OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 02:26:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Miracle in the Life of Saint Severus  (Read 499 times) Average Rating: 0
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« on: May 28, 2010, 11:28:41 AM »

Smiley

One day as St Severus was in hiding, he went to the desert of Scetis, Egypt, and entered a church there disguised as a foreign monk. After the priest had placed the Qurban on the altar and had offered incense throughout the church he returned to the altar to find the Qurban missing from the paten. The priest was disturbed by this and wept. Interpreting this as a sign of divine rebuke, he turned towards the congregation and said, "O brethren, I cannot find the Qurban, and do not know whether this on account of my sins or yours. Immediately, an angel of the Lord appeared and told the priest, "This has happened neither on account of your sins nor the sins of the congregation, but rather because you offered the Qurban in the presence of a Patriarch." The priest, astonished, responded, "And where is the Patriarch my master?" The angel pointed to St. Severus who was standing in a corner of the church. By the Grace of the Holy Spirit the priest recognised him immediately. The priest came to St Severus and brought him to the altar with great honour, and when he had gone up to the altar he found the Qurban in the paten as it had been before, and they all praised God and glorified His Name.

Glory be to God forever. Amen.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 07:07:50 PM »

Awesome.  Smiley

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 10:19:47 PM »

Awesome.  Smiley

Very awesome indeed. Thank God for His Saints whose lives "tell of the power of [His] awesome works, and...proclaim [His] great deeds" (Ps. 145:6).

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Tags: saints Oriental Orthodox saints St. Severus 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: