OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 06:03:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: singles?  (Read 14637 times) Average Rating: 0
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

When in doubt, say: "you lack the proper φρόνημα"

« Reply #180 on: February 26, 2013, 04:13:29 PM »

I'm not too picky; I just want an Orthodox woman who sees me as God in her eyes and will submit to me and obey everything I say.

/misogynist redneck
James, you're a swell human, I am sure you will find a nice, submissive helpmeet quasi-human to lead someday.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 04:13:43 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2013, 04:27:21 PM »

I wouldn't mind marrying a Vietnamese woman; judging from my experience with them, they're some of the most submissive, kind and reliable women I have ever met.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
sheenj
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...

« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2013, 04:32:19 PM »

I wouldn't mind marrying a Vietnamese woman; judging from my experience with them, they're some of the most submissive, kind and reliable women I have ever met.

Plus, she'll love you long time!
I'll see myself out now.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 04:32:42 PM by sheenj » Logged
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #183 on: February 26, 2013, 04:35:14 PM »

I'm not too picky; I just want an Orthodox woman who sees me as God in her eyes and will submit to me and obey everything I say.

/misogynist redneck
James, you're a swell human, I am sure you will find a nice, submissive helpmeet quasi-human to lead someday.

James, you are one of a kind! Don't eva change!

Enjoy being single singular for forever.

<3

othornorm 2013!!!!!!

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #184 on: February 26, 2013, 04:36:49 PM »

JamesR, I think I can speak from experience if I say women don't appreciate remarks like that.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 04:36:55 PM by Cyrillic » Logged

"And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin
is pride that apes humility."
-Samuel Coleridge
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #185 on: February 26, 2013, 04:36:58 PM »

I feel like ethnicity probably isn't something that should be among your first considerations.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #186 on: February 26, 2013, 04:47:10 PM »

I feel like ethnicity probably isn't something that should be among your first considerations.

Why not? Second to religion, I don't see why it shouldn't. You could infer a lot about what a person's personality and behavior will probably be like due to their ethnicity. This is one of the reasons why I would always take an Asian or Hispanic woman over a White or Black woman (no offense to them, they're just not my type).

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #187 on: February 26, 2013, 04:52:46 PM »

Why not? Second to religion, I don't see why it shouldn't. You could infer a lot about what a person's personality and behavior will probably be like due to their ethnicity. This is one of the reasons why I would always take an Asian or Hispanic woman over a White or Black woman (no offense to them, they're just not my type).

Enjoy!*

*Sorry Isa, I know this is your territory, so to speak, and I don't pretend to begin to even rise to the lowest contour line of your greatness.

dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #188 on: February 26, 2013, 04:57:58 PM »

I didn't know you had so many choices, James. Of course there's nothing wrong with having preferences, but I hope they're not based on stereotypes of how someone will or should act because of their race or background. (Which, frankly, I don't know how they couldn't be, because "Asian", "Black", "White", "Hispanic", etc. aren't personality or behavioral types.)

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #189 on: February 26, 2013, 05:02:16 PM »

They're cute alright, but don't ever tick them off!

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #190 on: February 26, 2013, 05:05:21 PM »

...because "Asian", "Black", "White", "Hispanic", etc. aren't personality or behavioral types.)

I highly disagree with you, but out of respect, I'll take what you've said into consideration.

dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #191 on: February 26, 2013, 05:13:55 PM »

Well, maybe I could explain myself a little better, too. My point isn't that you can't say that such-and-such a people are a certain way based on your experience with members of that cultural/ethnic/whatever group, but that being able to do that doesn't mean that subsequent people you meet from the group should conform to that way of acting. I've known Asians who were submissive, but many others who weren't. It's really only an issue anyway if people start thinking "I want a wife/husband of X background because people of X background are _____ (some stereotype)". which unfortunately seems pretty common, and not limited to dating, either (e.g., my grandmother, Hispanic, complained that African American nurses at the recovery center she stayed at after shoulder surgery were not good people, and she would rather have a Hispanic nurse because "we know how to treat our old people"...and then she'd wink at me like we had some sort of special racist decoder ring bond or something...ugh. This is not a good way to relate to people, is all I mean.)

Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #192 on: February 26, 2013, 05:14:15 PM »

What's wrong with white women?

-Samuel Coleridge
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #193 on: February 26, 2013, 05:18:56 PM »

In America? Spoiled, materialistic, oftentimes b-wordy, not too smart, carry the most emotional baggage...

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #194 on: February 26, 2013, 05:20:51 PM »

Well, maybe I could explain myself a little better, too. My point isn't that you can't say that such-and-such a people are a certain way based on your experience with members of that cultural/ethnic/whatever group, but that being able to do that doesn't mean that subsequent people you meet from the group should conform to that way of acting. I've known Asians who were submissive, but many others who weren't. It's really only an issue anyway if people start thinking "I want a wife/husband of X background because people of X background are _____ (some stereotype)". which unfortunately seems pretty common, and not limited to dating, either (e.g., my grandmother, Hispanic, complained that African American nurses at the recovery center she stayed at after shoulder surgery were not good people, and she would rather have a Hispanic nurse because "we know how to treat our old people"...and then she'd wink at me like we had some sort of special racist decoder ring bond or something...ugh. This is not a good way to relate to people, is all I mean.)

You make a good point. Okay let me rephrase my statement; I observe more desirable traits for a partner among my own Hispanic kind and among Asians, and observe more less desirable traits among Black and White women. While these traits may not be related to their race and/or ethnic background, I do observe them more among certain groups.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 05:21:43 PM by JamesR » Logged

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #195 on: February 26, 2013, 05:21:11 PM »

carry the most emotional baggage...

Something that might come in handy for you to place your own carry-on emotions in.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #196 on: February 26, 2013, 05:24:31 PM »

This thread: the gift that keeps on giving!  Grin

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #197 on: February 26, 2013, 05:26:34 PM »

Something that might come in handy for you to place your own carry-on emotions in.

In retrospect, maybe I need a hardcore, abusive Black woman to smack the emotions out of me.

That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2013, 05:28:03 PM »

Violent, abusive people come in all colors. Smiley

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #199 on: February 26, 2013, 05:28:32 PM »

You make a good point. Okay let me rephrase my statement; I observe more desirable traits for a partner among my own Hispanic kind and among Asians, and observe more less desirable traits among Black and White women. While these traits may not be related to their race and/or ethnic background, I do observe them more among certain groups.

So, in other words, you're prejudicial and have selective senses.

Fair enough, at least you're admitting it.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2013, 05:29:12 PM »

In America? Spoiled, materialistic, oftentimes b-wordy, not too smart, carry the most emotional baggage...

So is it really that they're white, or that they're women, or that they're Americans, or what...? Cos I know an awful lot of white guys and people from other countries of all hues that basically all of this applies to. This seems like you're conflating a lot of variables or characteristics into one package which, as a result, probably is less than realistic. Are you maybe watching too much Jersey Shore or whatever?

Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2013, 05:32:31 PM »

This thread: the gift that keeps on giving!  Grin

Better than Coronation Street and EastEnders put together!

/popcorn

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
Romaios
Archon

Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #202 on: February 26, 2013, 05:46:25 PM »

James, have you read El laberinto de la soledad by Octavio Paz? I don't know if your Hispanic ancestry is Mexican, but you pretty much agree with the Mexican as he describes him:

La dualidad del mexicano está presente en todos los aspectos de su vida. En el lenguaje popular por ejemplo, hombría, dice Octavio Paz, es ser “macho”. Éste “es un ser hermético, encerrado en sí mismo, capaz de guardarse y guardar lo que se le confía”. Es decir, prefiere encerrarse en su propia soledad, en su laberinto. El no abrirse y confiar en los demás, escribe el autor, es el ideal de decoro en la cultura mexicana. En el momento en que este confía y renuncia a su soledad, pasa a ser un “rajado”, en otras palabras, renuncia a su hombría.

Otro aspecto en el que la influencia de esta duplicidad es inevitable es en sus relaciones con el mundo femenino.

La mujer, en México, dice Paz, “siempre está a la espera de lo que el hombre diga”, “es el reflejo de la voluntad y querer masculinos”, “es el producto de la vanidad del hombre heredada de los españoles”. Es, continúa el ensayista, “un ser oscuro, secreto y pasivo, no se le atribuyen malos instintos: se pretende que ni siquiera los tiene”, o sea que el mexicano disimula, aparenta no ver nada, hace de cuenta que no están ahí. Paz dice que en otros países se festeja abiertamente a la mujer en comparación con los mexicanos, que prefieren ocultar las gracias y virtudes de sus mujeres. Pero, ante la vida social, sus mujeres son “señoras”. Nuevamente vemos que la apariencia prima en esta cultura.

Source
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 05:49:34 PM by Romaios » Logged
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #203 on: February 26, 2013, 06:28:36 PM »

What do James and the Klan have in common?

They both don't think he should be dating white women!

Cheesy
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #204 on: February 27, 2013, 06:09:17 AM »

What do James and the Klan have in common?

They both don't think he should be dating white women!

Cheesy

LOL.

-Samuel Coleridge
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #205 on: February 27, 2013, 06:27:28 AM »

So is it really that they're white, or that they're women, or that they're Americans, or what...? Cos I know an awful lot of white guys and people from other countries of all hues that basically all of this applies to. This seems like you're conflating a lot of variables or characteristics into one package which, as a result, probably is less than realistic. Are you maybe watching too much Jersey Shore or whatever?

No, he really is that way.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #206 on: February 27, 2013, 06:28:14 AM »

In retrospect, maybe I need a hardcore, abusive Black woman to smack the emotions out of me.

I said it before, I'll say it again: we need a vomit smiley.

It's just lovely how people think a Christian board is the place to vent their hate.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #207 on: February 27, 2013, 06:29:07 AM »

Yay racism! Except when it's about you, right?

NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

When in doubt, say: "you lack the proper φρόνημα"

« Reply #208 on: February 28, 2013, 01:49:01 AM »

It's just lovely how people think a Christian board is the place to vent their hate.
More tastelessness than hate.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #209 on: February 28, 2013, 02:23:23 AM »

I said it before, I'll say it again: we need a vomit smiley.

Have you not BEEN on some of the other Christian boards? This place is tame by comparison to most others. When every other poster on here (not just the returned Alfred Perrson) feels the need to post in alternating CAPS, BOLDS, AND THE COLOR RED, all while saying "MY FRIEND" before spewing the MOST AWFUL VITRIOL one can possibly read- then I'll start worrying about the state of OC.net.

Lord, have mercy.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 02:24:13 AM by FormerReformer » Logged

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2013, 05:21:13 AM »

Is there a specific site you are referring to?

Unless its Christianforums.com

I'd say all of those Christians need to learn some shame. It's really embarrassing.

JamesR get back to you in a minute.

If I was to rank Asian women, Koreans would be at the top and Filipinos at the bottom.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2013, 05:21:13 AM »

So, in other words, you're prejudicial and have selective senses.

Fair enough, at least you're admitting it.
Well atleast he is honest, even if he is wrong.

He sure demonstrates a lot of verve, but he'll cool down after his first relationship/heartbreak.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2013, 05:43:58 AM »

Filipinas at the bottom? How come? Personally, I'd probably kick it off a lot easier with a Filipina woman than any other Asian woman, mostly due to the fact that in some cultural aspects, they are very similar to us Mexicans. They aren't called the Mexicans of the Asian world for nothing. One girl I dated's mom was from the Phillippines, she seemed pretty nice.

Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2013, 05:50:50 AM »

They're also more Catholic than the Pope.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2013, 10:47:48 AM »

Filipinas at the bottom? How come? Personally, I'd probably kick it off a lot easier with a Filipina woman than any other Asian woman, mostly due to the fact that in some cultural aspects, they are very similar to us Mexicans. They aren't called the Mexicans of the Asian world for nothing. One girl I dated's mom was from the Phillippines, she seemed pretty nice.

I don't think that whoever said that was trying to be gracious.  Just sayin'....

NightOwl
High Elder

« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2013, 09:31:12 PM »

Secular materialism isn't a phenomenon unique to the U.S., it's the prevailing and fastest growing world religion. You can thank 18th century European thought and 19th century economic transformations for that.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:33:05 PM by NightOwl » Logged
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2013, 09:54:23 PM »

Christianmingle dot com:

Find God's match in you...

...but if get raped, God's punishment in you!

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #217 on: February 28, 2013, 10:47:05 PM »

Christianmingle dot com:

Never expected you to say something like this.

Have you evolved into being more comedic?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #218 on: March 01, 2013, 10:15:52 AM »

Christianmingle dot com:

Awesome.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #219 on: March 01, 2013, 10:37:03 AM »

Christianmingle dot com:

Never expected you to say something like this.

Have you evolved into being more comedic?
I've always been a comical person

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Velsigne
Elder

« Reply #220 on: March 02, 2013, 07:04:42 PM »

Whatsa matta James, blonde girl at church snub you? 

Maybe she got on this site and started reading some of your abundantly shared great honest thoughts.  Grin

Por El Pobrecito Mexicano que a veces habla como un necio

Con mucho sentimiento para ti:

Tu vives esta rodeada de pobreza,
No tengas pena, no tengas verguenza
que es muy triste y muy dura esta vida
y deja los demas y ponte a luchar

tambien soy pobre, soy pobre como tu
tengo a mi madre, a y mi esposa ya mis hijos
que mi piden algo y no les peudo dar
que mi piden algo y no les peudo dar
Pero, se luchar, se luchar y triunfare
y un destino cruel mi vida detener

Se que solo asi, luchando entre un pared,
Se qui solo asi,  luchando entre un pared

Ay, Dios mio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjCIazQmmE
Pan Michał
Elder

Jurisdiction: The Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church

« Reply #221 on: March 23, 2013, 05:12:14 PM »

Dominika, you're pretty enough to move to Poland for.  A guy might even get a double offer and could be friends with Pan Michal as well.

With me? I always thought I'm stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder! Love ya <3
Dominika
Serbian/Polish
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Poland

St. Luke, pray for us!

« Reply #222 on: March 24, 2013, 03:08:57 PM »

Dominika, you're pretty enough to move to Poland for.  A guy might even get a double offer and could be friends with Pan Michal as well.

With me? I always thought I'm stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder! Love ya <3

Answering (or better: realizing that somebody has mentioned you here) one and half month later...  laugh

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria
Pan Michał
Elder

Jurisdiction: The Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church

« Reply #223 on: March 24, 2013, 03:44:55 PM »

Answering (or better: realizing that somebody has mentioned you here) one and half month later...  laugh

The reason why I was single for so long LOL
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 03:45:11 PM by Pan Michał » Logged
Dominika
Serbian/Polish
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Poland

St. Luke, pray for us!

« Reply #224 on: March 24, 2013, 03:48:22 PM »

Answering (or better: realizing that somebody has mentioned you here) one and half month later...  laugh

The reason why I was single for so long LOL

But you're not anymore, so maybe that's not so bad tactic  laugh

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: