OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 11:25:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The heliocentric model is a cheat  (Read 1428 times) Average Rating: 0
Sofia

Faith: Bible
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

« on: July 06, 2010, 01:49:38 PM »

The Heliocentric model is a cheat

I have read a scientific book, written by an elite scientist Dr. Yasser Shaban, Ph. D. from University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign.  His book is titled: The Verses of Deus;  The knockdown of the heliocentric model.  The book is full of math, geometry, physics and engineering.   I am really convinced that the heliocentric model was proposed 5 centuries ago by closed minded and lake of knowledge individuals.  His book is different from all Apologetics in a sense that he is the first one to diagnose the heliocentric model from its root. For example he analyzed the aberration of starlight and stellar parallax on a geocentric frame ( fixed Earth).   In that chapter he removed the basic argument of the heliocentric.   One another thing fascinated me when he proved that Galileo cheated in his interpretation of the phases of Venus ( gibbous phase). Dr. Shaban proved that the gibbous phase of Venus should result on a geocentric frame.  It is noted in his book that he is not defending the geocentric models by Ptolemy and Tycho Brahe.  I got more confident that the Genesis of the Bible is absolutely right and the idols of science are cheaters.   I bought this book online: http://www.versesofdeus.com
 Sofia
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 01:50:33 PM »

Huh

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 01:53:59 PM »

The Heliocentric model is a cheat

I have read a scientific book, written by an elite scientist Dr. Yasser Shaban, Ph. D. from University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign.  His book is titled: The Verses of Deus;  The knockdown of the heliocentric model.  The book is full of math, geometry, physics and engineering.   I am really convinced that the heliocentric model was proposed 5 centuries ago by closed minded and lake of knowledge individuals.  His book is different from all Apologetics in a sense that he is the first one to diagnose the heliocentric model from its root. For example he analyzed the aberration of starlight and stellar parallax on a geocentric frame ( fixed Earth).   In that chapter he removed the basic argument of the heliocentric.   One another thing fascinated me when he proved that Galileo cheated in his interpretation of the phases of Venus ( gibbous phase). Dr. Shaban proved that the gibbous phase of Venus should result on a geocentric frame.  It is noted in his book that he is not defending the geocentric models by Ptolemy and Tycho Brahe.  I got more confident that the Genesis of the Bible is absolutely right and the idols of science are cheaters.   I bought this book online: http://www.versesofdeus.com
 Sofia

A Flat Earther! I thought they were only a myth! Cheesy

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 02:10:27 PM »

laugh!  Hilarious.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 02:25:52 PM »

The OP has also been posted on an RC forum under the name of "Elena".  Checking things for curiosity's sake I have found that the work is published by an "Elena Stancheva". There is a Dr. Yasser R. Shaban who received an MS and a Ph.D. from UI-Champagne-Urbana (or "Urbana-Champagne" I've heard both) but more that than I haven't found in just a minute or so.  I find it hard to believe that a person who has made it through to a doctorate would write some of the umm  clumsy not to saw odd sentences in the linked to site.

With the publisher's name and that of the duplicate post at the other forum, it might be reasonable to surmise that the OP is an advertisement rather than a serious post for discussion.

Ebor the info-hunter

P.S. I've come across "flat earth believers" in the past and there is an RC apologist named Robert Sungenis who promotes Geo-centrism, too.  I swear I am not making that up.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 02:31:01 PM by Ebor » Logged

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 03:28:49 PM »

yes posted by someone who registered today and has made on other post laugh
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 03:29:09 PM by Tallitot » Logged

Proverbs 22:7
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 06:16:20 PM »

P.S. I've come across "flat earth believers" in the past and there is an RC apologist named Robert Sungenis who promotes Geo-centrism, too.  I swear I am not making that up.
Shouldn't he be called Earthgenis?

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 06:31:19 PM »

Shouldn't he be called Earthgenis?

I hadn't thought of that..  Smiley

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

jckstraw72
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 08:20:07 PM »

how does that make him a flat earther?
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 09:06:38 PM »

how does that make him a flat earther?
You're right.  There's nothing in the OP to suggest that this guy believes the earth is flat, hence we can't call him a flat-earther.  It would be more correct to call him a geocentrist, instead.
Gisasargavak

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Armenian Apostolic Orthodox Church - Holy See of Echmiadzin

Առէ'ք, Կերէ'ք այս է մարմին իմ:

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 11:40:11 PM »

"I got more confident that the Genesis of the Bible is absolutely right and the idols of science are cheaters."

In my opinion, people who need to prove the Truth of the Bible through science are insecure in their faith. Science does not contradict the Bible in any respect, in fact I read somewhere that the highest percentage of scientists who are religious are indeed physicists - people who study the nature of the Universe.
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 11:53:00 PM »

And just when I thought we had hit rock bottom on OC.net! Wink

LMAO...this is good stuff. Grin

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 07:19:39 AM »

Admittedly a tangent, but perhaps one of few chances to get something constructive out of this thread...

The main campus of the University of Illinois is in Champaign-Urbana.  No one (in the entire world, AFAIK) except the University uses the term Urbana-Champaign.  For most of its history, it was known as the University of Illinois, or the University of Illinois at Champaign, or the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana.  But in the early 80s, with the addition of the University of Illinois at Chicago to the UofI system, the brass thought that the closely similar names of UIC and UICU would be too confusing.  To avoid that, they created the name of UIUC.

So there you go.  That's something that perhaps .0004% of the population considers important.  (That is, unless you count the beings orbiting us in the rest of the Gaia System...)
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 11:58:53 AM »

Ah.  Thank you for the explanation. I know some people who went to that school and they always call it Champagne-Urbana (or as a jest "choppy-banana"  I don't know if that is a general or local joke)

chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 04:58:35 PM »

Ah.  Thank you for the explanation. I know some people who went to that school and they always call it Champagne-Urbana (or as a jest "choppy-banana"  I don't know if that is a general or local joke)
He-he.  I hadn't ever heard that one.  A common "cleverness" is to have a website or college-town paper with names like C-U Outside or C-U Around Town.  Real knee-slappers!
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 09:09:11 PM »

From The Philosophy of Space and Time by Hans Reichenbach (1928):

"The relativity theory of dynamics is not a purely academic matter, for it upsets the Copernican worldview. It is meaningless to speak of a difference in truth claims of the theories of Copernicus and Ptolemy; the two conceptions are equivalent descriptions. What had been considered the greatest discovery of western science compared to antiquity, is now denied its claim to truth. However much this fact may caution us in the formulation and evaluation of scientific results, it does not signify a regression in the historical development of science. The theory of relativity does not say that the conception of Ptolemy is correct; rather it contests the absolute significance of either theory."

Unless something has changed within the last couple of years, this debate was settled by Einstein: there is no incorrect answer for this issue.

George
(my first post after lurking for five years)
Tags: heliocentric The Verses of Deus 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: