OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 08:10:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My cousin Josh  (Read 1341 times) Average Rating: 0
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« on: May 19, 2010, 01:55:47 AM »

My younger cousin is apparently dying from skin cancer. He was diagnosed with a lesion on the leg over a year ago. But rather then actually going thru chemo/surgery ect he went to a naturopathic doctor. When that didn't work he saw ANOTHER naturopathic doctor. Now it has spread to his various organs and lymph nodes. It seems he STILL won't go thru chemo. I love my cousin. He has had a difficult life. My aunt has always been a single mother and he as always been a bit of a mommy's boy. They made the decision together to pursue this type of therapy.

If you could pray for him I would appreciate it. And if you could pray for me I would appreciate it. I am finding myself very angry that the family was told seemingly at the last second and I am exceedingly angry that my cousin is seemingly dying because of stupidity in terms of cancer treatment. I should not have these feelings, I should not judge. Please pray for my wicked soul/mind that I will not judge. I love this man, he was like a brother to me growing up.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 02:31:02 AM »

Lord Have Mercy ! For You and Your Family...
Lord Have Mercy !On Josh May The Lord Grant Him Healing....Amen Amen
Prayers To our Pure And Holy Blessed Mother Of God And to All the Holy Saint's ,
that they may Intercede and help...Amen Amen
Lord Hear Our Prayer's ,,And Please Please grant Them..Amen Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 10:43:25 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 10:57:43 AM »

Lord have Mercy.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 01:04:14 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 01:18:31 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Love never fails.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 05:05:22 AM »

He is now in hospice care and unable to speak. They think he has a few days to live. I am going to try and get down there to see him Sunday before he passes. He is not Orthodox, neither is his mother, but I was thinking about bringing some of my holy water for them. Would that be a bad idea? I feel so helpless to be of any comfort to either of them at this point. I am past being angry and just really sad.
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 08:22:38 AM »

I am so sorry, so very, very sorry, Quinault! Cry

Lord, have mercy, on your cousin and everyone.

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 10:57:44 AM »

May The Lord Have Mercy On Josh,When His Time Arrives, Grant Him A Peaceful Transition From This Life, To Life EverLasting ,Lord Have Mercy! Amen Amen

Lord Grant Comfort To Family And Friends In this time of Sorrow.....Amen Amen

Blessed Are They That Mourn, For they Shall Be Comforted....Amen.. Cry

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 01:37:40 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 02:43:18 PM »

I drove down to see him yesterday (12+ hours in total both ways). His mother is apparently some sort of "new" flavor of messianic Jew mixed with charismatic mumbo jumbo. There were a bunch of women wearing talliths as shawls and a "faith healer" trying to speak the cancer out of his body in tongues, "slaying each other in the spirit," "holy laughter" and in general having a pentecostal dog and pony show around his deathbed. I told him that I loved him, asked his forgiveness for not staying in touch, gave him some holy water (with my priest's blessing) and left. They tried to wrap me into the whole thing because the tallith women thought I was Jewish because of my first name. All I did was tell him that healing is supposed to be of soul AND body, and that healing of the soul is more important. I hope his mom doesn't throw away the holy water, she thought her faith healer and his holy oil was all he needed. Josh was ignored for the "revival" that was occurring around him. I stuck out like a sore thumb for not participating. I am really glad that my two eldest weren't there to witness the spectacle. I am fairly sure they waited to start until we arrived (my brothers and two youngest came with me). My aunt Mary is NOT supportive of my conversion, so I think she was hoping to "save" me. And I am fairly sure the faith healer was asked to target me since he kept asking me if I wanted to be baptized in the holy spirit. Normally I would have argued about where he was offbase, but this wasn't the time or place.

Thank you for your prayers. If you could pray for a peaceful end to Josh's life despite the "fight with death" his mother is orchestrating daily that would be wonderful. He isn't going to be able to end his life in a peaceful setting since his mom is "believing" he will be healed, I hope he can have a peaceful spiritual end.

He speaks by squeezing your hand in affirmations, and he forgave me for not staying in contact. I let him know I love him and kissed his hand, that was all I could do. I hope it was of help to him.

I am sad I had to miss Pentecost in my home parish by attending this "event." I really love Pentecost, I even helped create the greenery all day last Friday this year! I wanted to see my handiwork in place on the iconostasis, but this was a better thing to do. I have some measure of peace that I let him know that I love him despite being out of contact.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 02:50:21 PM by Quinault » Logged
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 10:18:37 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 02:31:21 PM »

My cousin passed away yesterday. My aunt didn't tell anyone, we all found out thru various other channels.
Orual
Orthodoxy = 7, not 3
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Sunday Morning Costume Parade

I'm just here for the food.

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 02:48:32 PM »

My cousin passed away yesterday. My aunt didn't tell anyone, we all found out thru various other channels.

Memory eternal.

Sadly, this is yet another death attributable to pseudoscience.

He spoke it as kindly and heartily as could be; as if a man dashed a gallon of cold water in your broth and never doubted you'd like it all the better. 

- C.S. Lewis, Till We Have Faces
f.k.a. Matron.a
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 02:54:10 PM »

Memory Eternal! Cry

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 05:48:39 PM »

May Josh'es Memory Be eternal...Amrn Amen...
May God Forgive Him All His Sin's ,
May The Earth Be Light For Him....Amen
Count Him Blessed Lord Amongst Thy Just..Amen Amen

Вечнаја Памјат...Амин...
Бог Да Му Душу Опрости ,Лака Му Земља Била
Царство Насељивање Да Би Примијо...Амин Амин
Бројига Господе Са Твојем Праведне....Амин Амин
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 06:08:50 PM by stashko » Logged

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 01:00:24 PM »

May the memory of the servant of God, Joshua, be eternal!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: