OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 09:44:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bed Head  (Read 2672 times) Average Rating: 0
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« on: January 25, 2004, 02:11:57 AM »

As a hair stylist, I have been very experienced at different lines of hair products. I have to say that out of all of the hair products, I like TiGi Bed Head the best for 3 simple reasons-

1. Bed Head is made of the finest quality ingrediants, and thus greatly helps in achieving the style you want.

2. It smells great! Every product on their line has it's own unique smell. In particular, I love the way the MANIPULATOR and the HEAD RUSH shine spray smells.

3. The packaging is simply the best. Bed Head has the most creative packaging I have ever seen. Unlike Paul Mitchel, for example, it's not the same color on every single bottle ect... Every single product has it's own unique packaging.

I have also done hair cutting training in Europe at Toni & Guy, who are the founders of Bed Head, and have taken several classes on their products. It has been a lot of fun!

I am curious if any of you use Bed Head products, and if so, how do you like them? If you don't use Bed Head, then what do you use?

If any of you have any questions, and want to pick my brain on which products to use for your hair, just let me know and I'll steer you in the right direction!

Here is TiGi's home page if anyone wants to take a look at it.

http://www.tigihaircare.com/

ORTHODOX BAGPIPER

St. Floyd, pray for me

Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 02:19:24 AM »

Like most rednecks, when I suffer from "bed head," I put on my Mossy Oak camouflaged baseball cap.  Grin

Not only does it hide my messy hair, but it guarantees instant recognition and acceptance as a local, especially when I ride around in my pickup.

Doesn't keep your ears warm this time of year, though. So I currently wear the hat with the ear flaps that I picked up in Moscow.  Cool

St. Floyd - is that Floyd the barber from The Andy Griffith Show?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2004, 02:21:17 AM by Linus7 » Logged

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
PhosZoe
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

One foot in the cradle

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 10:06:44 AM »

I like "dumb blonde" deep conditoner. It keeps my hair nice and silky.  Great stuff!

Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 10:16:38 PM »

Dumb Blone is a good shampoo and conditioner, especially for damaged hair. There is a lot of protien in the conditioner, and it has a wonderful citrus smell.

I am currently using the Bed Head "Manipulator" Shampoo, and the "Self Absorbed" conditioner. I used the Dumb Blonde when I was platinum.

The new "Treat me right" deep conditioning hair mask is fantastic. I have used different deep conditioning treatments on my hair, and I can truly say that  the Bed Head Treat me right has been the best I have ever used. I use it on all of my clients with slight to heavily damaged hair.

As for that "Ryan Seacrest" look for men, I would suggest using The Bed Head "Manipulator".

ORTHODOX BAGPIPER

Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 10:22:03 PM »

One more thing about Bed Head products. It is one of the most (if not the most) popular line of hair products used by celebrities.

-Sharron Osbourne
-Kevin Cosner
-Collin Farrel
-Don Henly
-Ben Afflick
-Mandy Moore
-Kim Basinger
-Clay Akin (as well as all of the "american idol" contestants)
-Jon Bon Jovi
-Ewan McGregor
-Rob Lowe

These are just a few of the endless list of celebrities that use bed head.

ORTHODOX BAGPIPER

Troparion - Tone 1:
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 11:27:56 PM »

One more thing about Bed Head products. It is one of the most (if not the most) popular line of hair products used by celebrities.

-Sharron Osbourne
-Kevin Cosner
-Collin Farrel
-Don Henly
-Ben Afflick
-Mandy Moore
-Kim Basinger
-Clay Akin (as well as all of the "american idol" contestants)
-Jon Bon Jovi
-Ewan McGregor
-Rob Lowe

These are just a few of the endless list of celebrities that use bed head.

But none of these people are Orthodox Christians, are they?  Hmmm.... Tongue

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2004, 11:31:10 PM »

I wish to do my hair like Al Sharpton, what products do you recomend?
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 07:17:18 AM »

But none of these people are Orthodox Christians, are they?  Hmmm.... Tongue
Bedhead hair products are highly recommended by all the Orthodox Patriarchs that use them, so there! Grin

John.
Bogoliubtsy
Archon

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2004, 06:09:17 PM »

I used to be a big fan of Murray's Pomade. It' has some serious hold... I suppose because I believe it's meant for afros, but I dunno. Smiley

"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist". - Archbishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
arimethea
Getting too old for this
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch

Does anyone really care what you think?

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2004, 07:02:00 PM »

Bagpiper I think I speak for every straight guy on here... WHO CARES!!!

Grin

(just giving you a hard time)

Joseph
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2004, 07:47:04 PM »

Bagpiper I think I speak for every straight guy on here... WHO CARES!!!

So your not a metrosexual?  Wink

I used to be a big fan of Murray's Pomade. It' has some serious hold... I suppose because I believe it's meant for afros, but I dunno.

I take it you go to the barbershop to get your hair done?

(side note: bed head controll freak is great for african american hair!!!)

cool picture by the way!

A chemical relaxer, and bed head controll freak. Al Sharpton is quite a trend setter! (just slightly behind Don King and James Brown)

But none of these people are Orthodox Christians, are they?  Hmmm....

Mabey Sharon Osbourn? Her mansion has more crosses in it than the vatican!

Like most rednecks, when I suffer from "bed head," I put on my Mossy Oak camouflaged baseball cap.

Not only does it hide my messy hair, but it guarantees instant recognition and acceptance as a local, especially when I ride around in my pickup.

Doesn't keep your ears warm this time of year, though. So I currently wear the hat with the ear flaps that I picked up in Moscow.  

Classy. You sound like a candidate for a future episode of "Queer eye for the straight guy".  Wink

Bedhead hair products are highly recommended by all the Orthodox Patriarchs that use them, so there!

I thought I was the only one privey to this information. The reason their long beards always look perfect is due to the bed head products they use on them.  

ORTHODOX BAGPIPER  Grin

Troparion - Tone 1:
Bogoliubtsy
Archon

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2004, 08:43:42 PM »

I take it you go to the barbershop to get your hair done?

What gave you that idea?
Actually, I recently gave myself a decent "fade" ...all on my own...and it even looks pretty decent. Maybe I was meant to be a barber? Hmm....I bet I could rake in some cash opening a barbershop at Holy Cross. Smiley

"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist". - Archbishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2004, 12:05:31 AM »

An Orthodox barbershop? Hmmmmmm..... not a bad idea! I think that you might me on to something!

Troparion - Tone 1:
Bogoliubtsy
Archon

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2004, 02:11:24 AM »

Someone beat me to it.  Totally unbelievable, but true!

http://www.holycross.hchc.edu/pages/barber/barber.asp

Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2004, 11:23:03 PM »

Mabey there should be a chain of Othodox barbershops? It could be a good evangelistic  tool and raise money for the churches. Who knows, mabey one day they will make a movie called "Orthodox Barbershop"?

Unfortunatley, I am a cosmotologist, not a barber. Mabey I might open up an orthodox beauty salon? I think the clergy with the big beards would look good with highlights and low lights in them.

Personally, I think that the orthodox clergy would look better with the ryan seacrest/clay akin hair style. It is only a matter of time before Orthodox GQ magazine is going to be published!

ORTHODOX BAGPIPER

Troparion - Tone 1:
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 08:10:03 PM »

I'm partial to Herbel Essences myself...

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 08:17:31 PM »

Soul glo. Definitely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doTln-HDFQo
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

Use your words!

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 12:20:57 AM »

^ Great movie. But now I'm reminded of how far Eddie Murphy has fallen... 

FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 12:35:58 AM »

Since this thread's been resurrected and all...

I used to be a big fan of Murray's Pomade. It' has some serious hold... I suppose because I believe it's meant for afros, but I dunno. Smiley

I would like to second the love for this venerable and respectable hair treatment.  For more than afros, pomade was the go-to product for quiffs, pompadours, and pretty much every look from 1930-1965.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 12:37:14 AM by FormerReformer » Logged

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 03:23:40 AM »

I've two cowlicks. Who knew that my hair would have become the cutting edge of fashion five years ago without doing anything to it.

I have "bed head" no matter what I do unless my hair is less than an inch in length or greater than six inches.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: