Author Topic: OO/EO and EO/OO "transfers"  (Read 4479 times)

Offline Feanor

Re: OO/EO and EO/OO "transfers"
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2010, 03:25:43 AM »
There are Copts (and Maronites, and Melkites) at my Antiochian parish who partake of the Eucharist despite having not been received into the Eastern Orthodox Church via Chrismation. No one seems to care.
What is your jurisdiction?

I think it's safe to assume that it's the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America.

What makes you assume that? I've never been to America in my life.

I'd feel more comfortable not saying where I'm from, though.

Offline alexp4uni

• Site Supporter
  • Elder
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2010, 08:32:37 AM »
Alveus Lacuna, is this your church's website: http://www.stmaryofegypt.net?

Yes.

Yes.

You hit the jackpot a Serbian convert parish that goes out of it comfort zone, a soothing area to appreciate the sacred within the Mission, Previous monasterial praxis and oh yea the blacks!!

Great find!

Offline Salpy

• Toumarches
  • New Martyrs of Libya pray for us!
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2010, 11:18:36 AM »
They call themselves multicultural, and I think that is great.  No wonder they have so many converts.  It seems like a vibrant parish.

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2010, 08:10:27 PM »
There are Copts (and Maronites, and Melkites) at my Antiochian parish who partake of the Eucharist despite having not been received into the Eastern Orthodox Church via Chrismation. No one seems to care.

I think it's safe to assume that it's the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America.

I sort of suspected that I might have to eat my words after I posted that, realizing that you aren't necessarily American, but didn't edit in the chance that I was actually right.

Sorry for the assumption. You're part of the Patriarchate of Antioch but not the American Archdiocese.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 08:10:51 PM by deusveritasest »
I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com

Offline Shlomlokh

• 主哀れめよ!
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2010, 08:43:41 PM »

I sort of suspected that I might have to eat my words after I posted that, realizing that you aren't necessarily American, but didn't edit in the chance that I was actually right.

Sorry for the assumption. You're part of the Patriarchate of Antioch but not the American Archdiocese.
??? His religion says Catholic though. I might not even be Orthodox at all.

In Christ,
Andrew
"I will pour out my prayer unto the Lord, and to Him will I proclaim my grief; for with evils my soul is filled, and my life unto hades hath drawn nigh, and like Jonah I will pray: From corruption raise me up, O God." -Ode VI, Irmos of the Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2010, 09:11:24 PM »

??? His religion says Catholic though. I might not even be Orthodox at all.

In Christ,
Andrew

I think he has at least expressed being EO before.

On top of that, I've never seen the term "Antiochian" here used to refer to anything but the "Roman" Orthodox Church of Antioch.

"Catholic", on the other hand I have seen a number of uses here identify themselves with as an expression of the Catholicity of EOy.
I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com

Offline samkim

• High Elder
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2010, 09:17:45 PM »

Yes.

Was the building bought from a Catholic congregation?
주 예수 그리스도 하느님의 아들이시여 저 이 죄인을 불쌍히 여기소서.