OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 01:44:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This site causes me to lose sleep!  (Read 614 times) Average Rating: 0
DeeperFaith
Seeking a deeper knowledge of God

Faith: Christian

« on: July 14, 2010, 02:34:12 AM »

Because after my daughter goes to bed (and the house is quiet) I come here and read read read. It's almost 1:30 am and I have a lot to do tomorrow!

On a serious note, I do sincerely appreciate this site. You all have answered many questions for me, some of which I didn't know I had, and most of which were asked previously by other posters. I appreciate how respectful most posts are and I do have to say, something that turned my head toward learning about Orthodoxy was the gentleness of two Orthodox women I know from another website. One of these ladies sent me an OSB. I was so touched by her generous gesture. Before that, I was completely ignorant of what Orthodoxy is (I'm still pretty ignorant, but I ain't what I used to be!) and considered it just part of RCC.

So, thank you.  Smiley
kansas city

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 02:44:41 AM »

Glory to God
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 03:54:58 AM »

I know what you mean. I have to take vacations that last months from the forum, just to keep my sanity  Tongue

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
Thankful
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 02:15:51 PM »

Yes! I hear you.  Grin

I read a ton online when I was first learning about Orthodoxy (as well as ordered numerous books via inter-library loan).  At some point take the plunge!  Visit an Orthodox church -- you have to come and see to truly comprehend the vast richness of the faith. 

EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 04:44:58 PM »

Glory to God!  That is a refreshing thing to hear!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: