OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 01:45:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About finding a wife  (Read 2557 times) Average Rating: 0
Punch
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2014, 05:41:09 PM »

Westboro at Funeral:  God hates fags, coop-dee-coooo!
Everyone else:  Boo hiss!
Trisiggie:  Actually, they are right about this one.  He was a total turd.
Everyone:  Are you one of them?
Trisiggie:  No...long story, just trust me on this.
Everyone:  Ah.  Ok.
Westboro at Funeral:  God hates dead methlabs, squeal like a pig, eheeeew!

Are you at work, or did you find the Lagavulin that I had hidden at my house?

Decent people do not drink that.  I do have something that helps hunters, masters of it in fact, in my desk.

After that last post, there must not be much left.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2014, 06:08:02 PM »

actually, one of her boyfriends IS dead. I had to go to the funeral which was weird and awkward given that their relationship ended very badly.

That is weird.

This is why you don't want a wife. They drag you to really awkward social situations.

"Honey, let's go to my ex-boyfriend's funeral.  Yeah, remember the relationship that ended super badly?"  Honestly, how did that go about?
The long and the short is, he cheated on her with one of her friends/aquaintances in college so she dumped him. Much angst ensued. He then joined the military and was killed in Iraq. I think she felt really guilty about how badly everything went down and wanted to go for closure. She wanted me there for support, so being the dutiful husband that I am, I went. Lots of mixed emotions in that situation. So, yeah...

Westboro at Funeral:  God hates fags, coop-dee-coooo!
Everyone else:  Boo hiss!
Trisiggie:  Actually, they are right about this one.  He was a total turd.
Everyone:  Are you one of them?
Trisiggie:  No...long story, just trust me on this.
Everyone:  Ah.  Ok.
Westboro at Funeral:  God hates dead methlabs, squeal like a pig, eheeeew!
LOL!!!

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2014, 11:56:30 PM »

I'm sure all these things will really help Mike find someone, marry her and be happy with her.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Moderated
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2014, 11:57:58 PM »

I'm sure all these things will really help Mike find someone, marry her and be happy with her.

You beat me to it. Seems there's no limit to the inanity that infects threads like this.  Tongue Tongue Angry
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2014, 12:00:14 AM »

You beat me to it. Seems there's no limit to the inanity that infects threads like this.  Tongue Tongue Angry

Grazie.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

spcasuncoast.org
Georgii
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR, German Diocese

Holy Martyr Afra, pray to God for us!

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2014, 03:20:11 AM »

Saint Hubert, pray to God for Mike, that he may hunt and be hunted according to His will.

my garment accuses me, for it is not a wedding garment
mikeforjesus
High Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2014, 07:12:43 AM »

I really don't think I should have children because I live like a universalist or feel towards people like one and everyone in public probably knows it or I try to make them think it might be true and I might try to revert to it so I won't be able to lead them right but I know it is not true with a deeper bible study. I don't think my kids will comply with priests just as I did not only until now

'The difference between parents and priests is as great as the difference between the present life and the future life. . . The former produce children for this life, the latter for the other life.'

St. John Chrysostom
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:18:46 AM by mikeforjesus » Logged
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Moderated
Toumarches

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2014, 07:18:26 AM »

Mike, please speak to your priest about this.
mikeforjesus
High Elder

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2014, 07:19:10 AM »

I just edited above to include this

I don't think my kids will comply with priests just as I did not only until now
mikeforjesus
High Elder

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2014, 07:20:00 AM »

I will speak to my priest but he is only one man he does not represent the whole of orthodoxy. A priest can never say one is going to heaven hence those on the right hand of God will say when did we see You and minister to You?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:21:11 AM by mikeforjesus » Logged
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Moderated
Toumarches

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2014, 07:22:31 AM »

I will speak to my priest but he is only one man he does not represent the whole of orthodoxy. A priest can never say one is going to heaven hence those on the right hand of God will say when did we see You and minister to You?

He indeed represents Orthodoxy, and he knows more about it than you do. He is also responsible for your spiritual development. Talk to him, and heed his advice.
mikeforjesus
High Elder

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2014, 07:25:29 AM »

thanks I really regret my impatience previously to my priest which was unwarranted he is one of the nicest persons ive ever met but I did not make excuses for him. He actually wants to help me but only in so far as I am truly seeking to obey God will I benefit from him. So many wasted opportunities

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:27:15 AM by mikeforjesus » Logged
mikeforjesus
High Elder

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2014, 07:28:32 AM »

but my point was that no person is infallible I can't stick to one man he has so many other people to see also it does not help him if I make too many useless meetings where I am stuck on too many trivial things
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:33:10 AM by mikeforjesus » Logged
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Moderated
Toumarches

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2014, 07:30:47 AM »

but my point was that no person is infallible I can't stick to one man

No-one on this earth is infallible, but don't use this as an excuse to ignore your priest's advice.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:31:00 AM by LBK » Logged
mikeforjesus
High Elder

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2014, 07:32:44 AM »

but my point is should I only ask my priest questions or more than 1 person? I am currently seeing my priest but when I ask other people you say to see a priest. Maybe I should ask only priests but more than 1 priest forums are convenient for my trivial problems
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:35:26 AM by mikeforjesus » Logged
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Moderated
Toumarches

« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2014, 07:53:45 AM »

but my point is should I only ask my priest questions or more than 1 person? I am currently seeing my priest but when I ask other people you say to see a priest. Maybe I should ask only priests but more than 1 priest forums are convenient for my trivial problems

"About finding a wife" is not a trivial problem, Mike.
mikeforjesus
High Elder

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2014, 07:57:06 AM »

but I have other trivial problems
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Moderated
Toumarches

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2014, 08:00:45 AM »

but I have other trivial problems

All the threads you've started here are not on trivial matters. All of them are matters that a priest should guide you on.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2014, 08:05:19 AM »

Saint Hubert, pray to God for Mike, that he may hunt and be hunted according to His will.

Amen.

Lord have mercy.

spcasuncoast.org
mikeforjesus
High Elder

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2014, 08:11:47 AM »

I once had doubts about Jesus until God one day opened my understanding of the scriptures as He did to the disciples but it took long I was crying before the icons and pictures of Jesus and in desolate areas and I contacted a bishop who helped me calm down and trust God will answer in due time and I wasn't worried when then God opened my understanding. If I had tried to solve every issue that has ever concerned mankind and there are billions I would be left in a very bad spot. Thats why I don't believe in dealing with all issues but maybe you are right I should still pursue answers while being calm

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2014, 04:51:02 PM »

Stay single. I think that a huge portion of the reason why we want spouses and families isn't because we truly desire love deep down, but is because society has told us that we need these things or else we're abnormal. They've become consumerist products that we've been deluded into believing that we need or else we'll never be complete or that we'll be miserable and weird.

But if it's not truly what you want, don't do it. Once you stop caring about what society expects of you and really think "What do I want?" you'll feel much better. Sure, society may think negatively of you and you may not have the hottest consumer product on the block, but you'll be happy inside. And that's all that matters.

I've thought long and hard about the same struggles you have--whether I want a wife or want to be alone, the advantages and disadvantages, the type of person I want to be, etc. Best thing I never did was stop caring about what the world and society expects of me and tells me I'm supposed to have. I started thinking what I want and would like to have.

I personally have come to the conclusion that my life would be better off being single. As nice as the whole Love thing of having someone to grow old with and wrap my arms around in bed at night when I cry sounds nice during bouts of depression, I know in my heart of hearts that it's not worth it for me, that deep down I would be happier staying alone. Because with that Love also comes the total monogamy, the children with the dirty diapers, crying, and sleepless nights. Basically being an oldest sibling all over again, except this time with my own children. And never having a spare moment of time. There also comes the arguments, the commitments, the family gatherings and in-laws which, being an introvert, I hate and find very stressful. And then the potential of being screamed at, slapped, emotionally toyed with, and humiliated by a domineering spouse just like my mother. This isn't worth it just for sex once a month with the same person and someone to cry with.

I value my autonomy and freedom. I like knowing I can wake up at 6:00AM one day and at 4PM on another day with no commitments apart from work and/or college. I like that I don't always have to be looking out for someone such as a wife or children. I like that I can read the Bible at my own time, attend Church whenever I want, and eat lobster for breakfast and waffles for dinner if I wish. I like that I'm not tied down to the misery and stress that married people are cursed with. Sure, it gets sad when I realize how utterly alone I truly am, and I see the world around me with all my friends evolving and moving onto these things like relationships, families, and marriages, while I myself am remaining changeless in a changing world. It gets sad when I realize that my hand is the greatest sexual satisfaction I'll ever have and that I'll never get to really do those carnal things I've always wanted to do in my lust-ridden head. But all in all, this is a small price to pay for the benefits. My lifestyle is rooted in solitude; I am solitude. I am an introvert who needs to be alone, who needs my freedom from the stress and cares of marriage and family life.

Some say it's juvenile and that men like me should "grow up." I disagree. I think society should grow up and do what it truly wants opposed to doing what the group tells you to do.

I guess what I'm trying to say to you is cliche, but follow your heart. Listen to it. Shut out the world, ignore social standards, and forget what everybody tells you. What does Mike want?

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee..."

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2014, 04:59:18 PM »

I personally have come to the conclusion that my life would be better off being single. As nice as the whole Love thing of having someone to grow old with and wrap my arms around in bed at night when I cry sounds nice during bouts of depression, I know in my heart of hearts that it's not worth it for me, that deep down I would be happier staying alone. Because with that Love also comes the total monogamy, the children with the dirty diapers, crying, and sleepless nights.

So you are choosing celibacy because you oppose monogamy?

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.
kelly
UNSUBSCRIBED from the world
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Genuine Kellenic Truest Orthodox Traditionalist Church *of* America

Proverbs 31:13

« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2014, 04:59:52 PM »

Speak to your priest and do not take advice from JamesR.

kelly and I spend all our free time collecting pictures of Russian monarchs.  Its a thing we do.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2014, 05:05:47 PM »

When in doubt, ask yourself what orthonorm would say. When I put myself in your shoes OP and ask, I arrive at what I previously said: what does Mike truly want? He'd tell you to do what you want and to pursue what makes you happy regardless of what everybody else says, and that even if it's considered mundane, unusual, or different, it doesn't matter because all we're accountable to are ourselves and God.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2014, 05:50:59 PM »

James, if you ever do meet a girl, please do yourself a favour and scrap the "someone to cry with" bit.  Never ever show a hint of weakness.  It will be your downfall.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
mikeforjesus
High Elder

« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2014, 06:15:16 PM »

Thanks James single life does seem like a good option but I'm not sure I will take that path though I will consider it God often wants to stretch us for us to grow
sakura95
Love Live School Idol Festival noob :(
Warned
High Elder

Faith: Deciding between Coptic and Greek Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: Constaninople and Alexandria

Good Morning OC Net (。・ω・)ノ゙

« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2014, 07:58:57 PM »

Thanks James single life does seem like a good option but I'm not sure I will take that path though I will consider it God often wants to stretch us for us to grow

Noooo!!!! just speak to your priest about it. Ignore what James have to say about his rant about married life. I'm not going to not get married simply because I somehow must have children and be subjected to the authority and aggression of my spouse. I'm not going to be unmarried simply because I have to subject myself to all sorts of externalities just for sex at the end of the month and some shoulder to lean on when I'm down.

But James is right about society's perceptions though. You shouldn't want a wife simply because your friends are all married and you are not. You shouldn't want a wife simply because society coerces you into getting one. I came from an Asian background and I have to listen to all sorts of stories of forced marriages between families all in the name of preserving social norms. Accidentally got a girl pregnant? don't worry, just be prepared to spend an eternity with her in a Marriage to a woman you simply treated as a mere toy to play with. Born as a woman and somehow your family had made early arrangements with another family to marry you and their son together, it sucks knowing that you are in it because socio-cultural norms dictates so. It's not bad as before these days fortunately but you get the point, don't give in to the pressures of society.

You have to ask whether or not you want marriage or not. Personally for me I would do all I can to be in a relationship. Yet, I feel it is important to question wants and needs at times. Do you really want marriage or is society forcing you into one? Do you want marriage simply because it gives you a legitimate reason to have sex with a woman? or is it that you want marriage because you are lonely deep down and have unfulfilled social needs? Ask yourself and answer, it is the best you could do.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 08:00:01 PM by sakura95 » Logged

Lord Have Mercy on my weak and doubtful soul
sheep100

Faith: EO

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2014, 08:32:07 PM »

As a person who has been celibate his entire life, I have thought about it quite a bit.
I just stopped worrying about it when I realized that whether I am married or not
is not the most important thing about me. What is most important is whether I am
living a virtuous Christian life. Since I am failing fairly miserably in that regard and for
other reasons I don't intend to bring another person into the mess of my life anytime soon.
Either way you go there is going to be drawbacks and sacrifices to be made--they will just
be of different kinds. If you can live Chastely without marriage I think you should seriously consider the celibate life.

1 Corinthians 7 Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 6 I say this as a concession, not as a command. 7 I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.

8 Now to the unmarried[a] and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. 9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion

NanaDeborah

Faith: Almost catechumen, former charismatic

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2014, 08:34:50 PM »

James apparently has not been married so his conclusions about what it is like are not necessarily accurate.  While marriage can be difficult, it also can be so much more than what he witnessed at home.  Yes, everyone must make their own choices.  I don't even have the proper Orthodox language yet to say what I want to say, but I came across this book which looks like it could be very helpful. If anyone here has read it they could speak authoritatively about it:

One Flesh: Salvation through Marriage in the Orthodox Church  "Is the Church too negative about sex? Beginning with this provocative question, Fr. Lawrence Farley explores the history of the Church’s attitude toward sex and marriage, from the Old Testament through the Church Fathers. He persuasively makes the case both for traditional morality and for a positive acceptance of marriage as a viable path to theosis."
http://www.amazon.com/One-Flesh-Salvation-Marriage-Orthodox-ebook/dp/B00OJXZTEQ

Thy Bridal Chamber, I see adorned, O my Savior, and have no wedding garment that I may enter.  Enlighten the vesture of my soul, O Giver of Light, and save me.
mikeforjesus
High Elder

« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2014, 10:50:14 PM »

Thanks for your helpful replies
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2014, 10:53:47 PM »

Lord have mercy.

spcasuncoast.org
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2014, 11:28:35 PM »

Stay single. I think that a huge portion of the reason why we want spouses and families isn't because we truly desire love deep down, but is because society has told us that we need these things or else we're abnormal. They've become consumerist products that we've been deluded into believing that we need or else we'll never be complete or that we'll be miserable and weird.

But if it's not truly what you want, don't do it. Once you stop caring about what society expects of you and really think "What do I want?" you'll feel much better. Sure, society may think negatively of you and you may not have the hottest consumer product on the block, but you'll be happy inside. And that's all that matters.

I've thought long and hard about the same struggles you have--whether I want a wife or want to be alone, the advantages and disadvantages, the type of person I want to be, etc. Best thing I never did was stop caring about what the world and society expects of me and tells me I'm supposed to have. I started thinking what I want and would like to have.

I personally have come to the conclusion that my life would be better off being single. As nice as the whole Love thing of having someone to grow old with and wrap my arms around in bed at night when I cry sounds nice during bouts of depression, I know in my heart of hearts that it's not worth it for me, that deep down I would be happier staying alone. Because with that Love also comes the total monogamy, the children with the dirty diapers, crying, and sleepless nights. Basically being an oldest sibling all over again, except this time with my own children. And never having a spare moment of time. There also comes the arguments, the commitments, the family gatherings and in-laws which, being an introvert, I hate and find very stressful. And then the potential of being screamed at, slapped, emotionally toyed with, and humiliated by a domineering spouse just like my mother. This isn't worth it just for sex once a month with the same person and someone to cry with.

I value my autonomy and freedom. I like knowing I can wake up at 6:00AM one day and at 4PM on another day with no commitments apart from work and/or college. I like that I don't always have to be looking out for someone such as a wife or children. I like that I can read the Bible at my own time, attend Church whenever I want, and eat lobster for breakfast and waffles for dinner if I wish. I like that I'm not tied down to the misery and stress that married people are cursed with. Sure, it gets sad when I realize how utterly alone I truly am, and I see the world around me with all my friends evolving and moving onto these things like relationships, families, and marriages, while I myself am remaining changeless in a changing world. It gets sad when I realize that my hand is the greatest sexual satisfaction I'll ever have and that I'll never get to really do those carnal things I've always wanted to do in my lust-ridden head. But all in all, this is a small price to pay for the benefits. My lifestyle is rooted in solitude; I am solitude. I am an introvert who needs to be alone, who needs my freedom from the stress and cares of marriage and family life.

Some say it's juvenile and that men like me should "grow up." I disagree. I think society should grow up and do what it truly wants opposed to doing what the group tells you to do.

I guess what I'm trying to say to you is cliche, but follow your heart. Listen to it. Shut out the world, ignore social standards, and forget what everybody tells you. What does Mike want?

It's so much different than you think.

Marriage and children can yes, sometimes be a "ball and chain" of sorts, but in honesty its more freeing than anything. 

Children are not just crybabies.  They are funny, creative, and awesome.   My sons and I went coyote hunting with fireworks and a shotgun.   Chunk in a pack of black cats into the hole - POP POP POP, out comes a coyote- POW.  Then we all gag when we throw it in the maggot bucket.  (It's really a pail that the chickens love because rotting animals produce maggots that chickens eat off the sides).   My sons love mud, playing with fireworks, guns, bb guns, bows & arrows, and big trucks.  They also like hunting, fishing, etc.   In all their guyness though, they truly love God and want to submit their entire lives to his will.  Just watching the faith grow in them is truly awesome.

My daughters are too much.  They are on a mission to break my belt buckle.   They have pies, cakes, and all manners of desserts all the time.  They are also notice fine details on stuff that I never would.  It's hilarious some of the things they point out that I would have never thought of.  They also like to sew, and ultimately they love God with everything they have.

My wife homeschools the children and it's an awesome experience.  We are so free from worldly conformity.  The children are learning about stuff that I never learned about in public school (yes other than fireworks LOL).   It's awesome watching their natural curiosity take over.   Wives are also great and there to talk with you and companionship.  Trust and love is more than just boredom or leaning on somebody when you are sad.  It's about giving yourself and sharing your life.  It's also about security.   It's also about the physical side of things.  It's also about two people working together to raise a family.  It's also a love story and an awesome feeling of completion in life.   

Wives also give you strength. Wives give you drive in life. 

Don't let the screen suck away your entire life and time.  There is a reality outside of the virtual reality.  Within the realms of virtual reality exists a huge stigma of propaganda of sorts that marriage is a bad thing.  For me I can testify, it's untrue.  It made me a better person.

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2014, 08:04:30 AM »

^You sure like the word awesome.

But this recommendation is gold:
Don't let the screen suck away your entire life and time.

Randa

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Non Sectarian

« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2014, 11:46:54 AM »

TOP 15 BIBLICAL WAYS TO ACQUIRE A WIFE

1. Find an attractive prisoner of war, bring her home, shave her head, trim her nails, and give her new clothes. Then she's yours. - (Deuteronomy 21:11-13)

2. Find a prostitute and marry her. - Hosea (Hosea 1:1-3)

3. Find a man with seven daughters, and impress him by watering his flock - Moses (Exodus 2:16-21)

4. Purchase a piece of property, and get a woman as part of the deal. - Boaz (Ruth 4:5-10)

5. Go to a party and hide. When the women come out to dance, grab one and carry her off to be your wife. - The Benjaminites (Judges 21:19-25)

6. Have God create a wife for you while you sleep. Note: this will cost you a rib. - Adam (Genesis 2:19-24)

7. Agree to work seven years in exchange for a woman's hand in marriage. Get tricked into marrying the wrong woman. Then work another seven years for the woman you wanted to marry in the first place. That's right. Fourteen years of hard labor for a wife. - Jacob (Genesis 29:15-30)

8. Cut 200 foreskins off of your future father-in-law's enemies and get his daughter for a wife. - David (I Samuel 18:27)

9. Even if no one is out there, just wander around a bit and you'll definitely find someone. (It's all relative, of course.) - Cain (Genesis 4:16-17)

10. Become the emperor of a huge nation and hold a beauty contest. - Xerxes/Ahasuerus (Esther 2:3-4)

11. When you see someone you like, go home and tell your parents, "I have seen a ... woman; now get her for me." If your parents question your decision, simply say, "Get her for me. She's the one for me." - Samson (Judges 14:1-3)

12. Kill any husband and take HIS wife (Prepare to lose four sons, though=). - David (2 Samuel 11)

13. Wait for your brother to die. Take his widow. (It's not just a good idea; it's the law.) - Onan and Boaz (Deuteronomy or Leviticus, example in Ruth)

14. Don't be so picky. Make up for quality with quantity. - Solomon (1 Kings 11:1-3)

15. A wife?...NOT! - Paul (1 Corinthians 7:32-35)

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~plim/personal/getawife.html
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 11:48:08 AM by Randa » Logged
Adela
High Elder

« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2014, 01:05:06 PM »

^You sure like the word awesome.

"Awesome" is so 80's.  The word now seems to be "Amazing".  As in "You are the most Amazing person ever", or "That was the most Amazing hamburger", or "That was the most Amazing time at the Haunted Hoochie".  Everything is just so Amazing these days.
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2014, 01:39:57 AM »

TOP 15 BIBLICAL WAYS TO ACQUIRE A WIFE
http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~plim/personal/getawife.html

Biblical "courtship"!  Awesome!

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2014, 06:27:23 PM »

3. Find a man with seven daughters, and impress him by watering his flock - Moses (Exodus 2:16-21)

As a Mexican, I can tell you that one don't work anymore, otherwise a lot more of us would have white wives. We've even tried watering their lawns but that don't work either.

OrthoNoob
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2014, 09:35:47 PM »

As a Mexican, I can tell you that one don't work anymore, otherwise a lot more of us would have white wives. We've even tried watering their lawns but that don't work either.

Oh, are you Mexican? I didn't know that. You should have mentioned it before at some point.

http://avengingredhand.wordpress.com -- My blog

'These words I, Leo, have set down for love and as a safeguard of the Orthodox Faith'
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2014, 10:37:37 PM »

Oh, are you Mexican? I didn't know that. You should have mentioned it before at some point.

No one pays attention to the gardener, until something goes missing.  Even Mary Magdalene thought Christ was Jesús, the thieving Mexican gardener. John 20:15.

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: