Author Topic: singles?  (Read 102435 times)

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• A sinful servant of God
  • High Elder
  • Господи Иисусе Христе, Сыне Божий, помилуй мя
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate
Re: singles?
« Reply #675 on: June 19, 2018, 02:51:49 PM »
I'm not in a relationship and never will because Imma become a monk! :angel: :angel: :angel:

Gospodi pomului!

Kyrie Eleison!

Lord have mercy!
not every quiet man is humble but every humble man is quiet         st Isaac the Syrian

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Merarches
  • I was almost normal once, but I got better.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #676 on: June 19, 2018, 02:57:18 PM »
Enjoy being single! Do whatever you want, no mother-in-laws, no tiring children, nobody telling you what to do and to drink less  8). Sounds very, very promising to me. I feel a call to monastic life now that it is too late  ;)

Après le plaisir vient la peine, après la peine, la vertu. ;)

After pleasure comes pain, after pain, virtue.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline Ainnir

• Section Moderator
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #677 on: June 19, 2018, 03:01:44 PM »
Sounds like he'd like to just stop at the pleasure part... 
Everything is meaningless under the sun.
Is any of the above Orthodox?  I have no clue, so there's that.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #678 on: June 19, 2018, 03:11:02 PM »
Nice that it turned out just fine to you, but I guess I would have a very hard time coping with some points, plus if it's incredibly hard for someone trying to live a Christian life to remain chaste, let alone someone not trying to. Not to mention traditional Orthodox teaching.

Enjoy being single! Do whatever you want, no mother-in-laws, no tiring children, nobody telling you what to do and to drink less  8) . Sounds very, very promising to me. I feel a call to monastic life now that it is too late  ;)
S'klingt mir gut aus. (Sounds good to me.)  8)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 03:11:12 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Anyhow when God was asked he said Eastern Orthodox is true Church and not Catholic Church. So come home and enjoy.

Offline Lepanto

• Elder
  • Faith: Roman Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Munich and Freising
« Reply #679 on: June 19, 2018, 04:26:41 PM »
Nice that it turned out just fine to you, but I guess I would have a very hard time coping with some points, plus if it's incredibly hard for someone trying to live a Christian life to remain chaste, let alone someone not trying to. Not to mention traditional Orthodox teaching.

Enjoy being single! Do whatever you want, no mother-in-laws, no tiring children, nobody telling you what to do and to drink less  8) . Sounds very, very promising to me. I feel a call to monastic life now that it is too late  ;)
S'klingt mir gut aus. (Sounds good to me.)  8)
One would rather say: Hört sich gut an.
una cum famulo tuo Papa nostro et Antistite nostro et omnibus orthodoxis atque catholicæ et apostolicæ fidei cultoribus

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to FOCOF
« Reply #680 on: June 19, 2018, 04:39:59 PM »
Yeah, we're talking about a multilingual scholar and you want to pair her with a monosyllabic truck nuts enthusiast?

Thank you for saying that more rudely than i was trying.....

If she comes to the US, she needs to go to seminary etc.....ie find a scholar or a future priest.....

New York it is, then!

I need to make a longer visit than the 1st time in st. Vladimir's then ;)

DO IT
Mor Ephrem is a nice guy.  Just say sorry and it will all be ok. Say I had things that were inside troubling me but I didn't know how to express appropriately. I will not behave that way again but I am seeking help.

thank you so much Mor ephrem you are a hero!

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #681 on: June 19, 2018, 04:41:53 PM »
Yeah, we're talking about a multilingual scholar and you want to pair her with a monosyllabic truck nuts enthusiast?

Thank you for saying that more rudely than i was trying.....

If she comes to the US, she needs to go to seminary etc.....ie find a scholar or a future priest.....

New York it is, then!

I need to make a longer visit than the 1st time in st. Vladimir's then ;)

DO IT

That will be $15 dollars.....
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline Brilko

• Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: ?
« Reply #682 on: June 19, 2018, 07:41:17 PM »
To make you holler....

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #683 on: June 19, 2018, 11:16:56 PM »
JUST... DO IT.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Anyhow when God was asked he said Eastern Orthodox is true Church and not Catholic Church. So come home and enjoy.

Offline Sharbel

• Glory to God in all things!
  • OC.net guru
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Metropolis of Denver
« Reply #684 on: June 20, 2018, 12:02:00 AM »
but texas.....
Isn't that your jurisdiction?  Wait...
Sanctus Deus
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ
Άγιος ο Θεός

Offline Justin Kolodziej

• High Elder
  • St. John Koukouzeles
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Atlanta
« Reply #685 on: June 20, 2018, 12:31:44 AM »
Even though I'm no longer Catholic I still feel like I'm in "canonically separated with the bond remaining limbo"... monks do not pay child support, and another marriage with the potential for more kids seems unfair to the first 3. Not to mention I might fail just as hard the second time.
Quote from: Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica
Only one person who is prayerfully connected to God is needed, and we will have peace everywhere -- in the family, at work, in the government, and everywhere.

Offline Justin Kolodziej

• High Elder
  • St. John Koukouzeles
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Atlanta
« Reply #686 on: June 20, 2018, 12:33:53 AM »
but texas.....
Isn't that your jurisdiction?  Wait...
There's Austin. Apparently it's barely tolerated by regular Texans  ;D
Quote from: Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica
Only one person who is prayerfully connected to God is needed, and we will have peace everywhere -- in the family, at work, in the government, and everywhere.

Offline Sharbel

• OC.net guru
« Reply #687 on: June 20, 2018, 12:38:40 AM »
There's Austin. Apparently it's barely tolerated by regular Texans  ;D
If Texas were a country, I'd love to become a Texan citizen, live in Austin and have a pet jackalope.

Viva the Republic of Texas!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:39:24 AM by Sharbel »
Sanctus Deus
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ
Άγιος ο Θεός

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
« Reply #688 on: June 24, 2018, 05:10:40 PM »
Texas gusy, at least in this cow auction, don't look (and sound), so bad:
https://www.facebook.com/ruliwli/videos/1862856420599194/?hc_ref=ARSS-BvGN2XIqicjo1Bv_1g-OVLWWCSK5sgNNii76ZBQDfs74bUORNKrifesUjus8NU

Still, better than a Polish Orthodox peasant.
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• High Elder
« Reply #689 on: June 24, 2018, 05:16:06 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/ruliwli/videos/1862856420599194/?hc_ref=ARSS-BvGN2XIqicjo1Bv_1g-OVLWWCSK5sgNNii76ZBQDfs74bUORNKrifesUjus8NU

i pray you are not a peasant (i know your not because you have internet)
not every quiet man is humble but every humble man is quiet         st Isaac the Syrian

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #690 on: June 24, 2018, 05:17:22 PM »

i pray you are not a peasant (i know your not because you have internet)

Actually, Internet is full of them.
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #691 on: June 24, 2018, 06:19:14 PM »
Nika, if I moved to Poland, would you find me a Polish Orthodox peasant to marry? Female, though.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #692 on: June 24, 2018, 06:39:00 PM »
Nika, if I moved to Poland, would you find me a Polish Orthodox peasant to marry? Female, though.
Unfortunately, Polish Orthodox women seem to be more ambitious. But there is a chance. Under the condition you give me a camel without mahr.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #693 on: June 24, 2018, 06:47:32 PM »
Unfortunately, Polish Orthodox women seem to be more ambitious.

Can’t blame them for wanting Mor...
Mor Ephrem is a nice guy.  Just say sorry and it will all be ok. Say I had things that were inside troubling me but I didn't know how to express appropriately. I will not behave that way again but I am seeking help.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #694 on: June 24, 2018, 07:21:36 PM »
Unfortunately, Polish Orthodox women seem to be more ambitious. But there is a chance. Under the condition you give me a camel without mahr.
Camels are short here, can we exchange that for a dozen of capybaras? They're very mild animals and you seem athletic, I'm sure you can mount on them.

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• High Elder
« Reply #695 on: June 24, 2018, 07:23:23 PM »
Camels are short here, can we exchange that for a dozen of capybaras? They're very mild animals and you seem athletic, I'm sure you can mount on them.

if Poland doesn't work out you can always choose Russia we have the most beautiful woman (actually Ukrainian woman look quite nice but a Russian would never say that!)

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #696 on: June 24, 2018, 07:26:28 PM »

There should be a project "Polish-Indian" friendship. Or instead of a popular tv show here "Rolnik szuka żony" ("Farmer is looking for a wife"; there has been at least one Orthodox participant there), "Mor szuka żony" ("Mor is looking for a wife").
Also, st. Vladimir should prepare some scholarchips for Polish Orthodox CHBM (Chcę być matuszką - I want to be a priest wife).

I LOVE capybaras, so we have a deal.
BTW, I'm not so atheletic, at least last 2 years, poor condition except for walking (even many) kilometres...

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #697 on: June 24, 2018, 07:31:09 PM »
if Poland doesn't work out you can always choose Russia we have the most beautiful woman (actually Ukrainian woman look quite nice but a Russian would never say that!)
I always found Venezuela to have the most gorgeous women worldwide, but Slavs are quite as beautiful, plus nicer and nowadays probably less Communist.

I LOVE capybaras, so we have a deal.
BTW, I'm not so atheletic, at least last 2 years, poor condition except for walking (even many) kilometres...
Okay, I'm heading to the nearest mangrove.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 07:33:12 PM by RaphaCam »

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #698 on: June 24, 2018, 08:24:22 PM »

There should be a project "Polish-Indian" friendship. Or instead of a popular tv show here "Rolnik szuka żony" ("Farmer is looking for a wife"; there has been at least one Orthodox participant there), "Mor szuka żony" ("Mor is looking for a wife").

Be honest: would there even be participants other than me?  :P

Also, st. Vladimir should prepare some scholarchips for Polish Orthodox CHBM (Chcę być matuszką - I want to be a priest wife).

I'll endow it with my tithes!

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Censer-following zapivka-dipper
« Reply #699 on: June 24, 2018, 08:27:24 PM »
10%, mind you.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #700 on: June 24, 2018, 08:39:54 PM »
I'm sure there would be Mor.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #701 on: June 24, 2018, 08:44:46 PM »

As for tv show, it wouldn't be a contest for your, but for Polish Orthodox ladies ;>

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #702 on: June 24, 2018, 08:46:32 PM »

I already said "other than me".  :P

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #703 on: June 24, 2018, 08:46:51 PM »

As for tv show, it wouldn't be a contest for your, but for Polish Orthodox ladies ;>

I'd pay to watch that show!

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #704 on: June 24, 2018, 08:53:37 PM »

Who needs Mor than Mor?

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #705 on: June 24, 2018, 08:56:37 PM »

Who needs Mor than Mor?

I, for one. 

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #706 on: June 24, 2018, 08:57:04 PM »

Who needs Mor than Mor?

Ladies that would participate in the show, as the winner can be only one. Can you imagine those tears of the loosers? They would be worse than after today's match of Poland.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #707 on: June 24, 2018, 08:59:12 PM »

Who needs Mor than Mor?

Ladies that would participate in the show, as the winner can be only one. Can you imagine those tears of the loosers? They would be worse than after today's match of Poland.

Like I said, I would pay to watch this show...

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #708 on: June 25, 2018, 09:18:59 AM »
May all of you receive the partner you need...not the partner you want.
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #709 on: June 25, 2018, 01:17:35 PM »
And that we may be the partners that are needed...

Offline Ainnir

• Section Moderator
  • OC.net guru
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #710 on: June 25, 2018, 01:28:39 PM »
And may you want the partner you need.
Is any of the above Orthodox?  I have no clue, so there's that.

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• High Elder
« Reply #711 on: June 25, 2018, 01:29:19 PM »
lord just give these people there partners!

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
  • Faith: GOAA
  • Jurisdiction: Antonis said I'm not Christian, so...
« Reply #712 on: June 25, 2018, 02:46:51 PM »
And may you want the partner you need.

Amen.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

And you'll sleep, but they'll find you

Come back my dream into my arms, into my arms

London is drowning, and I live by the river

https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #713 on: June 29, 2018, 05:05:04 PM »
And my deacon friend from another city hasn't found anybody for me to be a partner at the wedding of my friend... :(

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #714 on: June 29, 2018, 05:19:29 PM »
Jimmy the altar server wasn't in church this morning, so I couldn't ask him out.

Sigh. I'll wait 'til next time.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #715 on: June 29, 2018, 06:52:34 PM »
And my deacon friend from another city hasn't found anybody for me to be a partner at the wedding of my friend... :(

When’s the wedding?

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #716 on: June 29, 2018, 07:15:15 PM »
Jimmy the altar server wasn't in church this morning, so I couldn't ask him out.

Good luck, and whatever happens good on you for putting yourself out there :)

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #717 on: June 29, 2018, 09:41:47 PM »

Good luck, and whatever happens good on you for putting yourself out there :)

Thanks, very kind of you.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #718 on: June 30, 2018, 01:02:50 AM »
There's a nice girl in college. I've known her for years, but started seeing her with other eyes very recently. :angel: I'll keep trying to notice the body language and maybe ask her out. Let's hope she's that nice.

Offline Sharbel

• OC.net guru
« Reply #719 on: June 30, 2018, 02:31:49 AM »
There's a nice girl in college. I've known her for years, but started seeing her with other eyes very recently. :angel: I'll keep trying to notice the body language and maybe ask her out. Let's hope she's that nice.
Has clubbing and dragging them to the cave fallen in disuse?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 02:37:08 AM by Sharbel »
Sanctus Deus
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ
Άγιος ο Θεός