OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 23, 2014, 07:22:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: singles?  (Read 12186 times) Average Rating: 0
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2011, 02:21:50 AM »

Sorry ladies, I am too charming and good-looking to go through the effort of some online courtship.

However, if you:

Are Attractive (not "internet attractive").
Are Independently Wealthy.
Have a sense of humor so blue it is black.
And enjoy being around a curmudgeon in public who everyone thinks is an  . . ., but at home you know I cater to those greatest in need (you might a have the occasional schizophrenic, or prostitute, or drug addict  as a house guest) and have the affection and innocence of a child.

I don't like walks on the beach. I don't get amped about the meeting of water and sand.

I'll weep during chick flick in public.
I can cripple pretty much anyone who could cause you harm.

And I probably have more jackets and shoes than you do.

If this is the love connection you have been looking for:

Shoot me an email with a head shot and summary of your financials.

I hope my inbox will able to handle all the traffic.

Gradually fading away on a strict punishment schedule.
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2011, 04:06:43 AM »

Everytime I hear that song, I remember this now:

LOL FOREVER and Ever

Forgive my sins.
akimori makoto
正義の剣
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2011, 04:36:02 AM »

The only romantic action I have had recently was when the fifteen year old work experience girl developed a crush on me and posted about it on facebook.

Kill me now.

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
Poppy
OC.net guru

Faith: Muslim
Jurisdiction: Hanbali fiqh

onlytwatsusetwitter
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2011, 08:40:51 AM »

Ok so the women can see what your about..... a random Q for you

Blokes...
Imagine you have a gf and your out on a date with her, some other girl walks by with some 'obvios attractive features' (haha... i don't want to get in trouble) and your gf catches you looking. What do you say to your gf because she is well vexed at you and running her mouth.

Pick the one closest to what youd say

(a) "sorry"

(b) "sorry, but...." 

(c) "I was looking just to make sure i got the best deal and i did"

(d) "Look gf, we live in a world full of "attractive features" and i am a hetro male and unless i am mistaken i am not dead, so as much as i try not to look, there will be times when i might.... so get over yourself and let me deal with it my way and just trust me and stop judging me and get on with dealing with your own self....ie: insecurity!!!"

(e) Lie - "I wasn't looking, you just looked up at the moment my eyes was looking in that general direction."

Asteriktos
Protostrator

Faith: Like an arrow to the knee

Happy 450th birthday, Mr. Shakespeare!

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2011, 12:52:06 PM »

Blokes...
Imagine you have a gf and your out on a date with her, some other girl walks by with some 'obvios attractive features' (haha... i don't want to get in trouble) and your gf catches you looking. What do you say to your gf because she is well vexed at you and running her mouth.

What if my girlfriend was not only not mad at me, but actually was looking at the girl before I was, enjoyed looking at her more, and then was looking long after I had looked away? Should I be mad? angel
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2011, 01:01:50 PM »

I think you need to reconsider this line because most women do NOT want to share their closets.  Grin

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2011, 01:03:26 PM »

The only romantic action I have had recently was when the fifteen year old work experience girl developed a crush on me and posted about it on facebook.

Kill me now.
At one point, a kindergartner (I used to volunteer at an after-school program), told me that he was madly in love with me, brought flowers, and proposed to me. I was single, very single at the time. I was like, "Can you please go out there and tell men about how awesome I am? Thanks."

--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
thefizzle656

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2011, 01:07:29 PM »

22 and single for just over a year now. Dated a girl on-and-off for seven years. I'm glad to say I have friends to spend time with, and work/hobbies to busy myself, but...still lonely sometimes. I've always wanted to be a good husband/father. I'd say it's in the top three, easy, of life goals to accomplish. Long-distance relationship is how my last relationship went, but, the post about the Ukrainian niece, you know the year-old post up there, did catch my eye for a second, lol. Tongue

Haha, same.  I'm 23 and single and have never had a girlfriend, not even before I became Orthodox.

Wow and I thought I was the only one!  I'm 25, and never really did the whole "dating" scene.. -- struggled with self esteem issues a lot, but even now that I'm over that, I'm still just not interested.  I sort of feel like because everybody else around me is dating, getting married, or having kids -- I must be the oddball for not doing the same.  I don't really care to get to know most women beyond anything other than just being a friend.. -- it would be nice to have a female companion of sorts, but at the same time.. I wonder if something like that is really for me.  Or, maybe I should just become a priest.. and then maybe a monk..

I myself don't want to remain single.  I would really like to meet a girl and get married and the whole thing but a) I'm not and have never been good with girls and b) would only be interested in somebody who is Orthodox, which seems to pretty tough to find these days.  But, I figure that if God intends for me to get married then the girl is out there, I just have to pray and wait for Him to get us together.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2011, 02:14:50 PM »

OK, it sounds like there are a lot of slouches around here.

No fear. After I return from carousing with about 20 women I have never met (watching the Women's World Cup Final with a University Women's soccer team), it looks like I am going to have to help my fellow man with a tips and advice thread about meeting women and more importantly not walking around in a constant state of frustration and lack of confidence.

EDIT: If you are chronically alone, please don't use the God's plan card.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 02:18:20 PM by orthonorm » Logged

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2011, 02:16:52 PM »

I think you need to reconsider this line because most women do NOT want to share their closets.  Grin

I put out so much ammo to be insulted with . . .  You could have gone with the obvious "closet" double entendre to suggest a slight confusion about my sexuality.

Asteriktos
Protostrator

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2011, 02:21:44 PM »

OK, it sounds like there are a lot of slouches around here.

No fear. After I return from carousing with about 20 women I have never met (watching the Women's World Cup Final with a University Women's soccer team), it looks like I am going to have to help my fellow man with a tips and advice thread about meeting women and more importantly not walking around in a constant state of frustration and lack of confidence.

What do you mean? I have profiles on several online dating sites! What more can be done?  Tongue
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2011, 02:22:01 PM »

I put out so much ammo to be insulted with . . .  You could have gone with the obvious "closet" double entendre to suggest a slight confusion about my sexuality.

But that would have been sooooo expected.

--
--
Tikhon29605
High Elder

May I become Thy Tabernacle through Communion.

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2011, 02:33:30 PM »

Some of us like being single.  I like it a lot.  I used to think about becoming a monk, but the monasteries I have contacted have told me that really aren't eager to accept candidates over 40. I seem to baffle some people at work, who think everyone must be married to be normal and happy. I'd rather be single and be content with it than be stuck in a bad marriage or relationship.
Wyatt
Archon

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2011, 02:42:20 PM »

22 and single for just over a year now. Dated a girl on-and-off for seven years. I'm glad to say I have friends to spend time with, and work/hobbies to busy myself, but...still lonely sometimes. I've always wanted to be a good husband/father. I'd say it's in the top three, easy, of life goals to accomplish. Long-distance relationship is how my last relationship went, but, the post about the Ukrainian niece, you know the year-old post up there, did catch my eye for a second, lol. Tongue

Haha, same.  I'm 23 and single and have never had a girlfriend, not even before I became Orthodox.

Wow and I thought I was the only one!  I'm 25, and never really did the whole "dating" scene.. -- struggled with self esteem issues a lot, but even now that I'm over that, I'm still just not interested.  I sort of feel like because everybody else around me is dating, getting married, or having kids -- I must be the oddball for not doing the same.  I don't really care to get to know most women beyond anything other than just being a friend.. -- it would be nice to have a female companion of sorts, but at the same time.. I wonder if something like that is really for me.  Or, maybe I should just become a priest.. and then maybe a monk..
I'm 23 and have never dated either. In high school I had several friends who were female, but I never had a girlfriend. Since graduating high school, I have sort of become more introverted. I notice that I am not really meeting new people that much, but mostly just hanging around with the same old friends that I made in high school (which is fine, but it doesn't help the girlfriend situation). I'm somewhat torn on how I feel about being single. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a girlfriend and eventually a wife, but other times I observe people who are married (such as some friends of mine who are a married couple) and see the way they gripe and bicker at each other constantly and it makes me feel like maybe I'm not missing much.

Plus I have a disability and that complicates things because I realize that, if I did date, I would be bringing a lot of baggage to a relationship as a result of that. Obviously, having me as a boyfriend or husband would be significantly different than having an able-bodied guy. I think that is a huge reason why it is hard for me to try. That and the fact that it would be hard for me to gauge whether a girl is dating me because she really likes me or if it's just because she pities me and feels stuck and unable to say no.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 02:45:26 PM by Wyatt » Logged
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2011, 02:44:48 PM »

Blokes...

(a) "sorry"

(b) "sorry, but...." 

(d) "Look gf, we live in a world full of "attractive features" and i am a hetro male and unless i am mistaken i am not dead, so as much as i try not to look, there will be times when i might.... so get over yourself and let me deal with it my way and just trust me and stop judging me and get on with dealing with your own self....ie: insecurity!!!"

(e) Lie - "I wasn't looking, you just looked up at the moment my eyes was looking in that general direction."

D then E followed by an immediate subject change.  

One day we will talk about why people fetishize children, but for now I'll keep on the side of humanity that doesn't think the height of life is a drinking a juice box and eating a tater tot while defecating in their pants.
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2011, 02:46:59 PM »

My husband says, "Your hair's pretty."  Roll Eyes

I always find myself now scoping out the women and trying to guess which one was going to catch his eye (hello, Insecurity 101). He now thinks that I'm looking at them for different reasons.

--
--
CRCulver
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Finland and Romanian Orthodox Church

St Stephen of Perm, missionary to speakers of Komi

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2011, 02:59:49 PM »

When I moved to an Orthodox country, I thought all my dating problems would be solved. Unfortunately, though there is an abundance of young single female devout Orthodox, in my experience they go rather too far to the opposite extreme. You meet a girl and then are aghast to find that she believes the bureaucrat hassle du jour is the Mark of the Beast, that our bishop can't be trusted and some rebellious priest from an obscure parish overrules him, and that by having friends from non-Orthodox ethnicities (the Hungarian and German minorities here are typically Catholic or Protestant) I am betraying Orthodoxy.
CBGardner
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

Ask w/ tears, seek w/ obedience, knock w/ patience

« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2011, 03:08:48 PM »

Blokes...

(a) "sorry"

(b) "sorry, but...." 

Ok when are the ladies going to understand that E is a real occurrence!? We're not lying. When something in your field of vision moves you focus on it. Sometimes that's another lady, sometimes it isn't anything. Same situation when you're texting/get a text. We don't care who it is or what you're saying, it just catches the eye. Whew, glad I got that off my chest; its only been 2 years in the making.

I'd be confident too if I had the wit and verbosity of Mr.orthonorm. I have no trouble believing he's a social butterfly outside of this site. Somethings just can't be learned  Undecided
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 03:09:28 PM by CBGardner » Logged

Authentic zeal is not directed towards anything but union in Christ, or against anything but our own fallenness.

"Beardliness is next to Godliness."- Asteriktos
Poppy
OC.net guru

onlytwatsusetwitter
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2011, 03:36:58 PM »

Blokes...

What if my girlfriend was not only not mad at me, but actually was looking at the girl before I was, enjoyed looking at her more, and then was looking long after I had looked away? Should I be mad? angel

haha.... alot of blokes would be thinking wa hay!! But you have to stay inside of your religion  Shocked Lips Sealed
Poppy
OC.net guru

onlytwatsusetwitter
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2011, 04:11:34 PM »

I always find myself now scoping out the women and trying to guess which one was going to catch his eye (hello, Insecurity 101). He now thinks that I'm looking at them for different reasons.

That don't seem like insecurity to me, it seems like realistic and openess. Making something less of a thing by being open about it or having a laugh about it takes the pressure off don't you think it does??
John Ward

Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Korea

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2011, 04:21:20 PM »

I used to think about becoming a monk, but the monasteries I have contacted have told me that really aren't eager to accept candidates over 40.

That's something that worries me. Right now, I'm praying that God will help me discern His will. Going into a monastery is a real possibility but I'll be in my mid-30s before that's a real option. I'm worried about how well that'll go. Not to mention unlearning the whole "I can do whatever I want because I'm a single guy out in the world" mentality. But, I guess if it's God's will, a door will be open and I'll just have to be smart enough to take it.
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2011, 04:47:20 PM »

That don't seem like insecurity to me, it seems like realistic and openess. Making something less of a thing by being open about it or having a laugh about it takes the pressure off don't you think it does??
Yeah, we actually do joke about it now. (We've had some issues on the past in both sides, but have dealt with them accordingly...not easy, BTW, not easy at all.) I am a pretty insecure person, though, especially when it comes to my looks. As a former anorexic who was diagnosed with a chronic illness and gained weight after...not secure at all.

--
--
Poppy
OC.net guru

onlytwatsusetwitter
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2011, 05:11:17 PM »

Yeah, we actually do joke about it now. (We've had some issues on the past in both sides, but have dealt with them accordingly...not easy, BTW, not easy at all.) I am a pretty insecure person, though, especially when it comes to my looks. As a former anorexic who was diagnosed with a chronic illness and gained weight after...not secure at all.
blimey thats rough. you have obviously worked thru a tonne of stuff then and have got strength and determination as a person which isn't easy, i know because i had to do similer graft as well. But i hope you are proud (in a good way) of who you are because i am of me and i think people should be when they have been through bumps and there spirit inside them isn't broken. I always tell myself that noone is going to tell me how i feel about myself...except ME haha....and so nothing can ever be taken from me then.
You sound like a amazing woman IsmiLiora
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2011, 10:35:31 AM »

error
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 10:36:39 AM by primuspilus » Logged

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great
Tikhon.of.Colorado
But you can call me Trevor.
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2011, 11:03:54 AM »

Kill me now.
At one point, a kindergartner (I used to volunteer at an after-school program), told me that he was madly in love with me, brought flowers, and proposed to me. I was single, very single at the time. I was like, "Can you please go out there and tell men about how awesome I am? Thanks."

lol!

Once, after mission vespers, my priest's family kindly took me out to dinner.  His 4 year old daughter asked me to be her boyfriend, and I didn't have the heart to say no  laugh

Maybe I'm posting, maybe I'm not.  Who knows...
gonefishing
Banned

Faith: None

« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2012, 07:30:59 PM »

You have to be in your 20s?  Ums-kay.  Where's the old people singles thread then?
casisthename

Faith: Converting to Orthodoxy

« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2012, 04:32:49 PM »

single , soon to be 21. Yes, I had the infamous conversion break up about a year and a half ago. Yes, young single Orthodox women exist. I find it funny how many Orthodox guys seem to think we're an endangered species...I sure haven't had any make any attempts though that could be because most of the guys at my church are already out of college.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2012, 05:02:51 PM »

single , soon to be 21. Yes, I had the infamous conversion break up about a year and a half ago. Yes, young single Orthodox women exist. I find it funny how many Orthodox guys seem to think we're an endangered species...I sure haven't had any make any attempts though that could be because most of the guys at my church are already out of college.

That's why they seem like they are an endangered species.  At my church one hasn't graduated high school and the other graduated college about when I graduated high school...not that I let that stop me from making the attempt on the older of the two!   Wink  The rest are married. 

Oh well, there are plenty of heretics out there, and if you want to meet someone who actually has a personality there are plenty of agnostics!

One day we will talk about why people fetishize children, but for now I'll keep on the side of humanity that doesn't think the height of life is a drinking a juice box and eating a tater tot while defecating in their pants.
JamesR
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2012, 05:16:25 PM »

Single hyperdox male, 16, from California. Extremely bigoted in his views that Protestantism is the source of all evil in the world. Currently unemployed living with parents in apartment, struggles with violent outbursts of Donald Duck-like rage from time to time. I'd say I'm a catch.

...that by having friends from non-Orthodox ethnicities...Protestant...I am betraying Orthodoxy.

They sound perfect for me! Finally someone who will appreciate my hyperdoxy!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 05:30:51 PM by JamesR » Logged

Wherever goes JamesR goes, he is there.
-Orthonorm
KBN1
High Elder

Faith: EO

« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2012, 06:55:07 PM »

32 and single.  Entirely my doing.  I've made peace with it mostly.  My brother-in-law's grandmother finds me to be "very handsome" so I have that going for me.
bytania

Faith: oriental Orthodox/non-chalcedonian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Archdiocese of North America

« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2012, 07:43:52 PM »

Wow...I am actually surprised by the number of 23 year olders hehehe! I too am single, 28 year old female, and I TOO have learnt my lesson to never ever date a non-orthodox Smiley. This year is the first time I've been single in the past 8 years, but I must say, as much as I HATE it, I definitely am learning a lot about myself and what I want.

Bytania

Do not want things to turn out as they seem best to you, but as God pleases. Then you will be free from confusion, and thankful in prayer.
~The Desert Fathers
Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2012, 07:53:56 PM »

Single hyperdox male, 16, from California. Extremely bigoted in his views that Protestantism is the source of all evil in the world. Currently unemployed living with parents in apartment, struggles with violent outbursts of Donald Duck-like rage from time to time. I'd say I'm a catch.
Serious or not but I seriously LOL'd

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2012, 03:21:43 AM »

Single. Late 20s. Getting to a point where I really want a serious relationship that can result in marriage in the next few years.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:41:51 AM by Anastasia1 » Logged

Therefore prepare yourself and arise, and speak to them all that I command you. Do not be dismayed before their faces, Lest I dismay you before them.  For behold, I have made you this day a fortified city and an iron pillar, and bronze walls against the whole land...
Asteriktos
Protostrator

« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2012, 07:07:03 AM »

Come back poppy! Please! Sad
Melodist
Archon

Faith: The Faith That Established The Universe
Jurisdiction: AOANA

« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2012, 07:52:28 PM »

Single. Late 20s. Getting to a point where I really want a serious relationship that can result in marriage in the next few years.

You close to Cininnati?

And FWIW, these are our Fathers too, you know.

Made Perfect in Weakness - Latest Post: The Son of God
Golgotha

« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2012, 09:01:22 PM »

American male order bridegroom here! I'm willing to learn Russian.
KBN1
High Elder

Faith: EO

« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2012, 10:21:50 PM »

You close to Cininnati?

I think she is closer to Ceaveland.
Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2012, 07:15:53 PM »

You close to Cininnati?

I'm a west coast girl.

Therefore prepare yourself and arise, and speak to them all that I command you. Do not be dismayed before their faces, Lest I dismay you before them.  For behold, I have made you this day a fortified city and an iron pillar, and bronze walls against the whole land...
Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2012, 08:09:27 PM »

You close to Cininnati?

I'm a worst coast girl.
Oh

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2012, 08:45:30 PM »

You close to Cininnati?

I'm a best coast girl.
Ooh!
Yep.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 08:45:42 PM by Anastasia1 » Logged

dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2012, 09:10:41 PM »

Haha. Nice edit, Anastasia.

I suppose I should post in this thread while I still can, since I'll be 30 in about a month.

Me: 29, very new to Orthodoxy (baptized in May), living in the desert paradise of Albuquerque NM for the next year or so while I write up a dissertation on Coptic language reform and related issues. Already learned and mostly forgot Russian. Willing to remember it again, though chances are it's less popular with Armenian women than it used to be, and I won't go EO for love. Smiley Also speak Spanish, and can probably manage enough Arabic on a good day to get into a hilarious misunderstanding-based fight with the wait staff at the local Middle Eastern restaurant. I like to cook and enjoy books on Church history and hagiographies, documentaries and pretentious foreign films.

You: Must love God and pugs. Everything else is negotiable.

This thread is a glorified singles classified section, isn't it? laugh

Asteriktos
Protostrator

« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2012, 09:12:51 PM »

I'm still single, so if any of you ladies are looking for an aging, balding, spiritually-confused, extremely poor student, I'm available!  Tongue

I'm no longer available, sorry to break it to you girls!
Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2012, 09:17:15 PM »

You close to Cininnati?

I'm a best coast girl.
Ooh!
Yep.
We have one thing in common already, our liking of Mou.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2012, 09:40:06 PM »

Haha. Nice edit, Anastasia.
Thanks.

I suppose I should post in this thread while I still can, since I'll be 30 in about a month.

Me: 29, very new to Orthodoxy (baptized in May), living in the desert paradise of Albuquerque NM for the next year or so while I write up a dissertation on Coptic language reform and related issues. Already learned and mostly forgot Russian. Willing to remember it again, though chances are it's less popular with Armenian women* than it used to be, and I won't go EO for love. Smiley Also speak Spanish, and can probably manage enough Arabic on a good day to get into a hilarious misunderstanding-based fight with the wait staff at the local Middle Eastern restaurant. I like to cook and enjoy books on Church history and hagiographies, documentaries and pretentious foreign films.

You: Must love God and pugs. Everything else is negotiable.
I had to laugh when I read pretentious foreign films.

This thread is a glorified singles classified section, isn't it? laugh
Oh please, honey, I would have sold myself a lot more if I was answering for a classified section here. Wink
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 09:58:03 PM by Anastasia1 » Logged

Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2012, 09:43:02 PM »

You close to Cininnati?

I'm a best coast girl.
Ooh!
Yep.
We have one thing in common already, our liking of Mou.
Yeah, but that alone does not make one a special one. Wink
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 09:58:48 PM by Anastasia1 » Logged

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: