OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 08:56:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone recognize this bishop  (Read 859 times) Average Rating: 0
Paisius
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Multi-Jurisdictional

Reframed

« on: July 14, 2010, 10:47:20 AM »

Does anyone recognize the bishop in this video?

Here
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 10:47:51 AM by Paisius » Logged

"Is it really true that political self-interest is nobler somehow than economic self-interest?" - Milton Friedman
LBK
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 10:57:10 AM »

From the soundtrack:

"The president of the diocese of Central and Western Europe of the Patriarchate of Bulgaria, Tikhon (Ivanov)"
Paisius
High Elder

Reframed

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 11:01:48 AM »

Oh, I had the volume muted.

Thank you!

"Is it really true that political self-interest is nobler somehow than economic self-interest?" - Milton Friedman
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 11:26:27 AM »

Why is that Orthodox Bishop, Kissing the Hand of a Heretic.... Grin Angry

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 12:41:43 PM »

Why is that Orthodox Bishop, Kissing the Hand of a Heretic....  Angry

This was discussed somewhere on here before, and this bishop was deposed after this incident. Don't worry, most of us aren't will to put up with this crap.
Paisius
High Elder

Reframed

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 01:58:30 PM »

Why is that Orthodox Bishop, Kissing the Hand of a Heretic....  Angry

This was discussed somewhere on here before, and this bishop was deposed after this incident. Don't worry, most of us aren't will to put up with this crap.

Do you have a reference for this?

Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 02:08:26 PM »

Someone else might know the thread it was in. I just remember somebody linking to an article several weeks later either announcing his deposition or at the very least his transferal out of Western Europe. He was replaced with someone more traditional.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 06:43:13 PM »

"Bulgarian Bishop Tikhon about RC-EO unity"

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,23995.msg371412/topicseen.html#msg371412

The Bulgarian Synod removed Bp Tikhon from his post in Western Europe in November 2009.  I assume that he was sent back to Bulgaria?   I think that if Orthodoc sees this he may have information since iirc his son in law is active in the Bulgarian Church and provided information in an earlier thread.
ag_vn
Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 03:14:58 AM »

There was a serious crisis (from December 2009 to June 2010) in the Diocese of Western and Central Europe after the statements of Bishop Tikhon.

Bishop Tikhon was removed from the Diocese of Western and Central Europe and appointed rector/proistamenos of the Patriarchal Cathedral of St. Alexander Nevsky, Sofia in December 2009.

The Synod also removed Metropolitan Simeon from his post and appointed a Metropolitan from Bulgaria (Met. Galaction of Stara Zagora) as administrator of the Diocese with the task to organize the election of a new Metropolitan. This decision of the Synod was not accepted by Met. Simeon and the majority of parishes, some even said that if Met. Galaction came to their parish they would not let him enter the church, etc. They said they preferred to change the jurisdiction and leave the Bulgarian Patriarchate if Met. Simeon was not restored.

The reason for the decision was that Met. Simeon, who is an American citizen, had not lived in his Diocese, but in Phoenix, AZ for most of the time in the past several years, due to his advanced age and health problems, but has no desire to retire. According to the Constitution of the Bulgarian Patriarchate if a Diocesan Bishop (in the Patriarchate of Bulgaria all the Diocesan Bishops are Metropolitans) does not live in his Diocese for such a long period, he must be deposed from his office. During these years the Diocese was practically administrated by Bishop Tikhon, his Auxiliary bishop.

In June 2010, the Holy Synod decided to restore Met. Simeon as Diocesan Metropolitan and appointed Bishop Anthony as new Auxiliary, who served his first liturgy in the Diocese last Sunday in the Diocesan Cathedral in Berlin - some pictures here http://www.dveri.bg/content/view/11685/33/.
Orthodoc
Supporter & Defender Of Orthodoxy
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic

Those who ignore history tend to repeat it.

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 03:42:26 PM »

"Bulgarian Bishop Tikhon about RC-EO unity"

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,23995.msg371412/topicseen.html#msg371412

The Bulgarian Synod removed Bp Tikhon from his post in Western Europe in November 2009.  I assume that he was sent back to Bulgaria?   I think that if Orthodoc sees this he may have information since iirc his son in law is active in the Bulgarian Church and provided information in an earlier thread.

Keep in mind that this is old news.  This was in October last year.  As a result he was recalled back to Bulgaria.  He is the dean of St Alexander Nevski now.  Furthermore, his boss Metropolitan Simeon was deposed from his diocese.  He did not submit to the decision of the Holy Synod and has not left the diocese.  BOC is not part of the WCC and does not participate in any dialogs with Rome. 

Below is the translation.  As I said this story ran in Dveri.bg on 10/29/09.

The official publications of the RC in Europe are discussing the meeting of the Bishop of Tiveropol Tihon with the Pope.  The meeting which took place in Rome during the 8th Sobor of the Western and Mid European Diocese of the BOC.  The official newspaper of the Vatican, L'Osservatore Romano quoted the words of bishop Tihon to Benedict XVI "We have to unite as soon as possible and at last serve togethher."  He also added that "we should spare no effort to restore communion b/w Orthodox and roman catholics because the people (i.e. the laity) don't understand our differences and discussions.  The catholics won't become Orthodox and vice versa, but we must stand before the altar together."

Bishop Tihon assured the pope that in his capacity as acting president of the Western and Mid Europe Diocese of the BOC he is expressing the wishes of all participants in the sobor of his diocese including all the priests which have come to Rome to "express to the pope their desire for union, because he is also the bishop of Rome, the host city of their assembly / sobor."

The fact that Bishop Tihon dares to talk about a unia with the pope not only on behalf of the diocesan priests but also as an acting president of a diocese of the BOC, has rightly made an impression on the RC that the BOC is ready to take such steps.  At the same time we are reminding that the BOC several years ago totally withdrew from the official Orthodox - catholic dialog with the argument that it will not lead to closer ties between the two churches.  Although the Bulgarian media publicized the above incident, as of yet there has been no reaction from the leadership of the BOC to distance itself from Tihon.  Clergy and laity from the US, Canada, and Australia diocese have expressed their strong concern about the media reports and have sought the opinion of Metr Joseph (Metr of America, Canada and Australia).

============================

Orthodoc

Oh Lord, Save thy people and bless thine inheritance.
Grant victory to the Orthodox Christians over their adversaries.
And by virtue of thy Cross preserve thy habitation.
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 06:16:05 PM »

Ew. This video made me sick to my stomach.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: