Author Topic: singles?  (Read 88425 times)

Offline Čtec

• Faith: Orthodox
Re: singles?
« Reply #585 on: March 26, 2018, 07:26:26 PM »
In greek we call it. Exogamo. Marrying outside your village and edogamo. Marring within your village. Most greeks these days tend to move to Athens.  To become more main steam, or in favor of city life. Most women that is. Because a lot of these villages are full of single men. The woman are all gone, in favor of living a city life. They want malls, high end shoes, they want to look good. The Kardashian affect.

Come to any Serbian village, all you can see is men slowly walking like zombies, while in cities women clean toilets and dive their hair wanting to be Slavic again.
"On Mount Konjuh the wind blows, sings. The leafs chant sad songs. Maples and frasers! Pines and birches are swinging together.
The night has put all forest in to black. Mount Konjuh roars, rocks are breaking!
Dead comrade, Pustinja's miner,  being buried by the company of proleters"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyzGJMbHg0E

Offline Čtec

« Reply #586 on: March 26, 2018, 07:29:12 PM »
I have asked my father (he lives in a village) to find me a wife, but we concluded all of them are more or less pagans. I also asked him to give me money to buy a wife in Albania, but he still hates their kind too much.

Good Lord.

We are not all Americans, let us have our way of life too.

Buying people is illegal in America.

I have already explained it, you don't really buy a person. 
"On Mount Konjuh the wind blows, sings. The leafs chant sad songs. Maples and frasers! Pines and birches are swinging together.
The night has put all forest in to black. Mount Konjuh roars, rocks are breaking!

Offline Čtec

« Reply #587 on: March 26, 2018, 07:32:07 PM »
Women are too cool to live in a village because they are less hairy.

Offline Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • Delete
« Reply #588 on: March 26, 2018, 07:32:34 PM »
In greek we call it. Exogamo. Marrying outside your village and edogamo. Marring within your village. Most greeks these days tend to move to Athens.  To become more main steam, or in favor of city life. Most women that is. Because a lot of these villages are full of single men. The woman are all gone, in favor of living a city life. They want malls, high end shoes, they want to look good. The Kardashian affect.

Come to any Serbian village, all you can see is men slowly walking like zombies, while in cities women clean toilets and dive their hair wanting to be Slavic again.
Its common.  A woman would rather have a rich man. Than a man with a big ego and a bunch of sheep.

-Antonis
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 07:41:35 PM by Antonis »

Offline Čtec

« Reply #589 on: March 26, 2018, 07:34:57 PM »
Sex is sweet, pork is sweet, but nothing is more sweet than hating women.

Offline Antonis

• Μέγα το Θαύμα!
  • Section Moderator
  • Archon
  • Faith: GOAA
  • Jurisdiction: Biro said I wasnt human till birth so...
« Reply #590 on: March 26, 2018, 07:37:41 PM »
Thread locked pending moderatorial review.
How has Antonis not become an Old Calendarist yet?
I thought he had, a few posts ago.

"I hate the poor." --Mor Ephrem

"This is the one from the beginning, who seemed to be new, yet was found to be ancient and always young, being born in the hearts of the saints."
Letter to Diognetus 11.4

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Merarches
  • Care to join me in a maniacal laughter?
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #591 on: April 13, 2018, 10:02:03 AM »
Unlocked. Do behave in a way that would not drive away any potential life partners.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #592 on: April 13, 2018, 10:05:35 AM »
I have asked my father (he lives in a village) to find me a wife, but we concluded all of them are more or less pagans. I also asked him to give me money to buy a wife in Albania, but he still hates their kind too much.

Good Lord.

We are not all Americans, let us have our way of life too.

Buying people is illegal in America.

I have already explained it, you don't really buy a person.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/zmebnw/the-rural-villages-where-men-buy-their-brides

All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Faith: Finnish Orthodox
« Reply #593 on: April 13, 2018, 03:25:43 PM »
^Thanks. Super interesting. Completely opposite of how my cultural sphere acts.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #594 on: April 13, 2018, 03:57:37 PM »

other than the cross culture/country aspects of it....i am sure its pretty much how my grandparents and great grandparents were decided on....parents and others having a much larger say in things.....
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #595 on: April 13, 2018, 04:42:36 PM »

other than the cross culture/country aspects of it....i am sure its pretty much how my grandparents and great grandparents were decided on....parents and others having a much larger say in things.....

And then there was all this weirdness in Merry Old England.
It's the double-edged sword of being lazy and being bored.- Reliant K

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Faith: Finnish Orthodox
« Reply #596 on: April 14, 2018, 08:36:21 AM »

Migh have been how it happened around here a hundred or two years ago. Still I have no contact with that kind of lifestyle. That makes the article interesting.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #597 on: April 14, 2018, 06:41:19 PM »
Personally, I wouldn't object if my parents or somebody else tried to find a wife for me (as long as both her and I had veto power, though my list of "deal breakers" is personally pretty short- interpret that as desperation if you like). In fact, it would be kind of nice to not have so much pressure to try and find someone and ask them out.

There's just no real infrastructure for it here in WASPland and even if there was, I'd hate to see it take on grossly commercial dimensions.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 06:42:34 PM by Volnutt »
It's the double-edged sword of being lazy and being bored.- Reliant K

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things