OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 29, 2014, 04:28:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are these links for?  (Read 361 times) Average Rating: 0
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« on: July 08, 2010, 09:00:15 AM »

In this forum, at the top of any post is the title/subject and to the left of the title is an icon.  Both of these are hyperlinks, but only back to the post itself.  "Click here to see what you are already seeing."  What are these links for?

This is in no way a criticism or complaint.  It's merely a curiosity.  I suppose it's a function of the BB software we're using, and not related specifically to OC.net, but they still don't make any sense.  Is there a different way to configure a discussion forum that would make these links useful or something?  Just curious.  And I guess I don't have enough to do...
Robert W
Self-appointed forum herald
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Finland

Love is no feeling

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 09:43:13 AM »

I guess it is so you can copy links to specific posts and post them on facebook  Grin
Right klick -> Copy Shortcut (for decadent IE users)

Example:
"LOL look at this post on the crazy christian forum http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,28612.msg451399.html#msg451399Grin
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: