OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 26, 2014, 04:47:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My wife and I  (Read 2850 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: February 04, 2004, 08:12:59 PM »

Friends,

My wife and I are having a rough time and it's pretty serious.  Please pray for us that we will discern God's will and that the conflict will end soon.

Thanks

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 08:14:50 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that. You have my prayers.
Tony

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 08:22:31 PM »

Anastasios, my prayers will be with you and your wife.

In Christ,
Anthony
Byzantino
Me Ortodox
Elder

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 08:27:33 PM »

anastasios,

Very sorry to hear that, i'll be praying alot for you.
jbc1949

St. Adeodatus--Given by God

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 01:00:34 AM »

Friends,

My wife and I are having a rough time and it's pretty serious.  Please pray for us that we will discern God's will and that the conflict will end soon.

Thanks

Anastasios

My unworthy prayers unceasing for both of you!
Father Peter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 08:23:03 AM »

And my unworthy prayers also.

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 09:13:56 AM »

anastasios -

Been there. You have my utmost sympathy and my very fervent prayers.

Whatever you two do, hang in there.

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004, 10:43:44 AM »

Dear All,

Thanks for your prayers.  My wife and I have decided to call a "truce" and calm down and will be discussing the issue when she returns from a pre-planned trip to NC this weekend.  I am going to look into professional ways to help curb future incidents like this.  I am sure your prayers are what caused my wife to just wake up and be positive towards me this morning.

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
gregory2
Elder

Most Holy Theotokos, Save Us!

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2004, 11:44:13 PM »

Will pray for you and your wife.  Please pray for me and my wife, and for my friend (David) and his wife also.  

My wife's and my problems revolve a lot around children -- she wants to wait till she's ready (we've been waiting for several years already), I have no idea what exactly she is waiting for, though I'm pretty sure she's very afraid of being pregnant and how a baby will change our lives.  But I'm fearful that we may be a childless couple in 20 years.  Most Holy Theotokos, please grant us Thy compassion!

"Anything that is worth accomplishing cannot be accomplished in a lifetime." - the Holy Fathers
gregory2
Elder

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2004, 11:46:21 PM »

Sorry, Anastasios, I don't mean to take the focus of this thread away from you and your wife.... I will pray for you both.

"Anything that is worth accomplishing cannot be accomplished in a lifetime." - the Holy Fathers
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2004, 12:12:25 AM »

don't worry man, thanks and I will pray for you all too.

Please Buy My Book!

Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2004, 12:28:52 AM »

I cannot believe that I overlooked your initial post, anastasios. Both you and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers quite often already - now doubly so.

Demetri

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
The Caffeinator
Elder

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »

There is an institute for family studies, which is either ecumenical, or there are two different ones belonging to the RCC and the evangelicals. Anyway, they have published some stuff that might be useful to every married person on this board. I will see if I can't dig up a link.

Other good things for married couples is Retrovaille (sp?) and Christian counseling. Your marriage doesn't have to be on the rocks for these. You could simply want to make a good thing better. (But then, I'm still a bachelor...HA! Wink )

Prayers for you both. I think a traditional marriage is perhaps the most powerful Christian witness.
The Caffeinator
Elder

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2004, 12:35:38 PM »

http://www.catholic-family.org/documents/DocIndex.htm

I don't know if this is the one I am thinking of...it is not as exhaustive as I thought it would be. Sad

Anyway, a great resource, although evangelical, is

http://www.family.org
jbc1949

St. Adeodatus--Given by God

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2004, 01:05:25 PM »

Other good things for married couples is Retrovaille (sp?) and Christian counseling. Your marriage doesn't have to be on the rocks for these. You could simply want to make a good thing better. (But then, I'm still a bachelor...HA! Wink )

To add to the "Caffeine Man's" comments, Retrovaille may have started as a Catholic marriage-related program but it has spread to other denominations and secular organizations.  Retrovaille is a process, not a specifically religious doctrine-centered movement although one cannot avoid the theology of Marriage in Retrovaille set in a Catholic setting, an Orthodox setting, or other Christian, Jewish, etc. setting.  Nor should the religious aspect ever be ignored!

Jim C.
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2004, 04:57:58 PM »

My prayers for everyone.

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
gregory2
Elder

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2004, 11:12:33 PM »

the website if anyone's interested is http://www.retrouvaille.org

Marriage is so much more challenging than I thought it would be.  In my parents's days, what my dad said went, and my mom went along.  I knew she wasn't happy a lot of the time, but things seemed to flow more smoothly (but I guess probably not from her perspective!)    Interestingly, now that we kids are out of the house, my mom does not "give in" as much to my dad as she used to.

Focus on the Family is a great organization - and who cares if it isn't Orthodox.  "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from Thee, the Father of lights...."

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: