OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 23, 2014, 06:27:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Think I just need some hands to hold...  (Read 1379 times) Average Rating: 0
Isadore

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Mediterranean

« on: May 18, 2010, 06:39:37 AM »

Sorry this is going to read like a journal entry, I've been through a rollercoaster of awful tonight.

I've been planning on debasing myself for a nest egg of money so I can move on to better things but I've been treated terribly everywhere I went. That's as far of a summary as I can give.

I tried modeling just to get some good photos of how I look now and got dragged in the dirt for not giving free nude shots to strangers (as in constant harassment) because I look pretty. I actually had some photographer tell me he would hire me to rip up a Bible and reenact all the 7 deadly sins "in parody". I denied every shoot I felt was edging too far into vanity and denied the crazies and still got harassed.

I've still been doing sex work for stupid reasons. One is to prove I'm still a sinner and I deserve to be debased for it. I know that's an unhealthy attitude. Luckily ? that took a turn for the worse. Once again because I'm "pretty" I got some stalkers. And I started hating it even more. I've been on the fence about when to quit because of money questions. Pretty much it soon became a question of when.

I guess I got an answer because my great aunt died at 99 (she was a stand-in for my grandmother because my grandmother died when my dad was little). I went to her service and dealt with my Atheist family again. I got made fun of for covering my hair and crossing myself even. Instead of accepting the Euchrist my dad just started crying. I knew he wanted to, but he didn't want to be made fun of. It was tragic how stubborn people were in both ways. They did sing my favorite hymn and since then I've been under the spell of it feeling sick and like I need to break away now.

I decided to sleep on it, so I slept on it, I woke up with the hymn in my head and crying constantly. I immediately quit and canceled any modeling even figure modeling. I am going to quit my "house" Friday. I am going to ignore all calls from them or any stranger. I am going to cut my hair off.

I still feel pretty terrible because I know I'm trying to take the right steps but everyone I worked around will make it difficult. I feel that I should be proclaiming Christ is Risen and celebrating but I'm full of dread. I still don't feel right and I feel like I'm hurting people. It's so confusing.

I guess I could really use encouragement with my decisions because despite everything I feel terrible about myself.

"Acquire a peaceful spirit, and around you thousands will be saved."
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 08:30:32 AM »

Isadore.

You have my "virtual/cyber" hand, if you need it!

You sound like you've put much thought in to your "life style" and realize it is not the best thing for you.

Remember, there is no sin that God cannot forgive.  He just waits for us to realize we are sinning, to repent and to ask for His forgiveness.

Why don't you just ignore those silly family members and do the "right" thing.  Maybe if you show courage and perseverance towards your faith, you will bolster your father's courage, so he too, can benefit.

You are in my unworthy prayers.

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 09:40:18 AM »

Lord, have mercy! 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 10:04:45 AM »

Lord have Mercy.
livefreeordie
High Elder

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 10:15:22 AM »

I'll be praying for you.
tuesdayschild
High Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 10:21:19 AM »

Have you considered paying a visit to a women's monastery?  A few days working and praying alongside Orthodox nuns may help you find the guidance and encouragement you are looking for.
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 05:36:55 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Isadore

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 06:19:51 PM »

Have you considered paying a visit to a women's monastery?  A few days working and praying alongside Orthodox nuns may help you find the guidance and encouragement you are looking for.

I found a beautiful one I hope to go stay at sometime soon, but right now my family's needs are more immediate and I seem to be holding my dad together.

PrincessMommy
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

OCA

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 06:25:00 PM »

I was thinking the same thing.  Perhaps a bit of a respite at a monastery for spiritual renewal and wisdom as well as the peace you would be surrounded by would help you. 
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 07:06:30 PM »

I found a beautiful one I hope to go stay at sometime soon, but right now my family's needs are more immediate and I seem to be holding my dad together.

I will say this from personal experience- you are of no real help to anyone unless you take care of yourself. It is easy to think that it is selfish to care for yourself. But to care for yourself enables you to care for others. You can not bear the weight of others when you can barely hold up your own. The burdens of others can make up lighter only when we have adequetely cared for ourselves. You are to be a good steward of the life/body/mind God gave you. Don't neglect yourself inorder to give to others. Doing that will catch up to you and cause you to fall...hard. Care for yourself now while you can. I doubt your father would want you to ill treat yourself to treat him well.
Isadore

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 10:21:38 PM »

I guess I am taking a vacation soon then.

I was right though. I got tons of hate mail today just from rejecting future clients who called me all manner of names you can guess, insulted my family and everything about me really. Of course it has to be the day for some reason my message filters don't work. One psycho went through a whole spiel insulting me for selling myself (much more vulgar), being ugly, insulted my father, went through a speech about being rich, and then apologized because "I am hot". This was *after* I had another stalker panic attack. I really can't believe people. First of all I'm not vain and being "hot" means nothing to me. It just makes me afraid of interacting with most men. Second of all when has being "hot" ever saved anyone from abuse or suffering? Well, obviously...

And this is *before* anyone else knows I'm leaving. Sad At least tomorrow is Wednesday.

I am going to go into my closest to pray quite literally and wait for this to weather out...

HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 12:49:38 AM »

Lord have mercy

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Cosmos

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of North America

أيها الرب يسوع المسيح ابن الله, إرحمني أنا الخاطئ

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 01:26:14 AM »

Dear Isadore:

I pray that God will mercifully bless you with an abundance of His healing grace!

Cosmos

Κύριε Ἰησοῦ Χριστέ, ἐλέησόν με!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: