolas
OC.net guru

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2010, 06:15:48 PM »

Beloved Will Do just as you have asked me to study what you have put before me I ask the same of you research what Ive said to you.  If one religon had all the keys already then there would be no need for numerous.  We all fall short of the glory and hopefully our desire to seek the Father will in the end save us from anihilation. Se'lah!!!

Brother, I promise I'll investigate all you've asked me to, but I don't believe the multiplicity of religions on this globe is what Our Father wanted, but rather a result of the fall of man and our stiff-neckedness.  I believe He wanted us all to be one.  One love, one heart, one aim, one destiny, one Faith.  Peace & Love every single time.

Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2010, 06:22:03 PM »

One love, one heart, one aim, one destiny, one Faith.  Peace & Love every single time.

Yes Beloved in that respect we are all "Tewahido"(made one)

Bless'ed Love
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2010, 06:47:41 PM »

Yes Beloved in that respect we are all "Tewahido"(made one)

LOL. Do you even know what doctrine Tewahedo really refers to?

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Ras Salem
The Lion

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2010, 06:49:16 PM »

are you asking sarcastically since you laughed or because you are about enlightenment?

Bless'ed Love
Father Peter
Archon

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2010, 06:51:46 PM »

I would be interested to know what Tewahedo means to you.

If it is different to that which the Orthodox Tewahedo Church teaches then do you think that matters? Can you be Orthodox Tewahedo if you do not teach what the Orthodox Tewahedo Church teaches?

I say that sincerely and with no sarcasm.

Father Peter

Tags: Rasta HIM Haile Selassie rastafari 
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: