OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 01:06:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For the safety of Pope Benedict XVI  (Read 686 times) Average Rating: 0
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Boston

« on: May 19, 2010, 12:08:53 PM »

Assassination plot by radical Muslims against Pope prevented

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/assassination-plot-by-radical-muslims-against-pope-prevented/

Two Moroccan students who attended a university in the central Italian city of Perugia were expelled from the country last month after it was discovered that they were conspiring to kill Pope Benedict. One of them allegedly said he wished to “earn a place in Paradise.”

According to Italian weekly newspaper Panorama, conversations intercepted by Italian authorities led to the arrest and deportation of the two suspects.

The order for expulsion reportedly included the transcript of a conversation in which one of the students, Mohammed Hlal, said that he wished “death to the head of the Vatican City State” and was "ready to assassinate him to earn a place in Paradise."

The 26-year-old Hlal was speaking over the phone with 22-year-old Ahmed Errahmouni when he made the statements, which earned them the attention of the local police and a trip back to Morocco.

They were deemed a “threat to national security” in the document signed by the Italian Minister of the Interior, Roberto Moroni, and expelled on April 29, Panorama reported.

deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 01:21:01 PM »

Lord have mercy.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 01:24:24 PM »

Through the prayers of all holy popes of Old Rome, Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on His Holiness.
Hamartolos
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 01:35:36 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Formerly known as "mctavix"
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 02:05:05 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 02:50:23 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Boston

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 05:20:47 PM »

Thanks for your prayers.

I fear that there are more out there who hope to kill the Pope.

God knows how many Patriarchs of Constantinople have been victims of Islamists.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: