OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 27, 2014, 09:09:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spam  (Read 566 times) Average Rating: 0
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« on: July 11, 2010, 12:03:32 AM »

I received this today

Hello dear,
With profound respect and humble submission, I beg to state the following few lines for your kind consideration,i got your contact from the http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net  and i hope you will spare some of your valuable minutes to read the following appeal with sympathetic mind. I must confess that it is with great hopes, joy and enthusiasm that I write you this mail which I know and believe by the faith that it must surely find you in good condition of health. My name is Miss Zakiyaa Mohammad, I am the only Daughter of my late parents Mr.and Mrs Ammar Mohammad. My father was a highly reputable business magnet who operated in the capital of Ivory coast during his days.
It is sad to say that he passed away mysteriously in France during one of his business trips abroad on the 20th May 2009. Though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by an uncle of mine who travelled with him at that time. But GOD knows the truth! My mother died when I was just 6yrs old, and since then my father took me so special.

Before the death of my father on May 2009 last year, he called me and informed me that he has the sum of Six Million, Five Hundred thousand United State Dollars.(USD$6,500,000.00) he deposited in a private Bank here in Abidjan Cote D'Ivoire. He told me that he deposited the money in my name, and also gave me all the necessary legal documents regarding to this deposit with the Bank.

I am just 21 years old and a university undergraduate and really don't know what to do. Now I want an honest and Allah fearing partner overseas who I can transfer this money with his assistance and after the transaction I will come and reside permanently in your country till such a time that it will be convinient for me to return back home if I so desire. This is because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of incessant political crisis here in Ivory coast. The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life. I also want to invest the fund under your care because I am ignorant of business world..
I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards. Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded. Now permit me to ask these few questions:
1. Can you honestly help me from your heart?
2. Can I completely trust you?
3. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you after the fund has being transfered into your account and i come over to meet you ?

Please, consider this and get back to me as soon as possible. Immedaitely I confirm your willingness, I will send to you my Picture and also inform you more details involved in this matter.
Anticipating hearing from you soon
Thanks and may Almighty Allah SWT bless you for your concern to help an orphan like me.
Kind Regards,
Miss Zakiyaa Mohammad.

I don't know if a spambot got ahold of site informations or if this is just a coincidence. But I thought the admin should know. If you want me to forward the email to someone here to check ISP stuff (I don't know if that is possible or not), just let me know.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 12:05:14 AM by Quinault » Logged
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 12:22:55 AM »

Have you also PM'ed Fr. Anastasios about this?  He'll most likely read this thread eventually, but a PM may catch his attention even more quickly, particularly if he has his profile set to alert him of new messages in his inbox.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 12:23:56 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 12:24:54 AM »

No, I didn't think that this warranted a pm. But I can do so if you think it is necessary.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 12:26:20 AM »

No, I didn't think that this warranted a pm. But I can do so if you think it is necessary.
It's not necessary, but it may get results faster. Wink
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 12:28:35 AM »

I just forwarded the email to his email addy, if he wants to see it he can, if not then he can just delete it. Hopefully the spambot has the same email address on here as they do in the email and you can know who the spambot is that way.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 12:30:12 AM by Quinault » Logged
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 12:34:35 AM »

It's not necessary, but it may get results faster. Wink
General Disclaimer for Everyone Else:  Fr. Anastasios is usually quite quick to read and respond to threads on this Technical Issues board, so I don't normally recommend that anyone send him a PM in addition to starting a thread here. I just thought this specific issue may warrant more expedition than usual.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 12:37:03 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
ma2000
Elder

Faith: ORTHODOX
Jurisdiction: ROMANIAN

Saint Anthony The Great

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 12:34:47 PM »

I got the same email...

Asemănându-te obiceiurilor râvnitorului Ilie şi urmând Botezătorului pe drepte cărări, Părinte Antonie, te-ai făcut locuitor pustiului şi ai întărit lumea cu rugăciunile tale. Pentru aceasta, roagă-te lui Hristos Dumnezeu, să mântuiască sufletele noastre.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: