OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 16, 2014, 09:55:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is Islam the Beast predicted in the Book of Revelation (Apocalypse)?
Yes, definitely.
Most likely, but not sure
Do not know
Not interested
Cannot be
What is Islam?

Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Islam and the Beast  (Read 3858 times) Average Rating: 0
Nazarene
High Elder

Faith: Judaism
Jurisdiction: Messianic

David ben Yessai

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2010, 03:54:09 PM »

"Unbeliever"... Herein lies one of the problems with the topic at hand.  What does this proverbial person not believe?  What do they not accept as the truth?  We have Orthodox Christians and Heterodox Christians here; the differences are not just mere words but monumental chasms.  I suspect that were we all to give a description of this word, this topic would unravel and the conjecture and bizarre claims would be shown for what they are: false.

The Qur'anic term is "kafir" which means 'to deny' or 'to cover over'.

The Qur'anic term "kafir" is best applicable to Mohammad...

On this we agree, kratistos Theophilus!  Wink

We must note and proclaim this miraculous agreement.  Wink

Very true, oh the irony!
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2010, 07:28:50 PM »

"Unbeliever"... Herein lies one of the problems with the topic at hand.  What does this proverbial person not believe?  What do they not accept as the truth?  We have Orthodox Christians and Heterodox Christians here; the differences are not just mere words but monumental chasms.  I suspect that were we all to give a description of this word, this topic would unravel and the conjecture and bizarre claims would be shown for what they are: false.

The Qur'anic term is "kafir" which means 'to deny' or 'to cover over'.

The Qur'anic term "kafir" is best applicable to Mohammad...

On this we agree, kratistos Theophilus!  Wink

We must note and proclaim this miraculous agreement.  Wink

Truth be told, dear brother, we probably agree on many topics, Islam would be one of them.  I think we're my problem lies is that I tend to see my past experiences with Islam and Muslims as how everyone else's experience should've been.  Such is never the case and I apologize to you for being contentious and/or troublesome.   Smiley

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Theophilos78
Archon

Faith: pro-Israeli Zionist Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2010, 03:11:04 AM »

Truth be told, dear brother, we probably agree on many topics, Islam would be one of them.  I think we're my problem lies is that I tend to see my past experiences with Islam and Muslims as how everyone else's experience should've been.  Such is never the case and I apologize to you for being contentious and/or troublesome.   Smiley

Dear brother,

Your apology accepted although there was no need for you to make it. Praised be the name of the LORD, who saved us from the darkness of Islam.

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
sprtslvr1973
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA; Jurisdiaction of Dallas and the South

"Behold I stand at the Door and Knock" Rev. 3:20

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2010, 07:34:52 PM »

I thought about answering yes but as I recall the Antichrist will demand to be worshiped as God. Mohammed for his part never claims to be God nor to sit in place of God. I believe there are other institutions and people that have made such a claim more so.

"Into thy hands I commend my spirit"- Luke 23:46
“Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!” - Mark 9:24
Bowman

Faith: Christian

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2010, 12:17:14 AM »

In the light of the compared verses below, can you say Islam is the beast predicted in the Book of Revelation?

Then I saw another beast coming up from the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but was speaking like a dragon. He exercised all the ruling authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and those who inhabit it worship the first beast, the one whose lethal wound had been healed.  The second beast was empowered to give life to the image of the first beast so that it could speak, and could cause all those who did not worship the image of the beast to be killed. (Holy Bible, Revelation 13:11-12, 15)

And when the word is fulfilled concerning them, We shall bring forth a beast of the earth to speak unto them because mankind had not faith in Our revelations. (Qur'an Surah 27:82)

Thanks from now for your interest.

Peace,
Theophilos

Since the Koranic opus is composed of  >75% paraphrased Biblical Book of Revelation material, I would say that ayat such as this one are not directed towards islam per say, but merely re-enforcing the Biblical stance of followers of the carnal nature…i.e. the non-elect of Jesus.

Ikonguru

Jurisdiction: Baptised Anglican -moving toward Orthodoxy

Lord have Mercy upon me, a Sinner

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2011, 03:46:18 PM »

In my understanding the Beast represents the gratuitous pursuit of evil pleasures, latent in every fallen individual, resulting in sin and death. We either choose to worship the Beast or follow Christ. We can't be double-minded and serve two Masters.

I came across this article about an Imam, representing the Beast

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1352765/Muslim-Imam-given-award-Princess-Anne-facing-jail-raping-boy-mosque.html

If this happened in an Islamic state, I am sure it would not even dare come to light.
I know Christian clergy have sinned in similar ways, but at least there would be some authority to go.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 03:50:13 PM by Ikonguru » Logged

It is from a place of exile, where my captors torment me, that I write these lines. Through the grace of our Lord, I may one day be free.
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2011, 07:52:42 PM »

"Do you like a good UFO mystery? Then try your hand at this one: In the past week, several videos have appeared on the Internet depicting an amazing UFO sequence over the Dome of the Rock, an Islamic shrine, on the Temple Mount in the Old City of Jerusalem."

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2011, 08:01:32 PM »

I thought about answering yes but as I recall the Antichrist will demand to be worshiped as God. Mohammed for his part never claims to be God nor to sit in place of God. I believe there are other institutions and people that have made such a claim more so.

What does the Antichrist, or better Antichrists, have to do with The Apocalypse of John?

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2011, 08:56:25 PM »

In the light of the compared verses below, can you say Islam is the beast predicted in the Book of Revelation?

Then I saw another beast coming up from the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but was speaking like a dragon. He exercised all the ruling authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and those who inhabit it worship the first beast, the one whose lethal wound had been healed.  The second beast was empowered to give life to the image of the first beast so that it could speak, and could cause all those who did not worship the image of the beast to be killed. (Holy Bible, Revelation 13:11-12, 15)

And when the word is fulfilled concerning them, We shall bring forth a beast of the earth to speak unto them because mankind had not faith in Our revelations. (Qur'an Surah 27:82)

Thanks from now for your interest.

Peace,
Theophilos
In your interpretation, what is the "first beast" and what is the "image of the first beast" which is made to "speak"?  This always seemed strange to me. Surely people wouldn't worship talking images which told them what to do? I mean, I can't imagine people bowing to a talking image or dying because they refuse to do so.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Theophilos78
Archon

Faith: pro-Israeli Zionist Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2011, 03:47:47 AM »

In your interpretation, what is the "first beast" and what is the "image of the first beast" which is made to "speak"?  This always seemed strange to me. Surely people wouldn't worship talking images which told them what to do? I mean, I can't imagine people bowing to a talking image or dying because they refuse to do so.

Let me make a guess.

MAYBE the first beast was Muhammad, and the second beast became Khomeini.... Wink

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
Ikonguru

Jurisdiction: Baptised Anglican -moving toward Orthodoxy

Lord have Mercy upon me, a Sinner

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2011, 05:11:49 PM »

Four men slashed teacher's face and left him with fractured skull 'for teaching other religions to Muslim girls'

Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1359160/Gang-slashed-teachers-face-taught-religions-Muslim-girls.html#ixzz1Ed7gR08O

Sad
 Sad

It is from a place of exile, where my captors torment me, that I write these lines. Through the grace of our Lord, I may one day be free.
Tags: Islam the Beast Qur'an Apocalypse of John 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: