OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 22, 2014, 12:33:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Orthodox website  (Read 674 times) Average Rating: 0
searn77

Faith: Orthodox Old Calendarist
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia of the Americas & the British Isles

St. Philaret (Voznesensky) of New York

« on: June 03, 2010, 09:07:17 PM »

This was split off from the following thread:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,28053.msg441975.html#msg441975

Salpy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bless Father,

I know this is kind of off-topic but I sent you a couple of PMs and haven't heard back from you and I wasn't sure if you received them. Here's the message:

I have a slight interest in ancient orthodox Christianity in the British isles which has caused me to stumble on the BOCs website and to search this forum for topics pertaining to it. On one of the threads on this forum I saw an old message by you that said you maintained the website celticorthodoxy.org. I tried going to it but the website is not there anymore. I was just curious about it and was wondering if you plan on making a website pertaining to celtic Christianity again?

Also, I was on the BOC website and filled out applications to receive some literature about the church and also a prayerbook and I was just wondering if you know if they can get shipped overseas (I live in America)? If not, that's fine but I filled out the contact form on the BOC website asking if they ship overseas and haven't heard back from them yet.

Searn77
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 04:27:49 PM by Salpy » Logged

Let us the faithful now come together to praise our father, protector and teacher the pillar of the Orthodox faith and firm defender of piety even the wondrous hierarch Philaret and let us glorify our Saviour Who has granted us his incorrupt relics as a manifest sign of his sanctity.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 09:36:15 PM »

/\  Dear Father Peter,

Yes, I too wish you would bring www.celticorthodoxy.org back into public view.

It had some rare and invaluable material.  I recall that you were placing Warren's The Liturgy and Ritual of the Celtic Church on the site and that was a great thing.  I have a hard copy (scarce as hen's teeth) but your internet site made it so easy to do a page search to find a topic or a term for which I was looking.

The Liturgy and Ritual of the Celtic Church at

http://web.archive.org/web/20021201082323/www.celticorthodoxy.org/warren.shtml
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 08:09:18 AM »

/\  Dear Father Peter,

Yes, I too wish you would bring www.celticorthodoxy.org back into public view.

It had some rare and invaluable material.  I recall that you were placing Warren's The Liturgy and Ritual of the Celtic Church

I thought I would try my luck looking for second hand copies (although they had been fetching up to $400 !)

Pleased to report that someone has reprinted it in 2008 and it is affordable again.  See www.bookfinder.com
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: