OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 21, 2014, 02:30:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Justinian I Icon  (Read 664 times) Average Rating: 0
Serapis

« on: June 01, 2010, 11:35:08 PM »

Please forgive me if this is the wrong area to post this.  I did a search and have come up empty.

My son is being baptized as Justinian and was was wondering where I could find an icon of St. Justinian I.  Thank you so much for any help.
Paisius
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Multi-Jurisdictional

Reframed

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 11:43:46 PM »

Here you go.

Link

"Is it really true that political self-interest is nobler somehow than economic self-interest?" - Milton Friedman
Serapis

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 11:46:47 PM »

Thanks for the fast response.  That is the only one I came up with for purchase.  I have seen an icon of just him hold Hagia Sophia on google, but can't seem to find where to purchase.  I might visit the Monastery in Brookline since I live 20 mins away.  Thanks, again.
bogdan
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 12:38:13 AM »

Here is one that is a detail of the one Paisius posted.

And here is a modern one. That's just a postcard, but the iconographer, Matthew Garrett, offers mounted icons on his website. If you get in touch with him you could probably the icon of St Justinian mounted.

The other option is to commission an iconographer to paint one, depending on your budget (it can get pricey).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 12:38:34 AM by bogdan » Logged
Tags: icons Emperor Justinian 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: