OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 12:53:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Resources in Hebrew?  (Read 902 times) Average Rating: 0
Shlomlokh
主哀れめよ!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Bulgarian

« on: May 31, 2010, 03:27:00 PM »

!שלמ
Does anyone know if there are any Orthodox resources in Hebrew? Any texts of the Divine Liturgy, prayers or the other Divine Services? I'm starting to learn Hebrew in preparation for next semester, but I'm learning Modern Hebrew and the class is on Classical or Biblical Hebrew. If anyone has resources in both or either Modern or Classical Hebrew, I would greatly appreciate it!

In Christ,
Andrew

"I will pour out my prayer unto the Lord, and to Him will I proclaim my grief; for with evils my soul is filled, and my life unto hades hath drawn nigh, and like Jonah I will pray: From corruption raise me up, O God." -Ode VI, Irmos of the Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos
Shlomlokh
主哀れめよ!
OC.net guru

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 11:35:53 AM »

Anyone at all?

"I will pour out my prayer unto the Lord, and to Him will I proclaim my grief; for with evils my soul is filled, and my life unto hades hath drawn nigh, and like Jonah I will pray: From corruption raise me up, O God." -Ode VI, Irmos of the Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos
ag_vn
Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 01:10:52 PM »

There used to be a site of the Hebrew speaking Orthodox community in the state of Israel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Avramba
If that helps, on this YouTube channel, there are videos of the liturgy in Hebrew with Fr. Alexander Winogradsky, who serves the Hebrew speaking Orthodox community in the state of Israel.
Shlomlokh
主哀れめよ!
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 01:36:31 PM »

There used to be a site of the Hebrew speaking Orthodox community in the state of Israel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Avramba
If that helps, on this YouTube channel, there are videos of the liturgy in Hebrew with Fr. Alexander Winogradsky, who serves the Hebrew speaking Orthodox community in the state of Israel.
This is excellent! Thank you very much. I'm going to try to contact him. His chanting sounds different than Byzantine, which I had assumed was the norm in Jerusalem, but I really love this.

If anyone else has anything, please post it here.

In Christ,
Andrew

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: