Author Topic: singles?  (Read 82609 times)

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Partially-overlapping
Re: singles?
« Reply #495 on: February 11, 2018, 06:09:07 PM »
I've been in touch over a few months with a Polish Orthodox guy, being a convert, knowledgeable, handsome, but I'm "too liebral for him", despite the fact that I "attract him both physically and intelectually".
You make it sound like you are, to use an American expression, dodging a lot of bullets.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 06:10:36 PM by NicholasMyra »
Quote from: Fr. Thomas Hopko, dystopian parable of the prodigal son
...you can imagine so-called healing services of the pigpen. The books that could be written, you know: Life in the Pigpen. How to Cope in the Pigpen. Being Happy in the Pigpen. Surviving in the Pigpen. And then there could be counselling, for people who feel unhappy in the pigpen, to try to get them to come to terms with the pigpen, and to accept the pigpen.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #496 on: February 12, 2018, 01:06:13 AM »
You make it sound like you are, to use an American expression, dodging a lot of bullets.
I learned this expression when I broke up with my Muslim GF. There are too many people out there who seem to be "the ones", but in fact are far from this. I'm sure Dominika will find her proper Domeniko some day.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 01:07:50 AM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Anyhow when God was asked he said Eastern Orthodox is true Church and not Catholic Church. So come home and enjoy.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
« Reply #497 on: February 12, 2018, 08:47:26 AM »
Thank you Arachne for this post :)

I learned this expression when I broke up with my Muslim GF. There are too many people out there who seem to be "the ones", but in fact are far from this. I'm sure Dominika will find her proper Domeniko some day.
So, now that's me that have learnt this expression ;) We say in Polish something similar, but the meaning is quite different.
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #498 on: February 12, 2018, 09:16:16 PM »
So, now that's me that have learnt this expression ;) We say in Polish something similar, but the meaning is quite different.
I've heard, in Portuguese, "jumping a bonfire". Probably a reference to St. John's celebrations I've posted about here some time ago.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Anyhow when God was asked he said Eastern Orthodox is true Church and not Catholic Church. So come home and enjoy.

Offline MariaJLM

• Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada
« Reply #499 on: Yesterday at 12:36:02 AM »
5. And I do not feel any voation to the monastery. Futhermore, my priest, that used to think that maybe being a nun is my path, now considers that's not an option for me; so only marriage. But frankly spekaing, it's hard to not loose hope regarding this.

What about just remaining single and celibate? Is that an option for you?

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #500 on: Yesterday at 01:18:22 AM »
5. And I do not feel any voation to the monastery. Futhermore, my priest, that used to think that maybe being a nun is my path, now considers that's not an option for me; so only marriage. But frankly spekaing, it's hard to not loose hope regarding this.

She should be neither.
Mor Ephrem is a nice guy.  Just say sorry and it will all be ok. Say I had things that were inside troubling me but I didn't know how to express appropriately. I will not behave that way again but I am seeking help.

Offline MariaJLM

• Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada
« Reply #501 on: Yesterday at 02:04:37 AM »

She should be neither.

That's up to her. It sounds like she wants to marry, but things are simply not working out. Perhaps there's a reason for that, idk.

Offline LauraE

• Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Romania
« Reply #502 on: Yesterday at 04:14:22 AM »
Hey! Newish here.

Single as well, 26F. It can be hard, especially when all you're friends are married and starting families.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #503 on: Yesterday at 09:13:28 AM »

She should be neither.

That's up to her. It sounds like she wants to marry, but things are simply not working out. Perhaps there's a reason for that, idk.

It was a compliment, not spiritual advice.
Mor Ephrem is a nice guy.  Just say sorry and it will all be ok. Say I had things that were inside troubling me but I didn't know how to express appropriately. I will not behave that way again but I am seeking help.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #504 on: Yesterday at 09:14:23 AM »
Hey! Newish here.

Single as well, 26F. It can be hard, especially when all you're friends are married and starting families.

Welcome!

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
  • Jurisdiction: The thrilling romance of Holy Orthodoxy
« Reply #505 on: Yesterday at 09:18:22 AM »
Hey! Newish here.

It won't be hard now after this post, ask Mor Ephrem to give you more storage space in your PM box.
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Modernist thinking and being consists of nothing but uncritical acceptance.

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #506 on: Yesterday at 09:22:08 AM »
Hey! Newish here.

Welcome to the forum, LauraE!

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #507 on: Yesterday at 10:27:39 AM »
It won't be hard now after this post, ask Mor Ephrem to give you more storage space in your PM box.

You make this comment every time you have the opportunity. ??? I'm not sure what you, normie, etc. were up to in the old days*, but I wouldn't assume that things are the same in 2018.

*Ok, I know in part--I'm trying to be polite
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:28:14 AM by Asteriktos »

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
  • Faith: GOAA
  • Jurisdiction: Antonis said I'm not Christian, so...
« Reply #508 on: Yesterday at 12:46:34 PM »
Hey! Newish here.

Hi.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

He said he had a horrible house
I looked in it and learnt to shut my mouth

Come back my dream into my arms, into my arms