Author Topic: my wife hates me  (Read 802 times)

Offline NoahB

• Current Anglican-- Future Orthodox
  • Faith: Anglo-Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Anglican Province of America
Re: my wife hates me
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2015, 11:28:03 AM »
Is there a male version of St. Monica?
I oftentimes come across as being belligerent. I apologize in advance. No offense is intended.

Offline Jonathan Gress

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2015, 02:15:58 PM »
Is there a male version of St. Monica?

What made you think of her?

And is there no one to call at VA if you need emergency prescriptions for anti-depressants? The idea that you need to start writing letters to your congressman strikes me as fishy.

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Archon
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2015, 02:29:29 PM »
I know how you feel, I've been married just under a year, my wife is pregnant and I suffer from depression. Sometimes my wife makes me feel the same way but you have to remember, there are a lot of hormones in her body right now, her body is under a lot of stress, if she didn't love you she wouldn't be with you. Just be patient and hang in there brother, and above all don't do anything that you'll regret.

I am not going to pretend I know what's going on beyond the barest of details you have shared here, but Branthony is on the right path if not quite to the destination.

The first issue is the meds. If you really need them and you're off them, your perception of your wife could well be off. It might be nothing she's doing, but you feel this way because things are starting to go off-balance. I hope you are able to get all of this sorted out soon.

The second issue is that your wife is pregnant. As the domestic partner through five pregnancies, I can say with some confidence your wife probably has some emotional and physical needs that are significantly different than when you were courting. Pregnant women are not children or invalids, but the process of creating another human by depleting their own physical resources means that, yeah, sometimes they're going to be a bit touchy and their attention may be drawn to other things. It's (probably) not personal on her part, but since you've chosen to partner — and reproduce — with her you need to do your part to support her through this. Instead of telling her what you think the two of you need, ask her what she needs or even what she thinks you need — it's amazing what the person you're living with can see in you that you can't see yourself.

--All offered from a wide-out perspective with no guarantee of actual understanding of the situation.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:30:11 PM by Agabus »
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH