OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 31, 2014, 11:47:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any suggestions? :(  (Read 753 times) Average Rating: 0
Theophilos78
Archon

Faith: pro-Israeli Zionist Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« on: May 21, 2010, 06:25:24 AM »

Peace to you all!

I have a problem and I need your ideas/suggestions.

A few weeks ago I saw that an interesting topic that I am familiar with was put up for discussion at a Turkish forum of atheists/agnostics. The (translation of) name of the site is Freedom From Religions. I had been there a few days and contributed to the discussion under the Islamic section.

However, I noticed that the forum had a special section dedicated to the critique (heavy bombardment) of Christian doctrines. More, I was surprised to see there a guy bash Christianity with much pleasure and hatred. This guy unfortunately turned out to be the same guy I had met at the Turkish Christian forum a few months back. At that time he was a candidate for Orthodox baptism and used to write posts in defense of the Holy Bible. He later changed his mind, quit the faith, and began to start many threads against Christianity. What is more saddening is that there are few Christians who can reply to his posts and address his perversion of the facts. I started to write in response to that guy and rebutted some of his arguments. I stopped the discussion when he took to attacking my personality and using childish techniques in our discussion. Right at that moment another atheist member of the forum dived headlong into our discussion and used nasty words while describing Jesus and His holy mother. I cannot repeat his nasty words because they were overt insults flung at personages we consider holy. I warned that "anarchist" guy (his nick) and wrote a warning message to the forum administration. Using swear words with regard to beliefs is considered a criminal act in the Turkish Law. I said that I would no more write at that forum, but report them to the Turkish courts so as to get them banned. Another Christian guy writing there lost his temper (when he saw the insults directed at Panaghia) and cursed the anarchist. He was instantly banned.

I managed to copy in JPEG format the anarchist's nasty message and consulted a lawyer. The lawyer said the anarchist and the forum administration violated the Turkish law and told me that my appeal to the court would be accepted. I think it will be much better and quicker to start a lawsuit through an institution (a Christian group or the EP)rather than personally. Do you think I should relate this issue to the EP? How can I do such a thing? (I do not know the procedures). Some Christians living in my country, however, advise me not to do anything about this forum. They simply suggest that I should not report the incident, but keep writing there as learned Christian writers are needed to defend Christianity.

What is your suggestion? Should I forget about all this and let those filthy writers get away with their crime and keep writing there in defense of Christianity? Or should I contact the authorities at the EP and ask for their help in the process of the prosecution?

Suggestions and ideas are welcome.

Blessings,
Theophilos78

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 08:34:39 AM »

Peace to you all!

I have a problem and I need your ideas/suggestions.

A few weeks ago I saw that an interesting topic that I am familiar with was put up for discussion at a Turkish forum of atheists/agnostics. The (translation of) name of the site is Freedom From Religions. I had been there a few days and contributed to the discussion under the Islamic section.

However, I noticed that the forum had a special section dedicated to the critique (heavy bombardment) of Christian doctrines. More, I was surprised to see there a guy bash Christianity with much pleasure and hatred. This guy unfortunately turned out to be the same guy I had met at the Turkish Christian forum a few months back. At that time he was a candidate for Orthodox baptism and used to write posts in defense of the Holy Bible. He later changed his mind, quit the faith, and began to start many threads against Christianity. What is more saddening is that there are few Christians who can reply to his posts and address his perversion of the facts. I started to write in response to that guy and rebutted some of his arguments. I stopped the discussion when he took to attacking my personality and using childish techniques in our discussion. Right at that moment another atheist member of the forum dived headlong into our discussion and used nasty words while describing Jesus and His holy mother. I cannot repeat his nasty words because they were overt insults flung at personages we consider holy. I warned that "anarchist" guy (his nick) and wrote a warning message to the forum administration. Using swear words with regard to beliefs is considered a criminal act in the Turkish Law. I said that I would no more write at that forum, but report them to the Turkish courts so as to get them banned. Another Christian guy writing there lost his temper (when he saw the insults directed at Panaghia) and cursed the anarchist. He was instantly banned.

I managed to copy in JPEG format the anarchist's nasty message and consulted a lawyer. The lawyer said the anarchist and the forum administration violated the Turkish law and told me that my appeal to the court would be accepted. I think it will be much better and quicker to start a lawsuit through an institution (a Christian group or the EP)rather than personally. Do you think I should relate this issue to the EP? How can I do such a thing? (I do not know the procedures). Some Christians living in my country, however, advise me not to do anything about this forum. They simply suggest that I should not report the incident, but keep writing there as learned Christian writers are needed to defend Christianity.

What is your suggestion? Should I forget about all this and let those filthy writers get away with their crime and keep writing there in defense of Christianity? Or should I contact the authorities at the EP and ask for their help in the process of the prosecution?

Suggestions and ideas are welcome.

Blessings,
Theophilos78

‹‹Benim yüzümden insanlar size sövüp zulmettikleri, yalan yere size karşı her türlü kötü sözü söyledikleri zaman ne mutlu size!  Sevinin, sevinçle coşun! Çünkü göklerdeki ödülünüz büyüktür. Sizden önce yaşayan peygamberlere de böyle zulmettiler.››

I'd not let them take your peace from you.  God has His own way of dealing with such things. "Vengence is Mine," saith the Lord, "and I will repay."

I'd contact the EP, going to the Fener if possible.  There is probaby lots of litigation that goes on in Turkey about such matters, and given the situation, one has to worry about the grand scheme of things.  You may not be aware of that, but the EP's lawyers should, so they should know what to do to advance the Church's interests. Give them the material, and trust their judgement on what to do. They may decide to do nothing: secular courts are just a crap shoot.

The defense of the Faith is more important, so I'd keep with that, rebuking those who need it when they need it.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
ignatios

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 08:57:28 PM »

It is so horrible to see the seed snatched away by the devil before it can bear fruit. I will keep this matter in my prayers, especially the man who turned from Christ and his fellow-atheist thug. May God bless them and have mercy on them. Unfortunately, we will have to deal with this until He returns. Forgive them, Lord, for they know not what they do.
Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 04:55:55 AM »

‹‹Benim yüzümden insanlar size sövüp zulmettikleri, yalan yere size karşı her türlü kötü sözü söyledikleri zaman ne mutlu size!  Sevinin, sevinçle coşun! Çünkü göklerdeki ödülünüz büyüktür. Sizden önce yaşayan peygamberlere de böyle zulmettiler.››

I'd not let them take your peace from you.  God has His own way of dealing with such things. "Vengence is Mine," saith the Lord, "and I will repay."

I'd contact the EP, going to the Fener if possible.  There is probaby lots of litigation that goes on in Turkey about such matters, and given the situation, one has to worry about the grand scheme of things.  You may not be aware of that, but the EP's lawyers should, so they should know what to do to advance the Church's interests. Give them the material, and trust their judgement on what to do. They may decide to do nothing: secular courts are just a crap shoot.

The defense of the Faith is more important, so I'd keep with that, rebuking those who need it when they need it.

Thanks for the reply, brother Isa.

If that anarchist had insulted ME instead of the Lord, I would not have cared. The Law is against what the forum allowed. I am going to contact the EP and inform them of the problem. I shall, of course, leave the rest with them. If they want, they will take legal action.

Blessings,
Theophilos

Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 04:59:00 AM »

It is so horrible to see the seed snatched away by the devil before it can bear fruit. I will keep this matter in my prayers, especially the man who turned from Christ and his fellow-atheist thug. May God bless them and have mercy on them. Unfortunately, we will have to deal with this until He returns. Forgive them, Lord, for they know not what they do.

Thanks for the reply and your prayers.

The guy in question has definitely been snatched away by the devil. He is writing now in direct opposition to what he wrote before. Changing sides cannot be so easy.

Tags: forum  atheism  insult  vulgar 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: