Author Topic: Experiences dealing with mixed marriages?  (Read 4334 times)

Offline William T

• Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
Re: Experiences dealing with mixed marriages?
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2017, 06:17:51 PM »
Google returns several promising looking hits for "Orthodox online dating." I don't know what the character of those sites is individually, though.

Doesn't the internet do that with everything?  "Promising leads" and websites dedicated to anything of your hearts content I mean.

Offline IreneOlinyk

• High Elder
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2017, 06:20:42 PM »
How many married couples meet at the University of St. Katherine?

Better to ask how many married couples at Hellenic College/ Holy Cross.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2017, 06:26:26 PM »
Google returns several promising looking hits for "Orthodox online dating." I don't know what the character of those sites is individually, though.

Doesn't the internet do that with everything?  "Promising leads" and websites dedicated to anything of your hearts content I mean.

Yes. And?
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2017, 06:30:11 PM »

Yes. And?

and then you get hacked by russian teenagers, your credit card stolen, or some other series of even worse and shadier plagues for trying out a get rich quick scheme.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 06:33:45 PM by William T »

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2017, 06:38:42 PM »
Who has experiences with mixed marriages? For example, Catholic-Orthodox, Evangelical-Orthodox, mainline-Orthodox something like that? Just curious, how much difficulty is it with regards to different practices and faiths?

anywho, in my family in America mixed marriages aren't uncommon and, generally speaking not problematic.  This is all probably context dependent and depends on how secure you are with self assessment, values, goals, strengths, weaknesses, orientation, limits, etc and an honest look at the circumstances that make up your world. You should probably be somewhat secure and confident  in such things before you get married or go monastic anyway. Usually it is the family that places a stronger emphases on their faith that gets to gear a child towards that Faith without much, if any, hassle.

Is there anything specific you want to know?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 06:40:57 PM by William T »

Offline Gorazd

• Archon
  • Faith: 7 Councils
  • Jurisdiction: First without Equals
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2017, 06:54:43 PM »
I do not want to judge others, but for myself, I don't see mixed marriage as an option. I would want to agree with my wife on the meaning of life, and especially on the purpose of marriage - aiming at theosis together.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2017, 07:06:52 PM »
I do not want to judge others, but for myself, I don't see mixed marriage as an option. I would want to agree with my wife on the meaning of life, and especially on the purpose of marriage - aiming at theosis together.

I'd love to agree on these issues... To remember that marriage is on the same time the foretaste of the Heavenly Kingdom, Eternal Pascha and road to it, but... Sometimes, when I feel resigned, I do see a mix marriage (I mean, beside Orthodox, only Catholic) as an option. And I hope that the non-Orthodox spouse due to faith and living the faith of the Orthodox spouse may embrace Orthodoxy. Maybe that's lack of trust toward God.
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2017, 07:32:16 PM »

You are of course completely right. Only human frailty demurs.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline ProdigalSon

• OC.net
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2017, 01:08:08 PM »

I'd love to agree on these issues... To remember that marriage is on the same time the foretaste of the Heavenly Kingdom, Eternal Pascha and road to it, but... Sometimes, when I feel resigned, I do see a mix marriage (I mean, beside Orthodox, only Catholic) as an option. And I hope that the non-Orthodox spouse due to faith and living the faith of the Orthodox spouse may embrace Orthodoxy. Maybe that's lack of trust toward God.

I think that this is one of those things that I put in the category of "life happens."  We are all different people in different scenarios (age, education, geographical location, spirituality/faith commitment, etc.).   For some people, it would seem impossible to marry someone from a different Christian sect or - at the very least - to marry someone from another sect without working out all the details as to whose faith "wins" when it comes to kids, etc.  For others - for a wide variety of reasons - this approach is not taken and you find yourself in a mixed marriage or long-term relationship with a non-Orthodox significant other.

In my case, I was not specifically looking for an Orthodox bride at the time I met my future wife.  I would have seen Orthodoxy as a huge plus in any potential mate, but it was not the driving consideration.  Even then, however, I made my faith known and was upfront early on about the intention to baptize a child and raise it as Orthodox.  She thought I was a bit odd and frankly probably didn't think we would end up together.  But we did and I my insistence on these things early ultimately led to less friction later.

I could and should have been more committed to the faith then (the same can be said now even as I am more committed now than I was), but we all are walking our own path and that is where I was then and this is where I am now.

Although not ideal, I have seen several Catholic/Orthodox marriages growing up where the non-Orthodox spouse comes to Liturgy regularly or semi-regularly but never converts.   So long as the marriage works and the kids don't get mixed up in a religious tug-of-war, this is an option for many people (particularly in the US).  In my case, I would love it if my wife one day converts but my focus now is to get her coming to church with some degree of regularity, which I believe is crucial for our child's progression in the faith.

Offline Lepanto

• Elder
  • Faith: Roman Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Munich and Freising
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2017, 01:51:34 PM »

I think that this is one of those things that I put in the category of "life happens."  We are all different people in different scenarios (age, education, geographical location, spirituality/faith commitment, etc.).   For some people, it would seem impossible to marry someone from a different Christian sect or - at the very least - to marry someone from another sect without working out all the details as to whose faith "wins" when it comes to kids, etc.  For others - for a wide variety of reasons - this approach is not taken and you find yourself in a mixed marriage or long-term relationship with a non-Orthodox significant other.

In my case, I was not specifically looking for an Orthodox bride at the time I met my future wife.  I would have seen Orthodoxy as a huge plus in any potential mate, but it was not the driving consideration.  Even then, however, I made my faith known and was upfront early on about the intention to baptize a child and raise it as Orthodox.  She thought I was a bit odd and frankly probably didn't think we would end up together.  But we did and I my insistence on these things early ultimately led to less friction later.

I could and should have been more committed to the faith then (the same can be said now even as I am more committed now than I was), but we all are walking our own path and that is where I was then and this is where I am now.

Although not ideal, I have seen several Catholic/Orthodox marriages growing up where the non-Orthodox spouse comes to Liturgy regularly or semi-regularly but never converts.   So long as the marriage works and the kids don't get mixed up in a religious tug-of-war, this is an option for many people (particularly in the US).  In my case, I would love it if my wife one day converts but my focus now is to get her coming to church with some degree of regularity, which I believe is crucial for our child's progression in the faith.
I can relate 100 % to a lot of things you wrote with roles reversed.
Sanctus Deus, Sanctus fortis, Sanctus immortalis, miserere nobis.

Offline Gorazd

• Archon
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2017, 06:20:00 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTp7EyFVp0A

Interesting video about "Mixed Marriage in The Coptic Church". They strongly imply that the non-Orthodox partner must become Orthodox. I appreciate that attitude and hope that those of us who are EO can adopt that position, too.

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2017, 06:36:41 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTp7EyFVp0A

Interesting video about "Mixed Marriage in The Coptic Church". They strongly imply that the non-Orthodox partner must become Orthodox. I appreciate that attitude and hope that those of us who are EO can adopt that position, too.
No, we can't.  Like I said.  Sometimes circumstances has your spouse of a different faith.  You need to learn to live with it in a proper way.  Not shove Orthodoxy down their throats.

Offline Gorazd

• Archon
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2017, 06:43:29 PM »
No, we can't.  Like I said.  Sometimes circumstances has your spouse of a different faith.  You need to learn to live with it in a proper way.  Not shove Orthodoxy down their throats.

Yes, we can. Circumstances would be if you become Orthodox after marriage. But if you're Orthodox and you get to know someone, you can make clear to this person how strongly you are attached to Orthodoxy and that marriage needs to be marriage between two members of the Orthodox Church. Don't trade your birthright for lentil stew. Marriage is all about theosis, it's not just an arrangement that allows you to have "sinless" sex.

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2017, 06:46:18 PM »

Yes, we can. Circumstances would be if you become Orthodox after marriage. But if you're Orthodox and you get to know someone, you can make clear to this person how strongly you are attached to Orthodoxy and that marriage needs to be marriage between two members of the Orthodox Church. Don't trade your birthright for lentil stew. Marriage is all about theosis, it's not just an arrangement that allows you to have "sinless" sex.
Your spouse may agree to become Orthodox and stay that way, or she may convert to something else later.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Protokentarchos
  • Pavel Florensky and Sergei Bulgakov
  • Faith: Neo-Patristic Synthesis
  • Jurisdiction: The thrilling romance of Holy Orthodoxy
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2017, 07:40:08 PM »

T
Knowledge of spouse is in sexual union. God is also included in this unity, how could it be any other way? Its the divine communal love that transcends sex from purely mutual masturbation.

Thesosis does not mean sexual abstinence in marriage, just the opposite.
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Modernist thinking and being consists of nothing but uncritical acceptance.

Offline ProdigalSon

• OC.net
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2017, 08:21:04 PM »
Marriage is all about theosis, it's not just an arrangement that allows you to have "sinless" sex.

I'd like to think there is a middle ground between marriage being all about theosis versus an arrangement for "sinless" sex.  I love my wife and her coming around to conversion is simply not a make it or break it issue in our marriage.  If she converts, that will be very good and almost certainly a result of the path we are currently on rather than me amping up demands.  If she does not convert, I've got more than enough failings of my own to focus on. 

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2017, 08:34:38 PM »

The conversion of the non-Orthodox spouse may happen some years after marriage, under the condtion the Orthodox spouse truly lives the Orthodox faith. We can't be compeltely closed to the non-Orthodox candidates, especially in the societies in which Orthodox Chrisitans are minority. It may be a contradcition to the God's Will. WHo knows, maybe by the Orthodox sposue the non-Orthodox spouse and even his/her family (parents, siblings, other relatives) can be leaded to the true Church of Christ, to the Salvation?...
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Gorazd

• Archon
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2017, 09:12:39 PM »
The conversion of the non-Orthodox spouse may happen some years after marriage, under the condtion the Orthodox spouse truly lives the Orthodox faith.
It can, but maybe it will not. Who knows?

We can't be compeltely closed to the non-Orthodox candidates, especially in the societies in which Orthodox Chrisitans are minority.
I am not aware of any country with a Coptic majority. Still they seem to be very clear about this issue - if you're not Orthodox, become Orthodox. That doesn't mean being closed to non-Orthodox candidates, but making clear to them what is necessary for us in a marriage. And btw, these rules apply not only in the US, but also within Egypt itself. The Coptic Church has a pastoral agreement about marriage only with the EO Patriarchate of Alexandria. In all other cases, it's conversion or no marriage. That includes Egyptian Protestants, who are admitted to the COC by baptism.

It may be a contradcition to the God's Will. WHo knows, maybe by the Orthodox sposue the non-Orthodox spouse and even his/her family (parents, siblings, other relatives) can be leaded to the true Church of Christ, to the Salvation?...
Aren't you deluding yourself? If that person is open to the Orthodox Church, he can convert before marriage. If he doesn't agree to that, is he so open?
We must always ask ourselves what we want in a marriage, and for whom... do we want it for ourselves... to have sex and to overcome loneliness? And if so, is it fair to the other person to use him or her for our own, selfish purposes?

Or are we ready to see marriage as a sacrifice? It really seems dangerous to me to think that being married somehow automatically makes a person happy. On the contrary, marriage is hard, hard work and it requires sacrificing oneself for the other. It requires patience and forgiveness, and especially struggle against one's own pride. More and more people fail in this nowadays, just look at divorce rates in our times. In these times more than ever, and in non-Orthodox or even non-religious places more than ever, I believe that only orienting marriage towards Christ, having common intentions, praying together, receiving the Holy Eucharist together can give the strength to make it succeed. And if there are children, to give them clear values. Because parents need to agree on them first...

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2017, 09:46:10 PM »
Seems like another wrinkle would be the question of whether they're converting just to please their spouse or whether they have an actual interest in Orthodox for the sake of their soul.

I mean, only God can judge that, but it could create a problem down the road like Luke said.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline Gorazd

• Archon
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2017, 08:44:45 AM »
Seems like another wrinkle would be the question of whether they're converting just to please their spouse or whether they have an actual interest in Orthodox for the sake of their soul.

I mean, only God can judge that, but it could create a problem down the road like Luke said.

I completely agree with that. But is it better not to do the right thing at all than to do the right thing for the wrong reasons? If both parents are Orthodox, at least nominally, that already avoids confusion for the children. They'll often have a diverse ethnic and cultural identity already, so religious clarity helps. If we look at the couples in the Coptic video, the church gave a warm welcome to the converted spouses and made them and their families feel at home in the local parish and in the OO faith. I believe EO are also capable of that, if we welcome people with a truly Christian attitude.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2017, 10:30:23 AM »
We can't be compeltely closed to the non-Orthodox candidates, especially in the societies in which Orthodox Chrisitans are minority.
I am not aware of any country with a Coptic majority. Still they seem to be very clear about this issue - if you're not Orthodox, become Orthodox. That doesn't mean being closed to non-Orthodox candidates, but making clear to them what is necessary for us in a marriage. And btw, these rules apply not only in the US, but also within Egypt itself. The Coptic Church has a pastoral agreement about marriage only with the EO Patriarchate of Alexandria. In all other cases, it's conversion or no marriage. That includes Egyptian Protestants, who are admitted to the COC by baptism.
But there are places that Copts are a huge minorit or even a majority. There is also a tradition - our Coptic posters can say if it's true for present days - to marry far relatives or at least via various family events (especially weddings) know other Copts. Parents are also involved into finding a good candidate.

It may be a contradcition to the God's Will. WHo knows, maybe by the Orthodox sposue the non-Orthodox spouse and even his/her family (parents, siblings, other relatives) can be leaded to the true Church of Christ, to the Salvation?...
Aren't you deluding yourself? If that person is open to the Orthodox Church, he can convert before marriage. If he doesn't agree to that, is he so open?
We must always ask ourselves what we want in a marriage, and for whom... do we want it for ourselves... to have sex and to overcome loneliness? And if so, is it fair to the other person to use him or her for our own, selfish purposes?
I know at least one case that, in this case non-Orthodox woman, has converted in the end, but after some time. I think that marrying to a non-Orthodox can have a mission aspcet, like in the first centuries of Christianity.

Or are we ready to see marriage as a sacrifice? It really seems dangerous to me to think that being married somehow automatically makes a person happy. On the contrary, marriage is hard, hard work and it requires sacrificing oneself for the other. It requires patience and forgiveness, and especially struggle against one's own pride. More and more people fail in this nowadays, just look at divorce rates in our times. In these times more than ever, and in non-Orthodox or even non-religious places more than ever, I believe that only orienting marriage towards Christ, having common intentions, praying together, receiving the Holy Eucharist together can give the strength to make it succeed. And if there are children, to give them clear values. Because parents need to agree on them first...
I said clearly that marriage for me is in the same time foretaste of the Heavenly Kingdom and a road to it. And God created man and woman, as "it is not good for human to be alone".

Since marriage is a road to Pascha, surel, it means also a sacrifice, on model of Christ's Pascha.

And I really do belvie that marrying an Orthodox person is the best "option", but sometiems the God's paths are strange...
I know a couple, in which both sposues were very pracitinsg, involded into Church life Orthodox Christians, but they divorced. There is no guarantee.

That's a very important question. SOme months ago a guy, Roman Catholic, was interested in me, we were meeting each other from time to time. He was thinking about covnersion to Orthoodxy. But since it would have be done only to have a chance to be with me, it didn't make any sense. Fortunately, he noticed that, so now we're just friends.

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2017, 10:35:39 AM »

That's a very important question. SOme months ago a guy, Roman Catholic, was interested in me, we were meeting each other from time to time. He was thinking about covnersion to Orthoodxy. But since it would have be done only to have a chance to be with me, it didn't make any sense. Fortunately, he noticed that, so now we're just friends.

I wonder though if this is such an unacceptable way to begin. How many people have been led to knowledge of God and the true faith through admiring the beauty of creation or art? Couldn't love for another person operate this way too? I know I came to Orthodoxy through many intermediate loves.
When a time revolts against eternity, the only thing to set against it is genuine eternity itself, and not some other time which has already roused, and not without reason, a violent reaction against itself.
- Berdyaev

If you would like a private forum for non-polemical topics, comment here.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2017, 10:41:00 AM »

I wonder though if this is such an unacceptable way to begin. How many people have been led to knowledge of God and the true faith through admiring the beauty of creation or art? Couldn't love for another person operate this way too? I know I came to Orthodoxy through many intermediate loves.

Well, probably if I was interested in him as a man, nto only a s a friend, I would wait mroe, talk with him more, go to church with him form time to tiem (he has been with me to Liturgy once). Because I know that a few months it's too shrot time to know, to feel Orthodoxy at least a bit. He liked many things in Orthoodxy, he said me the specific things he liked, but .. He stated that if he converted, it would be for me, not because of his views. That was the situation that leaded me two such conclusions:
1. Marrying a non-Orthodox, living with non-Orthodox would be exteremly difficult - I used to think that a Catholic would be fine.
2. Meet an Orthodox, single man there is really hard espeically that sicne I'm a public person in the Polish Orthodox Church, I know a lot of people, and a lot of people know me. So, if I still hadn't met anyone, it means a huge problem to meet someone now or in a future.

Offline Lepanto

• Elder
  • Faith: Roman Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Munich and Freising
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2017, 12:05:00 PM »
At one point I was ready to try to convert. Not really sure that I would see it through, but promised to make a serious attempt. I realized it would take me months, more likely years. It didn't happen for a variety of reasons. I don't really know how it worked for other mixed marriages, all my family only ever married Catholics and all her family only ever Orthodox. In both families, there were those who were not too enthusiastic about our marriage. I guess we were able to prove wrong some prejudices on both sides, but on the other hand, some differences were made that much more obvious. One thing I really learned is that ecumenism in liturgy, as it's increasingly practiced, though mostly with protestants, is highly detrimental. Some good examples of things that can work in a mixed marriage are abstaining from meat together on Fridays, generally fasting or reminding her of her patron saint's day. It's the small things, no theological hidden traps that go a long way.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:08:57 PM by Lepanto »
Sanctus Deus, Sanctus fortis, Sanctus immortalis, miserere nobis.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Protokentarchos
  • Pavel Florensky and Sergei Bulgakov
  • Faith: Neo-Patristic Synthesis
  • Jurisdiction: The thrilling romance of Holy Orthodoxy
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2017, 12:24:21 PM »
2. Meet an Orthodox, single man there is really hard espeically that sicne I'm a public person in the Polish Orthodox Church, I know a lot of people, and a lot of people know me. So, if I still hadn't met anyone, it means a huge problem to meet someone now or in a future.
The Orthodox man of your dreams who also likes Legos is probably basement dwelling somewhere in Poland. Maybe there needs to be a public Lego event to draw him out... 8)

Nevertheless I agree with Iconodule. Eventhough he would convert for you, that doesn't mean God can't work through him in marriage. If you like him enough maybe let time reveal this. No need to rush unless you want children and worry your good childbearing years would soon be behind you. But I know nothing so ignore my ramblings.

I'm so sorry to hear your struggles though Dominika. I wish I could help.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:25:13 PM by RobS »
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Modernist thinking and being consists of nothing but uncritical acceptance.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2017, 02:30:45 PM »
At one point I was ready to try to convert. Not really sure that I would see it through, but promised to make a serious attempt. I realized it would take me months, more likely years. It didn't happen for a variety of reasons. I don't really know how it worked for other mixed marriages, all my family only ever married Catholics and all her family only ever Orthodox. In both families, there were those who were not too enthusiastic about our marriage. I guess we were able to prove wrong some prejudices on both sides, but on the other hand, some differences were made that much more obvious. One thing I really learned is that ecumenism in liturgy, as it's increasingly practiced, though mostly with protestants, is highly detrimental. Some good examples of things that can work in a mixed marriage are abstaining from meat together on Fridays, generally fasting or reminding her of her patron saint's day. It's the small things, no theological hidden traps that go a long way.

Thank you for sharing the story, I see all the points you wrote, and looking at marriage of my parents and another Orthodox-Catholic marriage in my Polish family, I can only agree...

The Orthodox man of your dreams who also likes Legos is probably basement dwelling somewhere in Poland. Maybe there needs to be a public Lego event to draw him out... 8)

Love it!!!

Nevertheless I agree with Iconodule. Eventhough he would convert for you, that doesn't mean God can't work through him in marriage. If you like him enough maybe let time reveal this. No need to rush unless you want children and worry your good childbearing years would soon be behind you. But I know nothing so ignore my ramblings.
Yeah, I agree.. But this specified man.. I know he's just "not for me". Despite the fact that once he visited me we were playing Lego :P So, still waiting ;)

I'm so sorry to hear your struggles though Dominika. I wish I could help.
Please say "Lord have mercy" ;)

Offline Sethrak

• High Elder
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2018, 04:08:34 PM »
Hyrig (father) was Orthodox ou Myrig (mother) was Roman Catholic ~ not a problem ~ not a one ```